Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 09:30 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,491 times

Advertisements

If I gave you examples, I`d be here till 3 in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 09:32 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
If I gave you examples, I`d be here till 3 in the morning.
Okay, then. Don't worry about it.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:48 PM

33,245 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Neither do you, Mike. The church has NO idea what it has done to millions of souls around the world. It's fruits are showing, and the bigger the fight gets, the more the anger will flow. It is only a matter of time.

2000 years of wars, manipulation, fearmongering, torment, inquisitions, crusades................It's bound to make a lot of people very cranky.
I'm assuming you're talking about the Catholic church as opposed the body of Christ which is the true church.

This is the devils world. Stuff happens. And the believer is not here to whitewash the devil's world. The believer is in the world but not of the world. The issue for the believer is to grow in grace and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ. And give the gospel when the opportunity arises. Jesus Christ controls history and will bless or curse a nation depending on the size of the pivot of spiritually mature believers within that nation.

Last edited by Michael Way; 09-10-2010 at 09:58 PM..

Old 09-10-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I'm assuming you're talking about the Catholic church as opposed the body of Christ which is the true church.

This is the devils world. Stuff happens. And the believer is not here to whitewash the devil's world. The believer is in the world but not of the world. The issue for the believer is to grow in grace and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ. And give the gospel when the opportunity arises. Jesus Christ controls history and will bless or curse a nation depending on the size of the pivot of spiritually mature believers within that nation.

No wonder you are having so many problems......

Old 09-10-2010, 11:35 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovethelight View Post
The power, and the life, and the light, was in them that spoke it forth, whom the world always hated. Therefore waiting in the light, which Christ has enlightened you with, that is scripture within you, and that will open the scripture, (according as you grow in the light,) and the saint's conditions, as you are sanctified, and as you are cleansed and made free by the son of God, for it is he that makes free. Who are made free from sin, and from the world, are made free by the son of God; and blessed be the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has raised him from the dead, and by him raised us up from the dead.
Sounds like this: Fox Doctrine, Book 4 Part 1

Old 09-10-2010, 11:37 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:

This is the devils world. Stuff happens.
"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;".

Ps. 24:1

Old 09-10-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;".

Ps. 24:1

And,

Job 41:11 Who has a claim against me that I must pay? Everything under heaven belongs to me.

I Corinthians 10:26 for, "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it."

Psalm 50:12 If I were hungry I would not tell you, for the world is mine, and all that is in it.

John 12:31. Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Below from: John 12:31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

Satan has so effectually ruled that he may be said to be the prince of this world; but my approaching death will destroy his kingdom, will break down his power, and will be the means of setting up the kingdom of God over man."

Old 09-11-2010, 12:14 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
This is the devils world.
Adversary is a principle that results in active resistance, opposition, or contentiousness within the human nature. And the Hebrew term for Satan merely describes an adversarial role, whereas, an accuser (devil) is known for his unrighteous disposition. Thus, the principalities and powers of unholy messengers inculcated the doctrines of demons in the early views of men, falsely fostering and prospering them. Truth becomes known, when deception falls away, that of self-induced blindness. Christ denounced these doctrines and traditions of men within the Spirit of truth, as the ego driven desires are within men; resist them.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:57 AM

1,220 posts, read 987,428 times
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Adversary is a principle that results in active resistance, opposition, or contentiousness within the human nature. And the Hebrew term for Satan merely describes an adversarial role, whereas, an accuser (devil) is known for his unrighteous disposition. Thus, the principalities and powers of unholy messengers inculcated the doctrines of demons in the early views of men, falsely fostering and prospering them. Truth becomes known, when deception falls away, that of self-induced blindness. Christ denounced these doctrines and traditions of men within the Spirit of truth, as the ego driven desires are within men; resist them.

...and resist them we will according to The Grace of God and His Christ dwelling within us, without whom we can do nothing. The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you joy...

Old 09-11-2010, 03:06 AM

229 posts, read 332,176 times
Quote:
Universalism is not Christianity. It is a false Gospel designed to deceive those who it may. You people who promote this Satanic lie are being used by the devil to keep people from understanding the issue involved in salvation and therefore never making a volitional choice to receive Christ as Savior. You have no idea of the magnitude of what it is you are doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
You forgot to mention, Mike that you regularly tell other Christians here that they are going to hell and are the spawns of Satan. The Universalists do not talk to you in that manner. I guess you just can't see how you act around here. It's often hard to see ourselves as we actually are, especially the negative parts. Your patience wears thin because people refuse to accept your words of condemnation.
Heartsong
I see nothing has changed, this forum is the same cesspool of confusion with all the constant backstabbing, bickering and name calling that was so prevalent a few weeks ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I disagree, Universalists (at least some, not all) are very rude to Christians here. His patience wears thin because the Scriptures are twisted by those who have been deceived.
As someone that is unbiased I see the pendulum swinging both ways with the us versus them attitude...in my opinion neither side is gaining any points

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Neither do you, Mike. The church has NO idea what it has done to millions of souls around the world. It's fruits are showing, and the bigger the fight gets, the more the anger will flow. It is only a matter of time.

2000 years of wars, manipulation, fearmongering, torment, inquisitions, crusades................It's bound to make a lot of people very cranky.
This begins to address the issue somewhat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity