Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 04:34 PM

117 posts, read 333,321 times

Advertisements

Leave it to blacks to post it on youtube for long lasting entertainment. But fights happen among kids of all racial and economic classes. And take place just about anywhere. What about the kid in Mokena who punched a guy so hard he blinded and paralyzed him? Of course the coverage of these types of events is never equal. It seems when it's white kids it's covered as just kids misbehaving. And when it's black kids it represents the utter destruction of the entire community. Just my perspective. Mother defends man accused of throwing near-fatal punch - Chicago Sun-Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 04:45 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,075,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjake View Post
Leave it to blacks to post it on youtube for long lasting entertainment. But fights happen among kids of all racial and economic classes. And take place just about anywhere. What about the kid in Mokena who punched a guy so hard he blinded and paralyzed him? Of course the coverage of these types of events is never equal. It seems when it's white kids it's covered as just kids misbehaving. And when it's black kids it represents the utter destruction of the entire community. Just my perspective. Mother defends man accused of throwing near-fatal punch - Chicago Sun-Times
Excuse me? The street being blocked with like 15 young males egging on a fight doesn't happen anywhere - nor does it happen in every area with a substantial black population. It doesn't happen in Olympia Fields, Flossmoor OR Mokena. Hell, it praboblly wouldn't even happen in Richton Park or Park Forest. And if it did, the cops would be on the scene soon enough.

It's not so much that it's a fight. But rather the road is packed with guys egging it on. Imagine living on that street. Imagine looking out your window and wanting to walk outside to your car to go somewhere. Would you call off work just so you don't have to walk outside? Or cancel plans or just not run your errands right now? Imagine living where you live now and trying to drive down 17th Street. I guess you'll have to take a different route cuz thugs are BLOCKING THE ROAD like idiots. I bet you they wouldn't even move if you honked your horn because the street fight is more important than letting you drive down the street. I've never seen white guys do that, ever. But white guys upload stupid **** to YouTube all the time. White guys get into fights all the time. But blocking the road like a bunch of damn fools seems to be a black and Hispanic MALE thing. And yes, this behavior DOES destroy communities.

Maybe it's different elsewhere. Like maybe the southern United States. But honestly, there are some really ghetto white people in Chi Heights, South Heights, Sauk Village and Steger. And I've never seen them do it either.

Allen2323 once statetd the it's no big deal for groups of guys to walk in the middle of the road. And he accused the person complaining about it of racism. HAHAHAAHAH! Dude, one of my best friends is black and lives in Beacon Hill (in Chicago Heights) and he's made remarks about wanting to see someone just run their dumb asses over. Hoodrats poison the neighborhood and think of running them over as an antibiotic. It's usually people of any color who LIVE IN THESE NEIGHBORHOODS who are most angry about it.

Last edited by urza216; 01-01-2013 at 05:41 PM..

Old 01-01-2013, 05:11 PM

Not trying to be a bleeding hearted liberal and sugar coat black youth violence here. But white youth violence can be just as destructive and cause just as much inconvenience to a community. The coverage of white youth violence usually has this weird spin to it. Usually just blamed on there mental health or the lack of gun control of course. You don't have to look any further than what recently took place in Newtown to see that. Or the kid who dressed up like the joker and went on a shooting rampage at the movie theater in Aurora.

Again, I am not saying there aren't youth violence issues in neighborhoods like Chicago Heights.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Not trying to sugar coat black youth violence here. But white youth violence can be just as destructive and cause just as much inconvenience to a community. You don't have to look any further than what recently took place in Newtown to see that. Or the kid who dressed up like the joker and went on a shooting rampage at the movie theater in Aurora.

Again, I am not saying there aren't youth violence issues in neighborhoods like Chicago Heights.
Yeah, walking into somewhere and shooting down a bunch of random people (and usually committing suicide like Kurt Cobaine) is pretty much a white MALE thing. Although there was that Asian guy at Virginia Tech.

But this doesn't ruin neighborhoods like groups of young black and Hispanic males who hang out in the middle of the road acting violent. Like I said, white guys get into fist fights all the time - even if certain black guys like to assume white guys don't know how to fight. But 15 guys blocking the middle of the road like a bunch of idiots is another story.

The video posted only happens in certain neighborhoods though. This isn't REALLY a race thing because there are plenty of heavily black areas right here in the south suburbs where this s*** doesn't happen. And if it did, the police would be on the scene.

Last edited by urza216; 01-01-2013 at 05:31 PM.. Reason: changed formatting again

Old 01-01-2013, 05:38 PM

Yeah the youth violence in inner city and lower income suburban neighborhoods can be rough. Sure it happens. A lot of these kids are growing up with anger issues caused by growing up in dysfunctional households. But the why is never asked when it comes to youth violence among blacks.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Yeah the youth violence in inner city and lower income suburban neighborhoods can be rough. Sure it happens. A lot of these kids are growing up with anger issues caused by growing up in dysfunctional households. But the why is never asked when it comes to youth violence among blacks.
This is a good question. Did you know that the afternoon and evening of that Elementary school shooting in Connecticut, there were ten shootings in Chicago city-wide? And 4 of those shot were teens.

10 shot, including 4 teens, Friday afternoon and night - chicagotribune.com

Old 01-01-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
This is a good question. Did you know that the afternoon and evening of that Elementary school shooting in Connecticut, there were ten shootings in Chicago city-wide? And 4 of those shot were teens.

10 shot, including 4 teens, Friday afternoon and night - chicagotribune.com
I totally think it's a huge problem. And it's weird how the entire gun control debate will center around the Newtown shooting or the guy dressing up like the joker in the movie theater. Inner city neighborhoods are being destroyed by lax gun laws. Again the why is never asked when it comes to black youth violence. And certainly no real solutions are ever put forth. I just think it's always a blame blacks as a whole when it comes to black youth violence. And a logical explanation and solution is never allowed to take place until it becomes an issue outside of poor black youths killing themselves with readily available guns.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:56 PM

36 posts, read 64,194 times
I agree with how this fighting in the middle of the street can make an area look dangerous. For instance, if one goes on YouTube and types in the name of a majority African American area (Englewood, Harvey, Dolton,etc.) before you click off of the search bar you'll see "fights" after the area's name. Ex: "Calumet City fights" . Quite sad that people actually record this crap.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:59 PM

8,292 posts, read 23,127,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban-Mess View Post
I agree with how this fighting in the middle of the street can make an area look dangerous. For instance, if one goes on YouTube and types in the name of a majority African American area (Englewood, Harvey, Dolton,etc.) before you click off of the search bar you'll see "fights" after the area's name. Ex: "Calumet City fights" . Quite sad that people actually record this crap.
As James T Harris said: "It's the culture stupid". I am willing to bet that most of the people in that video don't even think their behavior is a big deal and they don't see anything wrong with it. I am a big fan of city living whether it's Chicago or Milwaukee or any big city but as I grow older I can now see why people move to the suburbs.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
As James T Harris said: "It's the culture stupid". I am willing to bet that most of the people in that video don't even think their behavior is a big deal and they don't see anything wrong with it. I am a big fan of city living whether it's Chicago or Milwaukee or any big city but as I grow older I can now see why people move to the suburbs.
It's Chicago Heights and I am willing to bet most or all of the people in that video were suburban bred.

The east side of Chicago Heights is a very unpopular destination for black flight out of the south side. People flee the south side because they're looking for an actual improvement in thier quality of life.

Last edited by urza216; 01-01-2013 at 07:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs