Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 08:50 AM

291 posts, read 277,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
So OP was new to the Dallas area less than a month ago and now is a new Illinois resident? Also not sure how OP will be able to afford a home in the $1MM range with a family income around $125k unless they received a huge family inheritance. Original post seemed odd and sounds like trolling/alternate reality to me when quickly reviewing past posts. I don't know understand why some bother to waste everyone else's time.
also one month before that the OP was asking questions on the MPLS forum about Edina, coming from Milwaukee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 09:12 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,249,331 times
Good catch, My kind of town. He does seems to be trolling, or multiple different persons are posting under that login. [see his below post asking about rents]

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the info! I was in Minneapolis 2 weeks ago and was in the Minnetonka area. to stop over at Ridgedale Mall. Very nice area. Minnetonka felt as upscale too. The mall was almost like Northbrook Court in the Northern Chicago Suburbs of Northbrook and Glenview, an area I live close too currently.

I am searching for a 1 bedroom apartment with my girlfriend. How much does rent in either suburb range from if Water and Gas are included?

Old 05-03-2016, 10:03 AM

101 posts, read 142,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
Good catch, My kind of town. He does seems to be trolling, or multiple different persons are posting under that login. [see his below post asking about rents]
You caught me. Most of the questions that are similar are not due to trolling but due to curiosity from a Cultural Anthropology standpoint. That was one of my studies in college. I could start by saying food for thought or hypothetical but I dont think I would get as much input if I set up a situation.

Based on the responses, it looks like the areas similar are more on the north shore of Chicago. Growing up near south Minneapolis and now living near Chicago. I can see the similarities.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:19 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,249,331 times
Bye bye, troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanton1433 View Post
You caught me. Most of the questions that are similar are not due to trolling but due to curiosity from a Cultural Anthropology standpoint. That was one of my studies in college. I could start by saying food for thought or hypothetical but I dont think I would get as much input if I set up a situation.

Based on the responses, it looks like the areas similar are more on the north shore of Chicago. Growing up near south Minneapolis and now living near Chicago. I can see the similarities.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:37 AM

3,495 posts, read 2,185,003 times
Quote:

But what's the point? It's just a waste of time really. Unless you can afford to live in the North Shore why does it matter if it's similar to Edina if it's unattainable? If you are just seeking information for general knowledge please don't lay out a set of lies or pretend to be something you're not. It's pointless and you will receive better feedback by being forthright from the onset.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:40 PM

1,349 posts, read 1,706,972 times
Weird. I wasted time trying to help you in the MN forum. Hope you don't really ever need anyone's advice on here with your disingenuous posts.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:23 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,346,203 times
Default Sort of creepy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr roboto View Post
Weird. I wasted time trying to help you in the MN forum. Hope you don't really ever need anyone's advice on here with your disingenuous posts.
I like to help folks out and if the OP would have just asked about the similarities and such that would be one thing, but why say they've just moved here from Minnesota?? Feels yucky to be scammed...

Old 05-03-2016, 07:55 PM

1,349 posts, read 1,706,972 times
Yeah I guess no one knows if anyone is genuine here necessarily, but... Many still contribute thinking we are helping others.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:44 PM

103 posts, read 150,079 times
Yep, weird. You could easily have asked that question without making up the lie. People readily answer questions like that on these forums.

Old 05-12-2016, 02:40 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,544,755 times
Quote:
Hi all,

New Illinois resident here. I just moved from the Minneapolis area and looking for an area similar to Edina, MN, town I use to live. Edina is a inner ring suburb of Minneapolis. The suburb has older homes and newer. Home prices range from 500,000 to 7 million. The area has 2 country clubs and it is known is nationally recognized hockey program in their high school.

Does anyone who is familiar with Edina know of a suburb similar. Much help appreciated.
I am very familiar with Edina and the Twin Cities. Edina is very similar to the North Shore region and some western suburbs like Oak Park/River Forest, La Grange, Western Springs, Elmhurst, Hinsdale, Clarendon Hills, Oak Brook, and Glen Ellyn. Edina is closer to Minneapolis' city center than most Chicago suburbs. I think that Evanston, Wilmette, and Oak Park and River Forest are likely to offer what you are looking for. They are inner ring enough for you to enjoy almost everything the city offers, including elite private schools similar to The Blake School.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs