Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 11:50 PM

45,706 posts, read 27,317,064 times

Advertisements

BDub - The best advice I have read was from Verna back at the bottom of page 1.

Christ knows you better than you know you - and He knows what you need to straighten out your issues and answer your questions. I wouldn't disclose to much info unless a certain person(s) can be trusted.

Welcome home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 07:48 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,541,077 times
BDub, I would advise you to find a Church that loves the homosexuals as much as any other person, and will leave all judgements to God. There you will find men, and women, who will be your friend regardless if you are gay or not..

You need to climb out of the hell you have created for yourself and realize that you are loved and worth loving..You are a child of God..accept His unconditional love..

It seems to me that you have a long indoctrination by those Christians who want you to be like they are by threats that God is displeased with you and will send you off to their hell for not "doing as I say, not as I do"..

I love you

Old 10-20-2010, 08:17 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,638,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I don't know if it was your implication, but being gay does not equal being promiscuous. I'm gay and have been monogamous for 15 years.
No, that's not what I was saying at all. Anyone who is promiscuous, whether gay or straight, is going to have trouble. I know a few gay people who are in monogamous relationships and they seem very happy and well adjusted. I was just saying that promiscuity equals disaster no matter the sexual orientation.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:45 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,206,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
No, that's not what I was saying at all. Anyone who is promiscuous, whether gay or straight, is going to have trouble. I know a few gay people who are in monogamous relationships and they seem very happy and well adjusted. I was just saying that promiscuity equals disaster no matter the sexual orientation.
I agree that promiscuity doesn't always lead to happiness - but I wouldn't say it equals disaster. Many of my friends have been rather active in that department and although it doesn't always bring them the fulfillment that they are looking for - none of them have turned to drugs or anything like that. I think it depends on the person and where they are in their lives. I just try to be a good friend to my friends and not judge them even if they are making decisions that I wouldn't make myself. Everyone is on their own journey and hopefully they will all find happiness and peace in their own way and at their own time.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:18 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,541,077 times
Moderator cut: edit

Let's get back on topic now....Please

Old 10-20-2010, 02:37 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,638,134 times
Let me try this again. The conversation veered away from homosexuality into promiscuity back when Denverian thought that I may be trying to suggest that homosexuality always involves promiscuity. Not what I was saying at all, it does not.

Here's the point I'm trying to make.....heterosexual AND homosexual SEX should not happen BEFORE a union is formed, before marriage or what have you. That's the way God intended it, it's for our own good. Homosexuality is looked at as being promiscuous because sex takes place outside of marriage or a partnership. See what I'm saying? No matter what the orientation, it should be kept clean and pure before God and celibacy before marriage is the only way to do that in His eyes. I'm just trying to understand why homosexuality would be an abomination in God's eyes, that's all.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:46 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,206,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDubLR View Post
In the past whenever I dated guys over time they became a friend and my physical attraction to them diminished. It happened with every boyfriend I had, one of which was very attractive. Gay relationships don't work with no sex...because without it...well its just a friendship.
Just wanted to add a couple thoughts that occurred to me. To be honest with you - straight relationships with no sex are just friendships, too. Gay relationships are not any different than straight relationships - they are both about love, communication, trust, understanding, attraction, sex, etc.
Also - when I was a teenager - kissing boys kind of grossed me out. I even washed my mouth out with soap after kissing a guy one time. Then I met my first boyfriend - and kissing was fun! Everything was fun - until the relationship had run it's course and then I didn't want to do anything sexual with him anymore. He's still my best friend but there are definitely no romantic feelings left at all!
I'm not saying this to try to get you to say that you're gay - it just seems that the reasons that you are giving for thinking that you aren't gay seem like justifications. If you aren't gay - that's fine. But sexual orientation isn't something you can simply choose - it's who you are. If you take away all the guilt, all the shame, all the things others have put on you - you will be able to honestly figure out who you are. Gay, straight, bi - doesn't matter.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:03 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,514,512 times
Quote:
Here's the point I'm trying to make.....heterosexual AND homosexual SEX should not happen BEFORE a union is formed, before marriage or what have you. That's the way God intended it, it's for our own good.
God intended for sexual relations between 1 man and 1 women \ husband and wife. Anything else is calling something evil.."good".

Woe to those who call evil - "good" and good - "evil".

Quote:
Homosexuality is looked at as being promiscuous because sex takes place outside of marriage or a partnership. See what I'm saying? No matter what the orientation, it should be kept clean and pure before God and celibacy before marriage is the only way to do that in His eyes.

Homosexuality is looked at as
  • shameful
  • perversion
  • the abandoned of natural relations (in other words, it's unnatural)
  • indecent
  • a depraved mind
  • futile thinking
  • sexual impurity
  • sexually immoral
if the truth of God's Word means anything....anymore.
Quote:
I'm just trying to understand why homosexuality would be an abomination in God's eyes, that's all.
When the truth is exchanged for a lie, somethings are not understandable anymore. I don't want to think that you are decieved, but God's Word is very specific. They're not going to be UR by some non- accountable, let everybody come in God that has no demands. God has a TOS (terms of salvation)

1 Corinthians 6:8-10
"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God?
Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Last edited by twin.spin; 10-20-2010 at 06:15 PM..

Old 10-20-2010, 06:10 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,425,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
God intended for sexual relations between 1 man and 1 women \ husband and wife. Anything else is calling something evil.."good".

Woe to those who call evil - "good" and good - "evil".

Homosexuality is looked at as
  • shameful
  • perversion
  • the abandoned of natural relations (in other words, it's unnatural)
  • indecent
  • a depraved mind
  • futile thinking
  • sexual impurity
  • sexually immoral

When the truth is exchanged for a lie, somethings are not understandable anymore. You are decieved..........They're not going to be UR. God has a TOS (terms of salvation)

1 Corinthians 6:8-10
"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God?
Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."
GREAT post!!! Heterosexual sex before marriage should never happen, and homosexual sex should NEVER happen.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:17 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,268,076 times
Quote:
Agreed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity