Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 01:35 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times

Advertisements

To many, the thought of everlasting punishment for sinners, whether they profess Jesus or not, is unthinkable; they cannot imagine their loved ones being sent to this place called hell to suffer for eternity; therefore, they attempt to come up with other ways. For some, it's annihilation; for others, it's no hell at all; they claim that the Bible has been mistranslated. The truth is simply more than they can bear.

Instead of trying to conform the Word to your feelings, why not get down to business with God about your loved ones? If need be, go on a 40 day fast for God to shake them up, sending the fear of hell fire down on them. Some don't believe in fear to shake up a sinner, well God does. And, I listen to Him, not the theories of men.

1 Proverbs
[23] Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
[24] Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
[25] But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
[26] I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
[27] When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
[28] Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
[29] For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
[30] They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
[31] Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
[32] For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
[33] But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Those who die in their sins have trampled the precious blood of Christ underfoot, and counted it worthless. Therefore, they will be turned over to the devil where he and all his angels will be tormented forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 01:43 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,006,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
To many, the thought of everlasting punishment for sinners, whether they profess Jesus or not, is unthinkable; they cannot imagine their loved ones being sent to this place called hell to suffer for eternity; therefore, they attempt to come up with other ways. For some, it's annihilation; for others, it's no hell at all; they claim that the Bible has been mistranslated. The truth is simply more than they can bear.

Instead of trying to conform the Word to your feelings, why not get down to business with God about your loved ones? If need be, go on a 40 day fast for God to shake them up, sending the fear of hell fire down on them. Some don't believe in fear to shake up a sinner, well God does. And, I listen to Him, not the theories of men.

1 Proverbs
[23] Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
[24] Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
[27] When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
[28] Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
[31] Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
[32] For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
[33] But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Those who die in their sins have trampled the precious blood of Christ underfoot, and counted it worthless. Therefore, they will be turned over to the devil where he and all his angels will be tormented forever.
I think you may have been reading too many Chick tracts, Graham, because it is NOT even biblical that anyone would be turned over to the devil to roast in hell forever. Isn't he going to be roasting too?

That being said, it's good to know that there are a great deal of people who do not believe that comic book nonsense.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:44 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,132,202 times
Quote:
1 Proverbs
What in the above passage suggests that people will be tormented forever?

I have noticed when someone believes in eternal torment, they will see it in every passage they read, even when it says no such thing.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:46 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,004 times
Quote:
Hell; it has a flame and it's everlasting

Gods nature to correct what is wrong is everlasting, just because we are subject to experiencing the result of that nature, does not mean our experience inherantly never ends.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:52 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times
Moderator cut: edeleted quote

Moderator cut: addressing a deleted post The Saints of God will enjoy His grace and love for eternity.

Revelation 20
[7] And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
[8] And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
[9] And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
[10] And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
[11] And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
[14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-29-2010 at 09:57 PM..

Old 09-29-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Truth

There's only one truth; you're either in it, or out of it.

God's Love. This is a lost and dying world where most of the inhabitants are marching straight to hell. While you see me as full of hate and intolerance, I am in God's reality showing you love. You don't want to go to hell; there's no getting out.

Denying God's truth is not love. God's love is what I abide in.
scgraham, is it possible you do not have/understand the truth?

Old 09-29-2010, 02:25 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
Hell; it has a flame and it's everlasting, not to mention a myth.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:33 PM

60 posts, read 136,363 times
He sends your spirit/soul to the center of the earth and its trapped there forever...it's kinda obvious...read every detail they give about Hell in the Bible mixed in with the reports diggers give about about hearing screams and crying and such when they dig too deep by volcanos...look it up if you want...

Old 09-29-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_DC View Post
He sends your spirit/soul to the center of the earth and its trapped there forever...it's kinda obvious...read every detail they give about Hell in the Bible mixed in with the reports diggers give about about hearing screams and crying and such when they dig too deep by volcanos...look it up if you want...
Uptown_DC,

The so-called reports of diggers hearing screams from the center of the earth is a complete urban legend. Total fabrication - look it up. One example:

Drilling to Hell-Facts

Its completely absurd if you think about it. Why didn't they keep drilling? Why didn't they try to get some of the people/spirits/ghosts out? Why didn't they try to talk to them? Why didn't they try to drop a bottle of water down to them? How were they surviving? etc. etc. etc.

To suggest that as proof of eternal torment in hell is silly & shameful IMHO.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_DC View Post
...read every detail they give about Hell in the Bible ...
Here is one little "detail" about "hell" from the KJV bible:

Psalm 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Here is another detail of hell:
Proverbs 15:24 The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.

So you can depart from hell? And God is in hell? Me thinks the traditional understand of hell as a place of never-ending torment is not right. In fact you will never find the word "hell" described as "eternal" in any bible. "Hell" AKA sheol/hades & death is destroyed by Christ. It has no victory.

Did you know the word "hell" is actually translated from four different words (sheol, hades, tartarus, gehenna), three which have completely different meanings? That is mistranslation at best, and dishonest scholarship or worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity