Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 10:57 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Concerning the OP, and the Idea that Christians could be seen as being evil because of certain parts of the bible just like Muslims are considered evil because of parts of the quaran ... What about the Hebrew people, or judaism? They don't even believe that Christ fulfilled the law or that he in truth brought a new covenant. Son the arguments of the new covenant and the fulfillment of the law in Christ does certainly not count for Jews ...
But that's just the point....the Hebrew scripture in the OT states that Messiah will bring a renewed covenant (renewing the one they already had where God's law are ETERNAL and will NEVER BE ABOLISHED) not a NEW TOTALLY DIFFERENT covenant, where the law is abolished and no longer has to be followed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 05:20 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Joseph does not qualify as his FATHER...even by adoption HE DOES NOT QUALIFY...why is it you don't understand that????
Look to Mary's genealogy when you search the OT...you'll realize that Mary (only half of Jesus DNA-23 chromosomes, is earthly) was the descendant of both Joseph and Judah, Hints...

Ezekiel 37:19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

Luke (the physician) 3:31 Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David.

Matthew 1:6-7 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias.

I Chronicles 2:21 The union between Joseph and Judah's bloodline through Hesrom/Esrom (of Judah) and daughter of Machir (of Joseph's)

Numbers 36:1-13 The reason for the union between two tribes.

Luke's account of Mary's genealogy varied from Matthew's in that...he followed Nathan's rather than Solomon's (the founder of the temple of Jerusalem) fulfilling the following Prophecy:

1 King 10:14 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents (666) of gold.

The gold were used for the temple.

1 Kings 11:6-11 And Solomon did Evil in the sight of the LORD...
...I WILL SURELY REND THE KINGDOM FROM THEE, AND WILL GIVE IT TO THY SERVANT.

Peace!

Old 09-01-2010, 06:52 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Look to Mary's genealogy when you search the OT...you'll realize that Mary (only half of Jesus DNA-23 chromosomes, is earthly) was the descendant of both Joseph and Judah, Hints...

Ezekiel 37:19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make Po one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

Luke (the physician) 3:31 Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David.

Matthew 1:6-7 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias.

I Chronicles 2:21 The union between Joseph and Judah's bloodline through Hesrom/Esrom (of Judah) and daughter of Machir (of Joseph's)

Numbers 36:1-13 The reason for the union between two tribes.

Luke's account of Mary's genealogy varied from Matthew's in that...he followed Nathan's rather than Solomon's (the founder of the temple of Jerusalem) fulfilling the following Prophecy:

1 King 10:14 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents (666) of gold.

The gold were used for the temple.

1 Kings 11:6-11 And Solomon did Evil in the sight of the LORD...
...I WILL SURELY REND THE KINGDOM FROM THEE, AND WILL GIVE IT TO THY SERVANT.

Peace!
Family line passes by the father, not the mother. Hence all of the hub bub about the coat of many colors, and that solomon was of the "house of david"

Old 09-01-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Family line passes by the father, not the mother. Hence all of the hub bub about the coat of many colors, and that solomon was of the "house of david"
Patriarchal culture "Judaism"...

Excerpt:
Quote:
The term 'Jew', has come to be used synonymous with the term 'Israel, or Israelite', however, this is error. Scriptural "Yisraelites," the collective descendants of the 12 tribes of Jacob/Israel (the Northern Kingdom) were never called Jews. Modern Jews are not of the tribe of Yahudah, and are not a part of the Yisraelites of the Scriptures. They take the name Jew because the name is in the name of their religion i.e. Jew-ism. Jews have deceived may Christians into thinking that Jew-ism is a continuance of the Scriptural worship system of Jacob/Yisrael, but it is not.
Peace!

Old 09-01-2010, 07:16 PM

1,220 posts, read 987,054 times
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shall bruise his heel."
Genesis 3:15
The Blessings of The Eternal One keep us from ourselves off topic...

Old 09-01-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shall bruise his heel."
Thank you...

Old 09-01-2010, 10:44 PM

1,220 posts, read 987,054 times
Default The Truth

Quote:
Thank you...
Our pleasure ans57...The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you joy...

Old 09-02-2010, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Wow...you guys will try anything to circumvent Jewish law...won't you...but this doesn't change the fact that the family line is ONLY passed through THE FATHER (you know the one Jesus didn't have being from a virgin and all) and NOT the mother...nice try but an EPIC FAIL...yet again!

Old 09-02-2010, 06:11 AM

Default The sinful seed of man cannot bring about the atonement of Sin.

Isaiah 43:27 Thy first father sinned, and thy teachers have transgressed against me. Thus...
Genesis 3:15 I will put an enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shall bruise his heel.

As littlewitness have quoted...

Peace!

Old 09-02-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Isaiah 43:27 Thy first father sinned, and thy teachers have transgressed against me. Thus...
Genesis 3:15 I will put an enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shall bruise his heel.

As littlewitness have quoted...

Peace!
See Post #94
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity