Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 12:55 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,933,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Should I forward this to a moderator?
Well you can certainly try to.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:04 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Well you can certainly try to.
No, I won't. He's entitled to his opinion. I was just trying to explain that his opinion doesn't really matter at end of the day.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
No, I won't. He's entitled to his opinion. I was just trying to explain that his opinion doesn't really matter at end of the day.
Of course he's entitled to his own opinion, but it's still against the TOS. Every thread is being hijacked by this guy. Someone asked about moving from Seattle and instead of giving any sort of advice, he went on with bigoted drivel.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:23 PM

140 posts, read 183,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Of course he's entitled to his own opinion, but it's still against the TOS. Every thread is being hijacked by this guy. Someone asked about moving from Seattle and instead of giving any sort of advice, he went on with bigoted drivel.
Aren't you the same person who turned the thread about gays in Boystown into a "post the most off-topic silly picture contest"? If anyone here violated the TOS it's you with your off topic posting. As I said before, if you want to hijack and make a thread pointless, go to your south side thread you started.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanFox View Post
Aren't you the same person who turned the thread about gays in Boystown into a "post the most off-topic silly picture contest"? If anyone here violated the TOS it's you with your off topic posting. As I said before, if you want to hijack and make a thread pointless, go to your south side thread you started.
I thought this thread was about the dating scene for single black women. Huh

Old 01-21-2013, 01:47 PM

896 posts, read 1,400,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carson View Post
Black women in Chicago are not the best looking in the country (like say in Atlanta....and its true). You will see when you get here. I think all of the nice looking ones fled to hotter climates or something. Its a subject thats been discussed for years, for most guys from out of town thats usually there number one complaint. The black women in Chicago are all out of shape and fat, and all they care about is clothes and getting their hair done while everything else is shabby. In their minds they are "thick" but in reality they are obese. But the worse thing which is incredible to me is the fact that all of the black women here no matter how unattractive they are have the nerve to act "stuck up" as if they are "all of that", and they have screwed up nasty attitudes. Phenomenal. In Chicago the beauty scale is is taken down a few notches. A Chicago "10" is an LA "6" and a New York "6"!! I know this sounds shallow and piggish

No not really. I am AA female and agree with this to a certain point. I feel "thick" my size but the average AA would say your fine. Ironic you say this as I am in the planning stages of moving to California as I actually care about my look and want to connect with more likeminded people. I am trying to live a healthier lifestyle and not let myself completely go.

Dating is hard for a black woman in Chicago. Sometimes they have to lower their standard and it does not work.

But I would suggest going to the Gold Coast, East Lakeview and other areas of the northside if you want to get away from that typical all I care about is having my hair done type. I care about having nice hair but if I feel out of shape nothing else matters to me.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:35 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,220,909 times
Quote:
Black women in Chicago are not the best looking in the country (like say in Atlanta....and its true). You will see when you get here. I think all of the nice looking ones fled to hotter climates or something. Its a subject thats been discussed for years, for most guys from out of town thats usually there number one complaint. The black women in Chicago are all out of shape and fat, and all they care about is clothes and getting their hair done while everything else is shabby. In their minds they are "thick" but in reality they are obese. But the worse thing which is incredible to me is the fact that all of the black women here no matter how unattractive they are have the nerve to act "stuck up" as if they are "all of that", and they have screwed up nasty attitudes. Phenomenal. In Chicago the beauty scale is is taken down a few notches. A Chicago "10" is an LA "6" and a New York "6"!! I know this sounds shallow and piggish

I live in Atlanta and trust me, the black women down here are fat. Make no mistake. The hot black women in Atlanta usually aren't from here. They are from other places (usually Chicago, Philly, CA, DC, NYC, the Carolinas) and came here for jobs or to go to college.

I can't tell you how many times fat native Atlanta women have harassed me in the workplace for being thin lol.

Quote:
The black women in Chicago are all out of shape and fat, and all they care about is clothes and getting their hair done while everything else is shabby. In their minds they are "thick" but in reality they are obese. But the worse thing which is incredible to me is the fact that all of the black women here no matter how unattractive they are have the nerve to act "stuck up" as if they are "all of that", and they have screwed up nasty attitudes.
I see a lot of this among Atlanta woman too. This isn't just overweight Chicago black women, or just overweight black women. This is overweight women period. There is a movement among the obese of all hues to gain acceptance as being the norm and attractive. Where I work, there are just as many obese white women as there are obese black women. At our last all-staff meeting, I actually counted. It was pretty much evenly split lol.

Last edited by Atlanta_BD; 01-21-2013 at 02:45 PM..

Old 01-21-2013, 02:38 PM

778 posts, read 998,905 times
Quote:

Michelle Obama?

Old 01-21-2013, 02:40 PM

928 posts, read 1,714,130 times
I thought all women in the South were fat. I spent a week in Birmingham, and every woman under the age of 25 was in dire need of a gym membership. My sister and I brought some carrots and dip to a BBQ (of course, before anybody says anything, along with meat and deep fried bullsh*t so that everyone would be happy), and someone in complete earnest asked us "What them carrots for?" For eating. Carrots are food, you know?

But to be fair, if I lived someplace with a jillion percent humidity all the time, there'd be no way in heck you'd see me riding a bicycle anywhere the way I do now. Plus ribs and cornbread are good. Let's not lie to ourselves. But still... Jesus.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorielicious View Post
I thought all women in the South were fat. I spent a week in Birmingham, and every woman under the age of 25 was in dire need of a gym membership. My sister and I brought some carrots and dip to a BBQ (of course, before anybody says anything, along with meat and deep fried bullsh*t so that everyone would be happy), and someone in complete earnest asked us "What them carrots for?" For eating. Carrots are food, you know?

But to be fair, if I lived someplace with a jillion percent humidity all the time, there'd be no way in heck you'd see me riding a bicycle anywhere the way I do now. Plus ribs and cornbread are good. Let's not lie to ourselves. But still... Jesus.
but if you DID, you'd probably have to ride your bike less than in Chicago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago