Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 04:47 PM

1,083 posts, read 3,725,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Ooooooh, youre gonna **** off all the "downstaters" with that comment! LOLOLOL

*grabs a cool Leinenkugels Honey Weiss, pulls up a chair and waits for WWIII to begin*

Well, I not trying to upset anyone. I was just under the impression, that this was, I don't know, a "Chicago Suburbs" forum. If Peoria is indeed a Chicago suburb, I humbly apologize to any I have offended. I can only plead that in my ignorance I did not consider Peoria to be part of the greater Chicagoland area.

*Pours a glass of Chardonny and some spiced pecans.

Last edited by Anthera; 06-26-2008 at 04:59 PM..

Old 06-26-2008, 04:49 PM

1,083 posts, read 3,725,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUalumni View Post
I don't recall anyone ever saying that Peoria was a suburb?

Then why ae you comparing it to Naperville? I could very well be wrong, but is Peoria commutable to Chicago? If not, whats the point?

Old 06-26-2008, 05:01 PM

264 posts, read 2,144,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nysee53 View Post
The OP in a PM said that based on his experience in Naperville, the weather was tropical. Obviously not from the area!
The weather has been tropical here for the last two months. In a PM you told me you were from the north shore, why are you posting on a Naperville History thread that was intended to help out people interested in relocating to Naperville and based on your PM's you don't sound like you're interested in relocating because you stated that you don't want me to move by you.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:23 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
The weather has been tropical here for the last two months. In a PM you told me you were from the north shore, why are you posting on a Naperville History thread that was intended to help out people interested in relocating to Naperville and based on your PM's you don't sound like you're interested in relocating because you stated that you don't want me to move by you.
You havent been to the tropics, its apparent. I dont consider the last 2 month's 70 degree highs, low humidities at times, and 50 degree nights to be "tropical". Sure a day here and there might be kinda tropical in feel (like today), but Naperville is definitely NOT tropical.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
You havent been to the tropics, its apparent. I dont consider the last 2 month's 70 degree highs, low humidities at times, and 50 degree nights to be "tropical". Sure a day here and there might be kinda tropical in feel (like today), but Naperville is definitely NOT tropical.
Oh come on Steve-o, there are palm trees off of 59 :P

(There are real palm trees where I work in Downers Grove)

Old 06-26-2008, 06:48 PM

945 posts, read 1,988,330 times
Quote:
There are many people I believe that are in envy of Naperville as many people throughout the Chicago area are in envy of the North Shore. I don't know if the towns around Peoria can compete with Naperville though. The only thing about Naperville is that it tends to be very cookie-cutter when you get out of the downtown. Naperville is just a nice community with good schools. It has a tremendous government body, because many communities like Skokie, Evanston, and Oak Park can barely handle themselves due to population, and they are much smaller than Naperville.
Hum, I hesitate but will anyway. I can say, without a doubt, that no one in Wheaton, Glen ellyn, Hinsdale, Downers Grove, Claridon Hills, La Grange, LaGrange Park, have ANY "envy" over Naperville. We might, however, envy the North Shore. I admit if we could have afforded it, years ago when settling in Wheaton, we would have loved to have lived in Lake Forest. Still can't, at least not where houses are concerned. Sorry if I forgot any other affluant suburbs in the "not envied, not jeoulous list". And oh, just one more thing~ those SUV's by the 500,000 are probably from these listed towns, clogging up the roads with their visits to Naperville to participate in all of the wonderful shopping it has to offer!

Old 06-26-2008, 07:36 PM

409 posts, read 1,518,245 times
Dariusz who said all people here are interested in relocating? I am not at all interested in relocating at this point. Most people on this forum are not relocating. How were you helping people relocate to Naperville when all you did was insult it. By the way FMV of course those communities are not in envy, I am talking about other less fortunate ones.

Last edited by Nysee53; 06-26-2008 at 08:18 PM..

Old 06-26-2008, 08:12 PM

945 posts, read 1,988,330 times
Quote:
Dariusz who said people here are interested in relocating. I am not at all interested in relocating at this point. Most people on this forum are not relocating. How were you helping people relocate to Naperville when all you did was insult it. By the way FMV of course those communities are not in envy, I am talking about other less fortunate ones.
OK, sorry, thanks for clarifying that.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Dariusz who said all people here are interested in relocating? I am not at all interested in relocating at this point. Most people on this forum are not relocating. How were you helping people relocate to Naperville when all you did was insult it. By the way FMV of course those communities are not in envy, I am talking about other less fortunate ones.
There is a lot of valid information in my post and I did not insult it, my post is facts.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:14 PM

409 posts, read 1,518,245 times
You posts about Naperville being snooty are fact? That is an opinion, you can't say that that is fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs