Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 08:17 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,266,813 times

Advertisements

^^LIbertyville, Lake Forest and Lincolnshire will depend on how close to I-94 you are. Rte 22, 60 and 176 get very clogged and are quite slow during rush hour. From I-94/176 to work from Libertyville would be about 30-40 minutes depending on how well the Edens moves. About 5 minutes closer from Lake Forest I-94/60 and another 5 minutes closer from Lincolnshire I-94/22. Again if you live west of rte 21, it can take you another 15-30 minutes.
Arlington Heights depends on how far south and east. I am near rte 83 and Palatine Rd and to your location would take about 25-35 minutes. Slow zones are eastbound Palatine between Rte 21 and Sanders Rd in the AM and between Wolf and Wheeling Rd. in the Pm. Willow is also slow through Glenview because of all the traffic lights and through Northfield due to NIMBY's blocking a long overdue widening of a major thoroughfare(it is 2 lanes between Sunset Ridge to just west of I-94.

Glenview districted to Glenbrook high school and Northfield are worth considering. Close commute, beautiful tree lined streets, great schools, park districts and libraries. Maybe no "New construction" but you can find homes that have been well cared for with interiors updated, mechanicals/roof replaced and tasteful landscaping. IF you want to go into Lake Co., look into Deerfield.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 11:40 AM

133 posts, read 291,977 times
I think that Glenview would be a very good fit for you. The schools are solid and you would have a very short commute. You can find homes in your price range, but they def. will not be mini mansions or new construction. The only thing to add to what CubsSoxfan said above, is that the east portion of Glenview east of Harms Rd. is serviced by New Trier High School. Northfield is a great suggestion as well, and that also is New Trier. Northbrook is another very strong possibility for you, to give more choices, but will be a little further from work.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:07 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,432,497 times
There are plenty of nice areas with good schools. I agree on Glenview, Wilmette, parts of Evanston, Northbrook (in fact just about anywhere N of Morton Grove), Park Ridge etc. Skokie can be spotty. You are right by Old Orchard Shopping center which has some nice shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs