Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:37 AM

223 posts, read 662,452 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm curious which Naperville subdivisions are the nicest -- in terms of one or more of the following: 1) beautiful homes, 2) amenities, 3) natural beauty and/or pretty setting. (Please note that I already searched existing threads and didn't find exactly what I was looking for.) I don't have a price range in mind right now; rather, I'm trying to get a sense of the best and prettiest of what Naperville has to offer.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 08:41 AM

223 posts, read 757,658 times
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What "prettiest" mean to you? Does it mean charming, smaller older construction houses or is it a cul-de-sac and a McMansion? and so on...

Old 04-13-2010, 08:47 AM

28,455 posts, read 85,370,617 times
Pretty is highly subjective. Some folks find the homes in the historic area near North Central quite attractive, but it is not a subdivision and some blocks have an odd mix of homes that are newer or less cared for right next to some gems with a Victorian flair.

The area just south of there tends to be most "woodsy", and even the section due west where are there are some homes of recent vintage has many mature trees.

The areas close to the parks tend not to have pools or other things that would be redundant, as you go north or south those things become more of a plus.

With over 100,000 folks there are probably nearly 30,000 residences so it is kind of silly to say any one subdivision of maybe several hundred houses is "nicest"...

Old 04-13-2010, 12:35 PM

Hi - thanks -- yes, I prefer large, older colonial homes with tree-lined streets or some modicum of traditional architecture, and I'm familiar with the area near North Central. I'm totally fine with newer houses that are well-built; we'd prefer a bigger lot and any subdivision near a pretty park or pedestrian path would be great. At this point, I'd truly love to know which suburbs one might even deem "high end" or "luxurious" (realizing, all the while, that this is relative to each person's tastes)-- but the point of this exercise for me is to look at the upper end of what Naperville subdivisions offer so that I can understand what's out there, hone in on some subdivisions that might interest me, and then drive around to have a look for myself. I guess I'm less worried that I'll personally find things pretty since it's all so individual and more interested, instead, in what others consider to be the prettiest subdivisions and where the nicest custom homes seem to be located. Thanks!

Old 04-13-2010, 12:38 PM

I should add that I've seen the Woods of Bailey Hobson and think they're quite nice, and online I've seen snippets of Cress Creek, Saybrook, and Ashbury (?) I believe. I'd welcome any tidbits on any of these -- or any others that might seem similar. Not so concerned about location within Naperville -- or Aurora, for that matter -- but from what I've read would like to focus on districts 203 or 204. Thanks.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:38 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
My personal fave is Jefferson St. from Lou Malnatis all the way west to Ogden. Its shaded by majestic oaks, and has a dizzying array of home architecture (old and new), and that entire section is easily walkable to downtown's attractions, and there's lots of em!

Old 04-13-2010, 07:08 PM

Great - thanks!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:23 PM

342 posts, read 1,232,652 times
longwood.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:38 PM

37 posts, read 143,057 times
Default Subdivisions

If price isn't an issue those neighborhoods off of Royce Rd are pretty nice, giant houses, woods and privacy from neighbors.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:05 PM

Thank you for all of the suggestions so far... you're mentioning areas I wasn't aware of, so I'm finding this very helpful.

On a related note -- are there any parts of Naperville where you would ever be really far from basic shopping, supermarkets, etc.? I'm intrigued by some of the suburbs that might be near the Forest Preserve or parks, but I'm curious if you'd then be 20 minutes from any sort of grocery store?? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs