Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 01:45 PM

68 posts, read 273,987 times

Advertisements

Since I have seen all kinds of discussions on these forums related to city, people, housing etc, i will share some of my 'experiences' with you.

I live in a 4-unit condo building in Rogers Park. Two units (incl. us) are owner occupied while the bottom two units are occupied by Rental tenants.

Recently i started sleeping in the master bedroom and could not believe what i heard.
...people downstairs having sex. I had never heard such noise through walls so i was kind of shock. As the night progressed they got intense but eventually i fell asleep. Next day, they woke me in the middle of the night, with their bed banging against the wall and hence my wall.

It has been several weeks since I first started hearing these noises, and i know their schedule by now. 3 times - once before sleeping around 11pm, once in the middle of the night which usually wakes me up and once around 6-7:30am which is extremely annoying ESPECIALLY on the weekends.

I haven't encountered the people, nor i do think that i want to. I think i am just going to wait until I move out.

For those wondering what kind of people they are. The girl is what we like to call 'ghetto', and she often has new guys over. Surprisingly I have seen the same 'husband' for a few weeks now.

The reason I havent encountered about this, is becuse we have had previous run-ins with her as well. We and her share the same basement and a few times my mom moved around her clothes on the laundry rope for which she got VERY angry, once my mom picked her kids' clothes from the floor for which she got angry etc etc, and parks in half of our spot.

Since there is no condo association there is no where to complain about it. I don't want to make big issues and try to talk to her calmly but this sex noise thing is very very annoying and embarrassing (at least in my culture), since i sleep with my dad ( now i know why my mom moved into the different bedroom).

I could hear her kids running around at weird times, which is ok-ish since they are kids, sometimes they blast music all day long, and when at night when they are not having sex#1, they are watching TV in loud volume. You think they would have realized that their bed bangs against the wall, by now?

I read about this online and apparently the sex sounds are not so uncommon but for god sake, not in a place that i own.
I once called the owner of the unit (he lives out of state), about the parking issue and he got pissed and asked me to deal with her myself (I think I got him at a bad time).

You peoples' comments?

Last edited by aamert; 05-07-2008 at 02:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 01:53 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,368,485 times
Sounds like you need to move, or get some kind of revenge. I wouldnt put up with that crap at all.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:54 PM

There are multiple reasons why I immediately cant move, one being the fact that i own the place.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:55 PM

941 posts, read 2,302,814 times
This is the very reason the next time i rent, it will be a house, i'm so sick and tired of disrepectful and rude neighbors slamming doors,playing loud music,etc i feel your pain people are just so damn rude these days!

Old 05-07-2008, 02:17 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,181,348 times
Default Mr. Man is on point!!

Tell me about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.man View Post
This is the very reason the next time i rent, it will be a house, i'm so sick and tired of disrepectful and rude neighbors slamming doors,playing loud music,etc i feel your pain people are just so damn rude these days!

Old 05-07-2008, 02:26 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,104,634 times
Your only solution is to start playing loud music that isn't conducive to the sexy time. So, the next time you hear your neighbor gettin' all Barry White, you crank up the Clay Aiken.
When she starts again a few hours later, you throw on New Kids on the Block (unless she has tickets for the long anticipated reunion show at Allstate Arena). Volume 11. 7 in the morning? Freddy Got Fingered soundtrack. The possibilities are endless.

Before you know it, you will have permanently damaged your neighbors sex drive, while at the same time finally finding a use for a Clay Aiken cd.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:39 PM

863 posts, read 2,784,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
you throw on New Kids on the Block (unless she has tickets for the long anticipated reunion show at Allstate Arena).
I hope to have mine soon.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:40 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,457,310 times
Quote:
7 in the morning? Freddy Got Fingered soundtrack. The possibilities are endless.
Ok, this is a family forum here!

Old 05-07-2008, 03:08 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,617,107 times
Quote:
Freddy Got Fingered
That has got to be the worst movie I have ever seen... with the possible exception of Mr. Wrong circa 1992 with Ellen DeGeneres and Bill Pullman

Old 05-07-2008, 03:50 PM

Yeah i wish i could do that.
First, my dad sleeps in that room, and secondly, we (or i should say, my dad) is just too nice to allow that.

I cannot imagine how bad it will be in the summer. I hope the sound of the fan in my room, offsets some of their noises.
Last night i opened the window and i think they had theirs opened too, so i could hear some noise from there as well. and i bet that the building next door (if they have their window open) could easily hear it as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago