Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 09:25 PM
IAG IAG started this thread

41 posts, read 99,520 times

Advertisements

Hello City-Data family and former Brooklynites,

I am currently in NYC with hopes of landing a job soon in the Charlotte area. Anyhow, I will be residing in Cabarrus county in a community called Fullerton Place. I come down to charlotte practically every month and I am looking for a non-denomination church-home like the one I attend in Brooklyn (called Christian Cultural Center(CCC)). I was wondering if here was anyone on this forum that is fron NYC or Long Island area that have attendined CCC and have found a chuurch with the similar values and teachings in Charlotte, NC. Please let me know, because there are ar too many churches in Chrlotte to go through.

For those of you who want an idea what I am looking, here is a description of CCC (copied and pasted it from their website Home (Christian Cultural Center (CCC)))
  • ABOUT Christian Cultural Center(CCC)

Christian Cultural Center is a fellowship of individuals united by a common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Founded in 1978 by Reverend A. R. Bernard, Sr. and his wife Karen, CCC has grown from that small beginning to a current membership of over 30,000+.

CCC is composed of people from diverse cultural backgrounds, experiences and walks of life; All of whom have made a public confession of their identification with Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. All members believe the scriptures of the Old and New Testament, commonly known as the Holy Bible, to be the sole source of faith and the absolute rule of conduct for human life. They have determined to build their lives on Truth; the firmest and most stable of any foundation.

Each member subscribes to the belief that Jesus Christ is the only true Savior. He is the Lord of life, and the only way a person can have eternal life is through being united with Jesus, in Spirit, by repentance and faith. They also purpose to reach and teach others this fundamental truth.

All members understand that the purpose of the local church is to cooperate with the Holy Spirit in the development, preservation and expression of the life of God in the believer, through instruction and opportunities for service. Members belong on the basis of corporate fellowship, and mutual trust between one another. That trust, which is the basis for all relationships, is a core value of this organization.

Our 5 Purposes:
[LEFT]Worship – Empowering and encouraging others towards a lifestyle of worship.
Community – Building relationships (social networking, fellowship, events, etc.)
Maturity – Helping people grow in their faith and knowledge of God.
Leadership – Empowering people to serve others.
Mission – Evangelism (Sharing our faith with others) / Humanitarian Works

Our Core Values:

Faith
Family
Education
Community
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 09:29 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAG View Post
Hello City-Data family and former Brooklynites,

I am currently in NYC with hopes of landing a job soon in the Charlotte area. Anyhow, I will be residing in Cabarrus county in a community called Fullerton Place. I come down to charlotte practically every month and I am looking for a non-denomination church-home like the one I attend in Brooklyn (called Christian Cultural Center(CCC)). I was wondering if here was anyone on this forum that is fron NYC or Long Island area that have attendined CCC and have found a chuurch with the similar values and teachings in Charlotte, NC. Please let me know, because there are ar too many churches in Chrlotte to go through.

For those of you who want an idea what I am looking, here is a description of CCC (copied and pasted it from their website Home (Christian Cultural Center (CCC)))
  • ABOUT Christian Cultural Center(CCC)

Christian Cultural Center is a fellowship of individuals united by a common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Founded in 1978 by Reverend A. R. Bernard, Sr. and his wife Karen, CCC has grown from that small beginning to a current membership of over 30,000+.

CCC is composed of people from diverse cultural backgrounds, experiences and walks of life; All of whom have made a public confession of their identification with Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. All members believe the scriptures of the Old and New Testament, commonly known as the Holy Bible, to be the sole source of faith and the absolute rule of conduct for human life. They have determined to build their lives on Truth; the firmest and most stable of any foundation.

Each member subscribes to the belief that Jesus Christ is the only true Savior. He is the Lord of life, and the only way a person can have eternal life is through being united with Jesus, in Spirit, by repentance and faith. They also purpose to reach and teach others this fundamental truth.

All members understand that the purpose of the local church is to cooperate with the Holy Spirit in the development, preservation and expression of the life of God in the believer, through instruction and opportunities for service. Members belong on the basis of corporate fellowship, and mutual trust between one another. That trust, which is the basis for all relationships, is a core value of this organization.

Our 5 Purposes:
[LEFT]Worship – Empowering and encouraging others towards a lifestyle of worship.
Community – Building relationships (social networking, fellowship, events, etc.)
Maturity – Helping people grow in their faith and knowledge of God.
Leadership – Empowering people to serve others.
Mission – Evangelism (Sharing our faith with others) / Humanitarian Works

Our Core Values:

Faith
Family
Education
Community[/LEFT]

This is the Bible Belt, you'll find many churches like this, though not with such large congregations! But in the Concord area check out this one:

Harvest Community Church: About (http://harvestconcord.sefoursquare.org/T56-about - broken link)

Old 05-27-2010, 09:40 PM

46 posts, read 126,260 times
I was a member of CCC. There will never be anything like it. Lol! I have been going to New Birth and I like it.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
This is the Bible Belt, you'll find many churches like this, though not with such large congregations! But in the Concord area check out this one:

Harvest Community Church: About (http://harvestconcord.sefoursquare.org/T56-about - broken link)
I will check out HCC this summer...Thank you

Old 05-28-2010, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechellsPlace View Post
I was a member of CCC. There will never be anything like it. Lol! I have been going to New Birth and I like it.
Yeah the teachings at CCC is amazing...I will make my way to New Birth this summer...Thank you!

Old 05-28-2010, 06:24 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,041,759 times
There is also Mosaic....currently in our Tabernacle phase...but, you can watch online and visit us in our new, temporary location.

Mosaic Church

Old 05-28-2010, 02:06 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,872,540 times
To me, the church here in Charlotte that seems most like CCC is Victory Christian Center (VCC).

Old 05-28-2010, 02:23 PM

46 posts, read 126,260 times
I forgot about Victory. You may want to check out Victory too. I haven't been yet.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:08 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,213,963 times
I recommend the United House of Prayer for All People.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:12 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
I recommend the United House of Prayer for All People.

YES! Great suggestion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: