Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 09:09 PM

11 posts, read 25,098 times

Advertisements

hbury subdivision

Ok, so I think we are leaning towards the ashbury subdivision. I know it has a nice pool, clubhouse, sidewalks and great schools too. What I am wondering about are things people will not tell me face to face. Is it a welcoming neighborhood? I have a third and first grader, both very outgoing, and I hope I am moving them somewhere they can quickly make friends. I have read it is a clicky neighborhood but am not sure with more than 1000 houses how it can be. Also even with so many residents going to the same school was wondering if you felt like you live in a bubble? Just getting ready to spend 500k on a house and I guess looking for more of an inside scoop. Anyone? Please?

orry...prior post did not note ashbury in Naperville. ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 11:49 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,101,240 times
I grew up around that area. I had always wished I lived in Ashbury, they do have a very nice pool and it was kinda the hangout for middle school and high school kids. It's also pretty good location for having kids. Walkable to Neuqua as well as the YMCA, burger king, big apple bagel, etc so kids can walk places, hangout, etc. It always seemed like everyone lived in ashbury when I was younger, probably because it is such a big neighborhood.

As far as clicks you may have a small click of snobby housewives who all hangout at the pool but its not as if the whole neighborhood is clicky and your in or your out. I would say that's a non issue.

When I buy a house I wanna know all the bad stuff upfront. I dont really have anything bad to say but I'll do my best to throw out any negatives. Pretty much the only thing I can think of is that its really far from expressways but that's nothing about that neighborhood thats an issue for that hwole area of naperville.

only other thing i may say is price seems really high. i could see if it was white eagle or tamarack but ashbury that seems high for. i own a house nearby a few years back was worth 550k maybe 600k. one of my neighbors recently sold for 329k. that was really low and a lot of neighbors were mad its destroying our comps. another really nice house with new windows, 3 car garage, totally pimped out backyard entirely done with uniilock bricks and landscaped, super nice patio went for like 420k so the money your talking for ashbury seems very high unless your the biggest nicest most updated house in the neighborhood

Old 01-07-2014, 09:51 AM

Anyone else?

Old 01-07-2014, 01:36 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,101,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy5130 View Post
Anyone else?
I'm surprised more people havn't posted on this thread. I know there's quite a few people on this forum from south Naperville or even the part of plainfield bordering Naperville who could probably comment on ashbury. I'm surprised Chet hasn't commented either, he normally have very good insights on particular neighborhoods in Naperville

Old 01-07-2014, 01:48 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,251,349 times
I have only looked at a few houses in the hood about 4 years ago, not great insight here.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:07 PM

Thanks doodlemagic for your reply and help in maybe getting some more neighborhoods!

Old 01-07-2014, 07:08 PM

Oops...long day...I meant help in getting some more opinions

Old 01-15-2014, 10:02 PM

Bump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs