Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 07:41 AM

4,861 posts, read 6,927,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I don't see how this ever did "help" the Democrats to begin with, especially when they started giving moral and political cover to the various Clockwork Orange gangs who've been romping around in the country. In fact IMO their unwillingness to speak out against the rioters and their ideological backers will ultimately be Biden's undoing. Trump has been closing the gap in the RCP average for a couple weeks now -- I suspect a growing constituency of voters who never considered voting for Trump are looking at how completely off the rails bordering on traitorous the opposition has become and just can't imagine handing them the reins of power.

I'll repeat what I've said elsewhere in these forums: If my choices are a mentally enfeebled puppet for the forces either tacitly or explicitly dismantling civil society before our very eyes, or an amoral, bombastic carnival clown who nonetheless has the basic moral clarity to stand up against the former, I'm voting for the clown without a moment's reconsideration. I thought 2016 was a tragic choice for the country; it turns out 2020 is an even more tragic choice -- and yet in today's atmosphere IMO the "right" choice couldn't be more obvious.

Yeah, it's amazing how courageous our little budding activists are when they won't have to put their courage to the test.
This should be the litmus test for any THINKING American. You don't have to like Trump, but you had better look closely at which presidential candidate is closest to any of the values that you want to maintain in this country.

Just because mom, dad, grandpa, and grandma were Democrats, this doesn't mean you have to vote for this NEW Social-Democrat party. The old Democrat Party is gone. I'm stating this as an ex-Democrat.

Remember when mobs of Republicans went crazy rioting, burning, looting, vandalizing, and attacking law enforcement? Me neither, cause it's never happened. With what's going on in cities, especially like Chicago, it's time that the people left with common sense start voting out the nutcases that are allowing this city to fall into decay and then get tough on the thugs. Trying to appease people who's only goal is destruction obviously does not work.

Old 08-10-2020, 07:45 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I'm not going to argue with you or engage in your race-bating. It's not "BS." I'm saying that what you describe is not representative of "Black Culture." The colleagues that I work with who are Black are not out there looting and do not act like that at all. In fact all of them have said that they are sickened by that. So if they are black and they are not doing that (and they oppose that), then how is it "Black Culture?"
I think this is the old all dogs are animals but not all animals are dogs argument. NO ONE thinks that ALL blacks are out rioting and looting. But a large majority of people who are rioting and looting appear to be black.

Old 08-10-2020, 07:51 AM

10 posts, read 5,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I think this is the old all dogs are animals but not all animals are dogs argument. NO ONE thinks that ALL blacks are out rioting and looting. But a large majority of people who are rioting and looting appear to be black.
Chicago is not all Black people though. The average Black American (40 million) does not engage or condone looting or rioting.

Urban poverty has it's own culture. You can see stuff like this worldwide including Europe. I've seen tons of Eastern Europeans looting and burning buildings down.

I wonder when did Chicago become the representation of Black America. Was it because of the Obamas? I don't remember Chicago getting so much coverage before 08.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:11 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
I cant believe it.. i woke up to seeing one of the bridges being opened which was strange.. then i see the bad news on tv.. i just cant believe it. my friend's store was busted into also.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:13 AM

so someone please tell me, they say that this was orchestrated on social media, Facebook, Facebook live, etc.

So i don't understand how this works.. how do a group of people know where exactly to turn on Facebook to prepare to riot? I don't understand how it works.. fortunately police were monitoring it and they caught wind of it. I have never been on Facebook and seen an invite to riot and loot.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:26 AM

4,641 posts, read 3,252,251 times
ChicagoMeO, good morning. I've heard you mention your friend and their store before. I am very sorry to hear that their store was damaged, as well.

So if someone is posting on FaceBook that they are organizing a looting action, I would imagine that THAT is sufficient evidence to press charges.

So the riot was a reaction to a police officer (risking their life/doing their job) on a possible gun wielder in Englewood. Turns out the police was right and the offender ran (fleeing is a felony) and then fired at the police officer (another felony). The police officer shoots and strikes the offender. So THIS led to the rioting?

How many other residents shot each other in the last week, and it is just business as usual?

Old 08-10-2020, 08:31 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,784,164 times
Lightfoot and the police chief were complaining this morning that too few people are being prosecuted.

I wonder that this means for Kim Foxx.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
ChicagoMeO, good morning. I've heard you mention your friend and their store before. I am very sorry to hear that their store was damaged, as well.

So if someone is posting on FaceBook that they are organizing a looting action, I would imagine that THAT is sufficient evidence to press charges.

So the riot was a reaction to a police officer (risking their life/doing their job) on a possible gun wielder in Englewood. Turns out the police was right and the offender ran (fleeing is a felony) and then fired at the police officer (another felony). The police officer shoots and strikes the offender. So THIS led to the rioting?

How many other residents shot each other in the last week, and it is just business as usual?

yes thank you for your thoughts for my friend. when i saw the store on the corner that got hit last time, i immediately thought of him.. but at the time i called, the bridges were still up around downtown and no CTA buses were allowed in the area, so im not sure how his boss is going to get down to the store..

I don't know how people know where to find these facebook meetups for rioting. I never saw anything and i would not even know how to access them.. how do these people find each other??!!??

so i heard some lame excuses from alderman saying "these are people that are are hurting and that's why they did what they did"

You know, EFF that.

These are criminals that decided to go shopping and get stuff for free coz they could get away with it.

the bad guys didn't get close to me, but still close enough. I live near there. but one of my first reactions is - Im outta here when my lease is up. for one thing, I have a delivery coming today and i don't even know if they will get here. that is not such a horrid worry compared to what the stores are dealing with, but this really disrupts people who live in those areas to be able to carry on with regular life.

so weird seeing the bridges opened up this morning which is very unusual.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Lightfoot and the police chief were complaining this morning that too few people are being prosecuted.

I wonder that this means for Kim Foxx.

i haven't seen hide nor hair from that person either!!!

Old 08-10-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeplewillhavetheirsay View Post
Wow, just watched some Twitter videos of the looting and violence from last night. Unreal.
So, the new rules in Chicago are clear: ANY time a cop shoots a black person, there will be massive looting of the tourist parts of town in response.
Secondly, there is clearly now an open war in Chicago between cops and blacks between ages 14-35. Who will win?

yes this is what they are saying started it.

I'm not so sure, i think it is too soon to be able to tell. but the one alderman was saying on the news that he hates when Englewood gets blamed for being the start of all these riots.

But it may be true. I just don't know.. but here and there during the warm weather, there are mobs of kids that decide to do this just because they want free stuff..

so i don't know if they just decided to do this and it was a coincidence of if they used that shooting to justify their criminal behavior.

i saw the looks on some of their faces, they were just randomly shopping looked like, had the bags of stuff in their hands, and 3 Coach purses on their arm. With a smile on her teenage face.

then another criminal female is shown smiling really big as if she won the lottery, jumping into a car.

TRASH!!!!

those windows are VERY EXPENSIVE to replace. And very heavy to clean up the broken glass.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-10-2020 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: Language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago