Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2007, 06:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,634 times

Advertisements

HI>>>we've been narrowing down areas to purchase a home in a good school district. Naperville was our first choice but housing prices are a little steep! ...Plainfield seems to be a descent area with good schools. someone please tell me what areas are compatable with plainfield/naperville that wood be good for me and my family....thanks ...Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 09:04 PM

6 posts, read 6,803 times
Default ok,

Well where are you moving from, because everything is steep in chicagoland. Gas is highest is the nation,groceries are going up, traffic is a nightmare,people are rude beyond belief, the healthcare is non-existant. Taxes OMG. I would say the further from the city the cheaper,but im far northwest and still paying out the ass. So unless you like living in the ghetto dont move here its not cheap and the schools suck if you cant afford to live in a multi million dollar area. But there is work so hey, I guess if you move here you will appreciate what you used to have. Sorry to be so negative,but its true I have met many people here who are packing up and leaving chicago cause its too expensive.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:13 AM

17 posts, read 88,763 times
Yes, everything is steep around here at the moment. The further west of the city you go the cheaper it gets. I believe Wheaton has a good school system but pretty expensive for housing. St. Charles and Geneva have good schools as well - you can find houses within those district lines for a fairly reasonable amount but the taxes are a lot. I've heard Oswego is a good area to live - it's not as developed as some areas so you can get more for your money.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:41 PM

3 posts, read 8,577 times
Default Born & Raised Naperville

I attended Naperville North HS, grew up in Naperville. The schools are the best. You can move to Lisle, with Naperville Schools and some parts of Plainfield.
I am currently bidding on a home in Plainfield. What is your price range? Plainfield right now is very popular...some say it is the upcoming Naperville...
We have looked at Oswego and the schools are not as great as Nap. & Plainfield, plus the interstate is ways away if you commute.
You will not go wrong with either Naperville or Plainfield...you may have to pay for higher taxes but it's worth the living....dont even consider Aurora.

Great neighborhoods in Plainfield
Kensington Club
The Enclave
Heritage Meadows
The Ponds
Bronk Estates

Old 06-18-2007, 07:16 PM

102 posts, read 163,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karapro78 View Post
I attended Naperville North HS, grew up in Naperville. The schools are the best. You can move to Lisle, with Naperville Schools and some parts of Plainfield.
I am currently bidding on a home in Plainfield. What is your price range? Plainfield right now is very popular...some say it is the upcoming Naperville...
We have looked at Oswego and the schools are not as great as Nap. & Plainfield, plus the interstate is ways away if you commute.
You will not go wrong with either Naperville or Plainfield...you may have to pay for higher taxes but it's worth the living....dont even consider Aurora.

Great neighborhoods in Plainfield
Kensington Club
The Enclave
Heritage Meadows
The Ponds
Bronk Estates

Why do people from Naperville think all of Aurora is BAD? . Not all parts of Aurora are bad. The far east side called the Fox Valley Villages is the part of Aurora that feeds into Indian Prarie School District 204. This area is good and you can find affordable housing with Naperville Schools

Old 06-21-2007, 12:03 PM

60 posts, read 347,933 times
Thumbs up BY FAR... Check out Tinley Park or Orland Park

Orland and Tinley Park both have excellent schools, shopping, entertainment, housing, access to the city via freeway (I-55 or I-57) or rail (Metra), yet there is affordable housing and low taxes.

Some of the best schools are located in this area out of the entire state in fact! Orland Park would put you in Carl Sandburg High School's district; one of the best schools in the state with excellence in everything from academics to athletics... OR, Victor J. Andrew High school's district is also an excellent choice meaning you would have to consider living in Tinley Park west of 84th Avenue and south of 161st Street.

Check out this link and you can see for yourself. District 230 or Carl Sandburg lastly Village of Orland Park

Good luck!

Last edited by preppyboyofIL; 06-21-2007 at 12:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs