Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 10:21 AM

4,656 posts, read 3,269,634 times

Advertisements

BRU67, good morning. Well, the fact that EGP even gets mentioned is amazing!

And like I said, areas on the west side are slowly improving westward in some areas.

At this point, my brother, we need to take ANY positive that we can

But you are right, let's keep an eye on it.

My kids and I sure love the Conservatory!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 11:57 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,469,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
BRU67, good morning. Well, the fact that EGP even gets mentioned is amazing!

And like I said, areas on the west side are slowly improving westward in some areas.

At this point, my brother, we need to take ANY positive that we can

But you are right, let's keep an eye on it.

My kids and I sure love the Conservatory!
The virtue signaling is now as loud as an Iron Maiden concert circa 1979. But I think when it comes time for people to actually put their money where their mouths are and move into the troubled communities to eliminate segregation, disinvestment, redlining, and poor performing schools, it won't happen. But we'll see. EGP would probably be the first place where it would so let's definitely keep an eye on it! I'm very curious to see what the 2020 Census data looks like.

Old 08-05-2020, 11:00 AM

58 posts, read 38,633 times
Definitely LOGAN SQUARE. It's full of small galleries of local artists. It's a very hipster type of neighborhood. You should check it out if you're into that. It's too hipster and too young for me but you should definitely see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown202020 View Post
Does chicago have a nieghborhood that is full of artist ? I have not really noticed one where you can walk around and feel like your in an artist community. I think artist must be just spread all around chicago.

Old 08-05-2020, 12:40 PM

226 posts, read 382,467 times
I mentioned this in another thread, but I believe they're largely getting priced out and are exiting the city for mid-tier cities (note, NOT suburbs or rural areas). I'm not saying there aren't neighborhoods with artist communities, but they're far less concentrated than they used to be.

You'll notice hipsters/artists get priced out of neighborhoods fairly quickly. It was only 10-15 years ago that Wicker Park was THE place for hipsters; then it was Logan Square; now it's Pilsen - but even Pilsen doesn't exactly scream "artists!" to me. To be frank, a lot of incredibly boring rural and suburban folk have infiltrated the city, diluted the culture, and driven out young people due to rising costs. A ton of lively, edgy, boundary-pushing bars/clubs/boutiques have closed over the last few decades, all so that we can have more Lululemons and Jeni's Ice Creams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago