Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 03:55 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,254,914 times

Advertisements

A lot of the guns and drugs in the southwest are earmarked for Chicago gangs. If IL treated its roads like New Mexico does, it would take out some large shipments.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:43 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,678,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
I think what people are saying is, why not try regulation and see if that helps?

It certainly is going to be a lot harder to get a gun from Afghanistan than it is from in our own country.
As a law-abiding citizen, who has investigated getting a gun for my personal use, I can tell you there is plenty of regulation and hoops and red tape to get through.

As I said before, you want to make a new gun law? All it's going to do is make it harder for a guy like me to get a gun. Not the criminals though, it's like wack-a-mole, you shut one avenue down, another opens up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Why is it that the people that talk about how drug bans and the drug war have failed....suggest that more laws on guns is going to fix things?
Legalize drugs and tax them.

Prohibition put the mob in power. The likes of Al Capone had the city and cops in their pocket.
Drug trade keeps the gangsters in power.

Ending prohibition took the mobs power (supply of money) away. Let's take away the money from the gangbangers.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:40 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,876,938 times
Ok, so who has some legitimate studies showing where Chicago's guns used in crimes originate? It's really the critical piece of info you need to tackle the problem.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:03 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,063,305 times
Indy_317,

I suggest you walk the talk, man. Clearly you are posting from either a smart phone or a computer. Get rid of it instead of partaking in instant gratification and contributing to America's consumerist cesspool.

How much did you pay for your computer and/or cell phone? Or maybe a better question would be: What is the PRICE TAG of all the components that make up "your computer" and/or the price tag of your smart phone without contract? A decent computer with a decent monitor and printer and a mouse and keyboard is most likely gonna cost more than chrome rims.

Or do you actually have no problem with these things? Is it just that you get mad when you see poor Amercans owning this property too?

Last edited by urza216; 08-11-2012 at 03:19 PM..

Old 08-12-2012, 12:50 AM

Who's naive enough to believe the police will be there to protect you always??

How to stop a massacre (PG-13 edition with improved sound effects) - YouTube

Old 08-12-2012, 10:42 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,686,373 times
so how did chicago go down hill?

Old 08-12-2012, 03:38 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
Forget Illinois.

How do we enforce #1 so some gangbanger's distant cousin down south can't just buy a trunk full of guns and tale no responsibility for their aftermath?

I think the Confederate sympathizers may actually be right, and the Civil War isn't over - their new tactic is very Sun-Tzu, the old Confederate states simply flood the northern cities with guns and then just let the poverty and joblessness do the rest.
Exactly.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:49 PM

So the whole joblessness, poverty and drug trade in the inner cities is an elaborately orchestrated conspiracy by the south?

Old 08-12-2012, 06:27 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,876,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparz View Post
So the whole joblessness, poverty and drug trade in the inner cities is an elaborately orchestrated conspiracy by the south?
Slavery was orchestrated by the South. The only population still mired in horrific, inexplicable poverty after 50-plus years in Chicago are the African American populations which migrated here to escape Jim Crow (which was a legalized conspiracy to keep them disenfranchised at every level).

I don't think that it's a coincidence that there is a gun pipeline from the Old South to Chicago's ex-southern African Americans. I think it is tolerated under some nonsense bs disguised as 2nd amendment freedom.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:55 PM

Ahh, if only if it was that simple.

I'm quite certain the whole southern half of the country could fall off tomorrow and the large cities will still have their problems with poverty, education, jobs, and a whole host of other things.
There's many different things that need fixing, and to try to say it's a conspiracy from the south -- Well, I find that simplistic and amusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago