Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 03:07 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,998,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgusting View Post
is the reasoning behind these laws to provide a better life for the low income drug dealers/gangs people of the world? Unfortunately, i don't think a better "environment" will stop their lifestyles or make them want to live a better life. it sounds like an experiment at the expense of hard working tax payers. But, then what do you do with people who only know crime to survive?
“is the reasoning behind these laws to provide a better life for the low income drug dealers/gangs people of the world? Unfortunately, i don't think a better "environment" will stop their lifestyles or make them want to live a better life. it sounds like an experiment at the expense of hard working tax payers. But, then what do you do with people who only know crime to survive?”

Over exaggeration. Drug dealing can also happen in nice areas…just more discreetly. Gangs are a problem in even middle class burbs.
Section 8 is not a total freebie. The thing is one of the groups that qualifies is single parents with children. What is supposed to happen is that the poor are supposed to be scattered but in reality for various reasons they tend to clump together.

There have been studies that show that if a child grows up in an area that isn’t poor (i.e. Sec. 8 worked and the family moved out the ghetto) they do better than if they stay in the concentration of poverty.

The hard part is breaking the concentration of poverty. In your case it appears they are clumping in your town.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:59 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times
Quote:
it just makes me insane knowing that some people are given a free ticket (lottery) to have their rent paid for free INDEFINITELY! These are not people of disability or elderly, they are healthy 30 year olds who live right next door. Who , by law, are ENTITLED to live in the same damn space with the same damn amenities that i work hard to have. it's called....getting a job! By providing this service to them, where is the motivation to get a job? I know i certainly wouldn't.

in other words, when i get my tired ass up in the morning to go to a job, where i hate the people, but stay there to pay the bills, while my neighbors are still sleeping in cuz they were up late blasting music and just partying it up, i get p*****.
Not everyone works 9 to 5 at thier job and gets Saturday and Sundays off. A doctor who works night shift at a hospital could be blasting his music after getting off work in the middle of the night. You are also well aware that not every job pays enough to afford rent, right?

Old 07-20-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
i consider myself poor.
So you're jealous of the unemployed?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:19 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,419,077 times
I don't think the Section 8'ers will be moving to Kenilworth any time soon.

Quote:
From what i understand once a person receives a section 8 voucher THEY choose where they want to live.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:11 PM

20 posts, read 63,818 times
Nope straight from the government into the acct. Done .

Old 07-20-2012, 08:26 PM

Exactly blue fox. Tappan that may be the solution scatter them in richy rich towns and then rule enforcement will be demanded and with the rich people's money Im sure they'll get it done.

I think they're not scatterd enough.

Also to clarify The rent was decided by sec 8 and that's what the sly
Lord is getting.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:32 PM

Mayhem I'm sure you won't find trash around your car over there

And guess what im a single mom too. You think I don't know some jobs don't pay enough for rent? You know how many single moms are out there working two three jobs? But if your a single mom from the ghetto you get a free ticket.

And I'm sure a dr who blasts music all night isnt disturbing anyone because HE HAS A HOUSE.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:35 PM

With all due respect to those who commented logically and not personally I appreciate it. But the more I talk about this the more aggravated I get. So I'm going to stop following the thread. Peace.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
And guess what im a single mom too. You think I don't know some jobs don't pay enough for rent? You know how many single moms are out there working two three jobs? But if your a single mom from the ghetto you get a free ticket.
So are you jealous of single moms from the ghetto? It sounds like you're saying it's better to be a single mom from the ghetto than a single mom from Glendale Heights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs