Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 05:56 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Blish View Post
I wonder if this will spread throughout the city again? Time to bring back the national guards!

I would use the National Guard. The fact that there are still riots happening in Chicago is a sad state. It is spreading throughout the city again, based on what people are saying here.

Old 08-10-2020, 05:57 AM

9,980 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Geeee.....I don't live close to the Mag Mile, but if this is still happening now, you are right.....it's highly unlikely that any retailer would ever want to open up downtown again.

This could be the end of the Mag Mile, and consequently Chicago's popular tourism. The Mayor needs to make sure this stops and doesn't happen again.
They have FINALLY put a lid on it (mostly), but as recently as 30 minutes ago the Zone 4 radio dispatch was still nonstop service calls.

If you're supposed to work downtown today, forget it, there's no way to get there. The bridges are up, the expressway exit ramps to downtown are closed, and the CTA is not operating downtown right now. And if your worksite is at ground level, chances are it doesn't have windows right now anyway.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:02 AM

1,067 posts, read 916,122 times
Quote:
I know you are mad (I am too), but I wouldn't say this is blanket "Black Culture." It's more "Inner City" culture (and yes most involved probably are black), but there are plenty of blacks that are not out there rioting like that. There's a handful of people causing problems, but I wouldn't put that on a whole race or define it as their "culture."
Enough of the BS. This is 100% due to black culture. I watched it with my own eyes last night and it was alllll black people...it was coordinated...and it destroyed our entire downtown. If organized coordinated looting went on where was the diversity in race? Turn on the news...see any whites, asians, indians, etc. doing this? Nope.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:12 AM

9,980 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
Enough of the BS. This is 100% due to black culture. I watched it with my own eyes last night and it was alllll black people...it was coordinated...and it destroyed our entire downtown. If organized coordinated looting went on where was the diversity in race? Turn on the news...see any whites, asians, indians, etc. doing this? Nope.
Nah, white people don't smash out windows and destroy buildings to steal stuff.

They just smash out windows and destroy buildings for the hell of it.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:13 AM

169 posts, read 87,870 times
Quote:
Greetings from NYC. The Blacks did the same thing a couple of months ago here, they looted SoHo and other areas. Most of these people do not deserve to live in civilized society. Time to give them their reparations by buying them condos in Liberia and sending them there first class. Their culture is pure evil and the Left is using them to destroy western values. The good conservative Blacks could stay here. Democrats are gonna be losing droves of support due to this mayhem. Good. They sukk. What a nightmare. Sorry for the good trump supporters in Chicago. Any Biden supporters can go to he ll.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:14 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,252,251 times
dtcbnd03, good morning.

To be fair, I have not seen the footage. But I will believe you if you say you only saw people of Black background involved in the episode yesterday.

And at the same time, I believe personone says it is also true that the Black people involved speak for nor represent the blanketed Black culture.

I, too, believe there would be Black residents that are completely against this behavior for the exact reason that they certainly do NOT want to be associated with or grouped in the same category as those that are looting.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:23 AM

Quote:
I'm not going to argue with you or engage in your race-bating. It's not "BS." I'm saying that what you describe is not representative of "Black Culture." The colleagues that I work with who are Black are not out there looting and do not act like that at all. In fact all of them have said that they are sickened by that. So if they are black and they are not doing that (and they oppose that), then how is it "Black Culture?"

Old 08-10-2020, 06:31 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,178,929 times
Quote:
I'm not going to argue with you or engage in your race-bating. It's not "BS." I'm saying that what you describe is not representative of "Black Culture." The colleagues that I work with who are Black are not out there looting and do not act like that at all. In fact all of them have said that they are sickened by that. So if they are black and they are not doing that (and they oppose that), then how is it "Black Culture?"
Come on I have seen this for 50 years now! Yes not ALL blacks are like this but damn all I have seen for 50 years from most of them is just unacceptable. You do not see this crap from any of the many other races in the world! Every damn day it is something! Either complaining and crying about this and that . Now changing names of streets and parks from white people and tearing down white statues and killing each other every damn day and now endless rioting again and again and again!

Even people that have defended them have said they well never see them the same way again after this year! Enough is enough!

Old 08-10-2020, 06:32 AM

1,067 posts, read 916,122 times
Quote:
Obviously there are good black people. We can use logic and reason to call out a culture while acknowledging there are good people within that race. The real question is if thousands of people stormed downtown to riot and loot...what are the odds they all just happened to be black? And how do you explain the vast difference between the economic and criminal disparity between black and asian neighborhoods? It's 100% due to family, values and culture.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
dtcbnd03, good morning.

To be fair, I have not seen the footage. But I will believe you if you say you only saw people of Black background involved in the episode yesterday.

And at the same time, I believe personone says it is also true that the Black people involved speak for nor represent the blanketed Black culture.

I, too, believe there would be Black residents that are completely against this behavior for the exact reason that they certainly do NOT want to be associated with or grouped in the same category as those that are looting.
Exactly Master Jay. You understand it and take a worldly view!

He is hurt and frustrated, and so I sympathize with him. He needs to vent because he is hurt by the destruction of "our entire downtown." I am just pointing out that, that is not "Black Culture" even if 100% of the rioters were black.

There are 800,000 blacks in Chicago, and some great black colleague I work with who are doctors. They were not down there and they do not support what is happening. So if they are black and are not doing that or supporting that, then how is it "Black Culture?"

We are hurt and frustrated as a society, and we are crumbling at the core of humanity, which is why I had to say something.

When Whites, Latinos, Asians, etc. commit crimes, it is not "White" or "Latino" or "Asian" culture...it is bad people committing crimes. Same with Blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago