Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 03:40 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,901,622 times

Advertisements

Judging from what I've heard, not just on this thread, there is such a demand they could be traded on CBOT. Except doing so is illegal, punishable by revocation of permit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,752 times
Default Route 59 parking permit

Does anybody want to sell route 59 metra parking permit. Please let me know.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,715 times
Default Rt. 59 Metra North Lot Pass Available

My current job assignment has me working elsewhere and I'm no longer in need of using my quarterly Rt. 59 North Lot pass.

Willing to loan out at fee of $80/month but must pay up front for entire quarter of Feb-Apr 2013 and possibly on-going thereafter.

Willing to deliver in Aurora/Naperville area and get to you mid-month so you'll even get some free parking in January.

Email me at [email]justbecauseineedit@gmail.com[/email] if interested.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,655 times
Default Route 59 parking permit

Hi all, Anyone willing to sell the route 59 north side parking permit with reasonable price please let me know.

Thanks,
Yash

Old 02-28-2013, 12:58 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,354,654 times
According the to Naperville web page (which is generally accurate and frequently updated) there are permits available from the city - City of Naperville || Commuter Station Parking

I do not believe permits are transferable and I would caution that anyone trying to contact you may be a scamster...

Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 AM

7 posts, read 14,498 times
A simpler option: just ride your bike to the station. If you are within 5 miles, you'll be able to do it in 20-25 minutes. You can either buy $100 junker to just leave locked-up at the station while you are at work, or invest in a decent folder and take on the train.

Based on the numbers people have thrown out on this thread, you'd save around $1000 a year just on the parking permit, not to mention any gym membership you would cancel. My GF and I downsized to a one-car couple and we save around $7000 annually. Maybe that's chump change for a lot of people, but that extra cash will really help max out my Roth IRA every year. I realize not everyone is suited to bike commuting, but it's a very realistic option for those who are brave enough to tackle suburban road planning and mother nature.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:27 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,987,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheherezade View Post
A simpler option: just ride your bike to the station. If you are within 5 miles, you'll be able to do it in 20-25 minutes. You can either buy $100 junker to just leave locked-up at the station while you are at work, or invest in a decent folder and take on the train.

Based on the numbers people have thrown out on this thread, you'd save around $1000 a year just on the parking permit, not to mention any gym membership you would cancel. My GF and I downsized to a one-car couple and we save around $7000 annually. Maybe that's chump change for a lot of people, but that extra cash will really help max out my Roth IRA every year. I realize not everyone is suited to bike commuting, but it's a very realistic option for those who are brave enough to tackle suburban road planning and mother nature.
I think it is a little ironic that you posted this today, a day when they are forecasting 10 inches of snow. There is no way I'd be riding a bike anywhere today; you would be taking your life in your hands to do so.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:35 PM

7 posts, read 14,498 times
How many days a year does it snow 10"? I just moved to the area, but the roads were much better the day after the storm last week than they were a week later in Minneapolis. Cars and bikes both perform poorly plowing through 10" of snow. I ride studded tires December-March for ice.

If I was really worried about it, I could:

Arrange a cab
Use a carshare
Get a ride from the honey
Use PTO
Have the day off anyway (I work at a school)

Old 03-22-2013, 09:20 PM

16 posts, read 35,980 times
I'm not from Naperville, I'm from the city but it's one of our options when we move. I don't understand what the issue is about permit parking at the south side of the tracks at Rt. 59 v. permit parking at the north side of the tracks at Rt. 59. The city's website says there is available permit parking on the north side. Is this bad or something? Why aren't more people parking on that side?

Old 03-23-2013, 06:21 AM

28,455 posts, read 85,354,654 times
I don't think there is much of an "issue". The fact is that lots of people are not all that bright / inquisitive. They see one lot that is full and assume every lot is filled. There are almost certainly far more people that approach the lots at Rt 59 from the south than from the north and the north lots are shielded from direct view becuase of the way the underpass is configured.

In a technical sense if one is running late it is little easier to dash to the train from the parking lot if you are in the south lot (as the inbound trains use the southern track) but merely adjusting ones schedule to get to the station with at least five minutes to spare does not strike me as any great burden...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs