Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 08:43 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,413,242 times

Advertisements

Man killed, another person injured in shooting on I-94 - chicagotribune.com

Are gang bangers now shooting "car to car" ? Seems like the potential for collateral damage will increase dramatically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 09:26 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Man killed, another person injured in shooting on I-94 - chicagotribune.com

Are gang bangers now shooting "car to car" ? Seems like the potential for collateral damage will increase dramatically.
That is scary.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:28 AM

527 posts, read 600,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Are gang bangers now shooting "car to car" ?
If by "now" you mean "for as long as there have been gang bangers and cars," then yes.

I hope that eagerly pouncing on every negative thing that happens in the city is helping you push your real estate in New Lenox or wherever, though. It would be a shame if you were doing all of this for nothing.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:42 AM

955 posts, read 1,833,659 times
This isn't anything new, bangers have shot at each other from cars frequently. They stalk and ambush each other car to car. I've witnessed chases like this, though seldom was I ever present for the outcome.

Maybe the fact that it happened on the expressway was a little unique, but this is not uncommon on the streets.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:02 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,072,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktownbabe View Post
If by "now" you mean "for as long as there have been gang bangers and cars," then yes.

I hope that eagerly pouncing on every negative thing that happens in the city is helping you push your real estate in New Lenox or wherever, though. It would be a shame if you were doing all of this for nothing.
New Lenox? CHET? You gotta be kidding me. Chet will tell you all about how there's no oppurtunity out that way and all the suburban "employment centers" are in Dupage County or up north. Even if you work in New Lenox, Chet will tell to to live closer to employment centers in Dupage.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
New Lenox? CHET? You gotta be kidding me. Chet will tell you all about how there's no oppurtunity out that way and all the suburban "employment centers" are in Dupage County or up north. Even if you work in New Lenox, Chet will tell to to live closer to employment centers in Dupage.
You may have missed the words "or wherever" in my post.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:43 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,072,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktownbabe View Post
You may have missed the words "or wherever" in my post.
No, I caught them. Chet's agenda is more specific than getting people to move to "the suburbs". It's not whatever.

Maybe I shouldnt have said anything becuse you're a junior member though. I am kinda supposed you even know that much about Chet..

Welcome to our forum!

Old 01-06-2013, 10:52 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,681,075 times
What, no State Troopers on the Ryan to do something?

Oh yeah, they're too busy with revenue-generating speed traps up by O'hare and Schumburg to patrol areas with potential crime.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:10 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,468,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparz View Post
What, no State Troopers on the Ryan to do something?

Oh yeah, they're too busy with revenue-generating speed traps up by O'hare and Schumburg to patrol areas with potential crime.
You have a better shot of seeing an actual UFO on the Dan Ryan than a patrol car. A few years ago I had to call in a road rage incident on the Eisenhower and was told there was only 1 unit patroling the entire City expressway system! And this is on a Friday night. The Chicago Police Department used to have a highway patrol unit but it was disbanded years ago. They should bring it back as our highways are a total free for all, especially on weekend nights.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
No, I caught them. Chet's agenda is more specific than getting people to move to "the suburbs".
Okay, but I don't really care. He clearly has an anti-city agenda, which I assume has to do with him having something to sell somewhere outside of Chicago. Specifically what or where is really of no concern. Perhaps if I lived in the suburbs and this was the suburbs forum it would be.

Quote:
I am kinda supposed you even know that much about Chet..
One needn't lurk long to see it.

Quote:
Welcome to our forum!
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago