Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:34 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,421,171 times

Advertisements

I disagree. He states what's common knowledge among folks that know where the affluent areas are. For example, we all know that it costs a lot of $$$ to purchase homes in areas such as Lake Forest (IL), Winnetka (IL), Gold Coast & Lincoln Park neighborhoods (Chicago), Upper East Side (NYC / Manhattan), Greenwich (Conn.), LA's Westside towns (ie. Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Brentwood, Belair, etc.), Silicon Valley's towns such as Palo Alto, etc.

But then he goes on to say that these are the only "relevant" areas in these regions, and that the schools in Greenwich, Connecticut are similar to slums where the local troublemakers attend. He makes Greenwich, CT public schools out to be as bad as the Bronx, LOL! Furthermore, he states that no one of means would be riding a train into NYC, and that everyone of relevance rides in a Benz AMG, or some other high-end luxury car on traffic-clogged I-95. Yes, in Los Angeles, people tend to drive cars because the public transit options are limited. But in NYC there are plenty of wealthy folks riding the Metro North, LIRR, etc. So yeah, I don't think he does the best comparisons, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
From what I've seen on the different forums, hsw does the best inter-city comparisons. No one else has the dataset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 02:01 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,315,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Alright I want the best of the best. I'm trying to figure out who posts the most here, knows the city well?

Please submit your responses.
drover or lookout kid.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:49 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,391,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
jdiddy seems to know the city quite well from different eras, but he is much to funny to put into that traffic cop moderator role. The same goes for sukwoo and CarolinaBredChicagoan (who must be out enjoying the weather lately instead of wasting his time here).
Aw, shucks. Nice to know I've been missed, LK.

I am a big fan of all of the regulars on this board, but must admit that I give extra credence to Drover, LK, and Irishtom as well. I also really value sukwoo's opinions, as I like to hear from fellow DeepSouth-to-Chicago transplants (especially knowledgeable ones), and supernerdgirl's input on transit issues has been invaluable.

And then there's that one guy. You know. whatshisface with all the bikes and the cross-dressing penchant. He's always good when you're in the mood for the wierd stuff.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:51 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
... but I'm the guy who took the pictures of Englewood. Nothing like letting your eyes do the walking.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:07 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,315,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Aw, shucks. Nice to know I've been missed, LK.

I am a big fan of all of the regulars on this board, but must admit that I give extra credence to Drover, LK, and Irishtom as well. I also really value sukwoo's opinions, as I like to hear from fellow DeepSouth-to-Chicago transplants (especially knowledgeable ones), and supernerdgirl's input on transit issues has been invaluable.

And then there's that one guy. You know. whatshisface with all the bikes and the cross-dressing penchant. He's always good when you're in the mood for the wierd stuff.
I think its Jesse...and some numbers after. He's alright but he has said some offensive stuff tho.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:22 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,078,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
... but I'm the guy who took the pictures of Englewood. Nothing like letting your eyes do the walking.
Manigault feels underappreciated. Can we get another vote for Manigault?

Old 07-28-2009, 06:47 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,955,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
Manigault feels underappreciated. Can we get another vote for Manigault?
Big group hug for Manigault.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:44 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Thank you! Keep hope alive!

Old 07-28-2009, 08:21 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,078,629 times
Venom will soon pass you in rep points. It points to a deeper problem than being accidentally overlooked. Maybe you need to act more like Beavis and less like Candide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Thank you! Keep hope alive!

Old 07-28-2009, 09:50 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,803,926 times
Without Manigault and ajolotl the North Side/South Side ratio of coverage would slip from 85/15 to 99/1. And for the south burbs SkyeInIL has given up, but we've still got our Harvey rep with Chicagoland60426.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago