Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,291,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyssaTx View Post
In my opinion people from New York are way nicer!
Be careful you are in Chicago forum. People here are very immature and defensive so they will surely attack you for a comment like this.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:00 PM

33 posts, read 82,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Be careful you are in Chicago forum. People here are very immature and defensive so they will surely attack you for a comment like this.
Yes, we're going to throw big ol' hot dogs with neon green relish at you as well as huge pieces of deep dish Chicago pizza, that'll surely knock you out. Watch yourself, we're vicious.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:05 PM

188 posts, read 477,334 times
Quote:
still lurking around chicago forums....have they put your name in place of the word 'troll' yet?

Old 05-13-2009, 11:09 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,905 times
Quote:
People in Chicago are friendlier.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:10 PM

260 posts, read 1,145,684 times
What I think is termed the Midwestern Mentality is an after-effect of the Midwest having been a frontier society. We try to get along with each other, and in so doing try not to engage in offensive behavior. Hence, we are seen as being friendly, and open. We are also pragmatic, and tend not to get involved in what is rightly seen as not our business. A result of this was the traditional isolationism Midwesterners exhibit- we had enough to deal with here, we didn't want to get involved in adventures elsewhere. Also, we have pride in our accomplishments- in a relatively short time historically, we changed a swampy grassland into a technical civilization the likes of which had never been seen before.
Read about Lincoln's time and you'll see that in forty years they went from trading posts and forts to large cities. By any gauge, it was a spectacular feat. A couple of generations after that, we matured into a complex society with great talent and artistic achievement. The World's Columbian Exhibition of 1893 comes to mind there. After that, we were able to hold our own on an artistic and intellectual level of the best that could be found. Pride, pragmatism, co-operation, sense of place, all constitute the Midwestern Mentality.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:11 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,429,595 times
Quote:
I know they have already attacked me for being beautiful lol

Old 05-13-2009, 11:13 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,291,484 times
Quote:

Keep it up

Old 05-13-2009, 11:14 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
As the old saying goes, beauty is skin-deep but ugly goes straight to the bone.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:16 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,905 times
Quote:
Keep it up
Dementor I saw you walking today along Fullerton and Western and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised at what I saw.

You have a beautiful, plump, round bottom and beautiful gold curls in your hair. Oh, and your makeup job was unreal. I slipped a note on the bench you were sitting on giving you my number but you must have missed it.

Hey, hit me up and we'll do dinner sometime

You never know, maybe we'll get married one day!!

How many kids do you have again?

Old 05-14-2009, 09:49 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Myssa, Myssa, always trying to stir the pot. New Yorkers and Chicagoans are about the same. They are both cliquish, keep to themselves kind of people generally. They are extremely territorial as shown by their driving, the way they place chairs in parking spaces when it snows and the fact that a blocks worth of for sale signs pop up whenever somebody different moves in. And I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. It did take me awhile to get used to how much more outgoing and friendly Houstonians are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago