Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 04:15 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolpfo View Post
I don't think so, if both Jesus and Paul teach the same message, which they do.

Either way, when Jesus said he came to fulfill the Deutronomy etc old laws, he fulfilled them when he was crucified, and now we are under the new covenant.
Did you read any of the links or arguments I posted earlier?

I know it could be shaking to your faith to rationally look at the argument, but.

1. Jesus did say he came to fulfill the law, not to abolish it. Immediately followed by saying that if you don't follow his fathers laws, and tell others that they don't have to follow them that you will be counted least among those in heaven.

2. There are countless contradictions between Jesus and Christ, just read the link I posted earlier, I have no time to post each of the contradictions for you, the post would be to long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 04:16 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,620,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm not misrepresenting the bible, the words are there. The Christian excuse that "Jesus fulfilled the law" is that, an excuse. Jesus never said you didn't have to follow the law, he in fact said you did have to follow the prophets laws. Meaning the Torah.

But this isn't my point. My point is that most Christians, and Muslims, realize that the old laws aren't supposed to be followed in our time, and as such live a peaceful life.

If I'm misrepresenting the bible for the wording that is within it, then others are misrepresenting the Qur'an for the wording that is within it.
Your points are 100% valid IMO. BUT the only reason we are talking about it is because leaders of modern nations with nuclear ambitions believe the old laws. And are fulfilling them now (stonings for adultery, a desire to wipe whole nations of infidels off the map etc).

So my question is - what is it about Islam which causes large portions of it's followers to take the ancient oppressive laws as for today?

Old 08-26-2010, 04:40 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,620,379 times
Quote:
There are countless contradictions between Jesus and Christ,
Did you mean to say "between Jesus and Paul"?

Old 08-26-2010, 06:01 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,210,139 times
Quote:
BTW, in response to your questions to me,

Yes, Jesus and Paul differed considerably

Paul vs. Jesus -- disagreement and contradictions between the Christian founders

Yes, I've read the bible, cover to cover, KJV and NIV. I'm in the process of reading the Torah (kind of old, I've read the old testament), and I've read the Qur'an.

When I read the bible the first time, was when I lost my faith in the Christian God.
Please let me know what you think about the passages I sent you. I find it strange that you continually do not respond to any textual evidence I send you....

Old 08-26-2010, 08:13 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolpfo View Post
No, the message is same actually with no contradiction. Besides, I never said I believe in Paul's text alone, I believe all of it.
The contradictions among what Jesus preached and what Paul preached, as well as, what James preached and what Paul preached are numerous and profound...you are either being dishonest or you have not really taken the time to compare the differences in their teachings.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:18 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,253,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
The contradictions among what Jesus preached and what Paul preached, as well as, what James preached and what Paul preached are numerous and profound...you are either being dishonest or you have not really taken the time to compare the differences in their teachings.
I certainly do not intend to pick on you," ChristyGrl, but your post is handy. I sure would like to see proof of this. People repeat this, but I haven't yet seen it.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:43 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,210,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Can you explain some of those differences? Do you have any links or literature on this?

Old 08-26-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Did you mean to say "between Jesus and Paul"?
Oops, got me there, yep, I meant Jesus and Paul.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Please let me know what you think about the passages I sent you. I find it strange that you continually do not respond to any textual evidence I send you....
Not allowed to talk about PM's in the public forum. If you'd like to openly discuss them, please post them here.

All I'm going to say here is this.

yes, I know the bible contradicts itself numerous times.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
I certainly do not intend to pick on you," ChristyGrl, but your post is handy. I sure would like to see proof of this. People repeat this, but I haven't yet seen it.
Paul vs. Jesus -- disagreement and contradictions between the Christian founders

This is the second time I'm posting this, and it will be the last. Either read it, or don't, its up to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity