Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 01:04 PM

74 posts, read 167,623 times

Advertisements

I have lived on the SW side my entire life too. Orland Park is about 95% white and upper middle class - a far stretch from Bridgeview, Burbank or Oak Lawn.

Now back to the Savage Nation you go....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 10:38 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,508,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huberman View Post
I'm laughing all the way to the western suburbs my friend. You can have your SW burbs. Hope you enjoy Sharia law & daily muggings.

I am the poster child for white flight, and proud of it.
Now to this I HAAAAAADDD to say something. Daily muggings? Where? Think about it... Everyone pretty much commutes by car in the SW burbs (Orland Park, Tinley Park, Frankfort, Mokena) so how exactly do you mug folks out walking when pretty much everyone is getting place to place by car? This isn't the Loop or Midtown Manhattan where there are sidewalks full of people to go up to and mug.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:58 PM

43 posts, read 250,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
Now to this I HAAAAAADDD to say something. Daily muggings? Where? Think about it... Everyone pretty much commutes by car in the SW burbs (Orland Park, Tinley Park, Frankfort, Mokena) so how exactly do you mug folks out walking when pretty much everyone is getting place to place by car? This isn't the Loop or Midtown Manhattan where there are sidewalks full of people to go up to and mug.
Trio charged in robberies - On The Lawn

Pair charged in bus stop mugging - On The Lawn

Not a mugging, but look what's coming to the SW burbs. Shootings! Man shot outside Oak Lawn bowling alley :: The SouthtownStar :: News (http://www.southtownstar.com/news/2555910,080210bowlingalley.article - broken link)

Old 08-03-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Trio charged in robberies - On The Lawn

Pair charged in bus stop mugging - On The Lawn

Not a mugging, but look what's coming to the SW burbs. Shootings! Man shot outside Oak Lawn bowling alley :: The SouthtownStar :: News (http://www.southtownstar.com/news/2555910,080210bowlingalley.article - broken link)
I'm sure if I wanted to waste 30 minutes of my life I could find plenty of crime that is occuring or has occured in western burbs like Aurora, Elgin, Maywood, Bellwood, Des Plaines (Home of the "Killer Clown"), Carpentersville, Bolingbrook, etc. but why bother??? Crime is random and happens all over. The western burbs are no safer than outer SW burbs and Oak Lawn FYI is hardly a outer southwestern burb. OL is an "inner ring" burb only some 2 miles from Chicago city limits. That's a little different than let's say Palos Heights or Lemont or Orland Park which is what this thread WAS about.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:45 AM

43 posts, read 250,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
I'm sure if I wanted to waste 30 minutes of my life I could find plenty of crime that is occuring or has occured in western burbs like Aurora, Elgin, Maywood, Bellwood, Des Plaines (Home of the "Killer Clown"), Carpentersville, Bolingbrook, etc. but why bother??? Crime is random and happens all over. The western burbs are no safer than outer SW burbs and Oak Lawn FYI is hardly a outer southwestern burb. OL is an "inner ring" burb only some 2 miles from Chicago city limits. That's a little different than let's say Palos Heights or Lemont or Orland Park which is what this thread WAS about.

Do you even live in Chicagoland? 'NYrules'? Hahaha. Whadrya tawkin' about? Fuggedaboutit.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Do you even live in Chicagoland? 'NYrules'? Hahaha. Whadrya tawkin' about? Fuggedaboutit.
Um ya. Grew up in Orland Park, left, 4 times and have once again landed back in my old backyard so to say. Now live only a couple miles from where I went to H.S. And no, I don't tawlk like I'm from Joyzee Showr unless I want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs