Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 06:12 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Illuminate means show you what is really there . . . not what merely appears to be there . . . otherwise it wouldn't be "illuminating."
Agreed. I thought that was understood.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:13 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What motivates people to discredit another person's passion for the word of God?
I was wondering the same thing. Why the need to call fellow believers names?

Old 01-27-2011, 06:24 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Thanks Finn. We are sanctified through the word of God.
The only thing that we take into heaven from this earth is his word that dwells in our hearts.
Yes, twin.spin, His word it is utmost for His highest..... for us !!
  • Your word is very pure,Therefore Your servant loves it. (119:140)
  • You are my hiding place and my shield; I wait for Your word.(119:114)
And it is very important that the word of God is planted in the heart.....
  • How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Your word. (Ps.119:9)

How would anyone know Him, without His word to which He explains to us in how we are to follow Him and His will in/for our lives.....
  • He who gives attention to the word will find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.(Pro.16:20)
  • Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left. (Isa.30:21)

Praise the Lord if it were not for His Holy Spirit, our Helper whom Jesus promise to us Whom plants the word deep in the hearts to bring back to our remembrance what Jesus has spoken to the believers through the word.
  • Establish Your word to Your servant, as that which produces reverence for You. (Ps.119:38)
It guides, protects, teaches us His truth......
  • May Your lovingkindnesses also come to me, O LORD, Your salvation according to Your word;So I will have an answer for him who reproaches me, for I trust in Your word. (Ps.119:41-42
  • Let my cry come before You, O LORD; Give me understanding according to Your word.(Ps.119:169)
It cleanses all that is not of Him from our sinful carnal lives....
  • Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You. (Ps. 119:11)
SO....
  • He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. (Ps. 107:20) amen !!
......gives the believer hope......
  • Remember the word to Your servant, in which You have made me hope. (Ps.119:49)
It comforts our hearts.....
  • O may Your lovingkindness comfort me, according to Your word to Your servant. (Ps.119:76)
He speaks It to our hearts to discern against false teachers and the error of their ways with all their lies against His truth.
  • As for the deeds of men, by the word of Your lips I have kept from the paths of the violent. (Ps.17:4)
  • In God, whose word I praise, in God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid what can mere man do to me? (Ps.56:4)
  • As for God, His way is blameless;The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. (Ps.18:30)

His word is more necessary then food for our bodies.....
  • "I have not departed from the command of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food. (Job 23:12)
  • But He answered and said, "It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.'" (Matt.4:4)

It encourages the heart when weary....
  • This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your word has revived me. (Ps.119:50)
  • Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down, but a good word makes it glad. (Prov.12:25)
It most definitely is the GPS for the Christian life here on earth in our journey toward home....
  • Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. (Ps.119:105)
AMEN....

Old 01-27-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
We can narrow it down very quickly if you're looking for excuses:

Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Amen.....
Psalm 19
The Works and the Word of God.
For the choir director. A Psalm of David.
1.The heavens are telling of the glory of God;
And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
2.Day to day pours forth speech,
And night to night reveals knowledge.
3.There is no speech, nor are there words;
Their voice is not heard.
4.Their line has gone out through all the earth,
And their utterances to the end of the world
In them He has placed a tent for the sun,
5.Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber;
It rejoices as a strong man to run his course.
6.Its rising is from one end of the heavens,
And its circuit to the other end of them;
And there is nothing hidden from its heat

Another one is those who believe in ALL will be reconcile, yet they say, what about those who never had a bible, or the word preached to them....

Isn't that doubting the power and sovereignty of God that He is not capable of touching the heart of men before they die here, now ?? Didn't Jesus say, O, ye of little faith !!

I believe God can go to the remotest places of this earth that another human being can not to reach that last one....
Hearing the testimonies of missionaries encourages the heart to know our God will touch those that man can never get too !!
I've experienced and seen Him go into the most evilest, darkest places, places where angels will not tread and touch the souls of men.... why other's doubt that there are people He has never reached is beyond me !!
Yet, we do read in His word they will be/are without excuse... ALL men have seen the glory of God, amen !

Old 01-27-2011, 07:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post

• How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Your word. (Ps.119:9)

How would anyone know Him, without His word to which He explains to us in how we are to follow Him and His will in/for our lives.....

• He who gives attention to the word will find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.(Pro.16:20)

• Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left. (Isa.30:21)

Praise the Lord if it were not for His Holy Spirit, our Helper whom Jesus promise to us Whom plants the word deep in the hearts to bring back to our remembrance what Jesus has spoken to the believers through the word.

• Establish Your word to Your servant, as that which produces reverence for You. (Ps.119:38)

• May Your lovingkindnesses also come to me, O LORD, Your salvation according to Your word;So I will have an answer for him who reproaches me, for I trust in Your word. (Ps.119:41-42
  • Let my cry come before You, O LORD; Give me understanding according to Your word.(Ps.119:169)
  • Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You. (Ps. 119:11)
SO....

• He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. (Ps. 107:20) amen !!

• Remember the word to Your servant, in which You have made me hope. (Ps.119:49)

• O may Your lovingkindness comfort me, according to Your word to Your servant. (Ps.119:76)
He speaks It to our hearts to discern against false teachers and the error of their ways with all their lies against His truth.

• As for the deeds of men, by the word of Your lips I have kept from the paths of the violent. (Ps.17:4)

• In God, whose word I praise, in God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid what can mere man do to me? (Ps.56:4)
  • As for God, His way is blameless;The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. (Ps.18:30)

• "I have not departed from the command of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food. (Job 23:12)

• But He answered and said, "It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.'" (Matt.4:4)

• This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your word has revived me. (Ps.119:50)

• Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down, but a good word makes it glad. (Prov.12:25)
It most definitely is the GPS for the Christian life here on earth in our journey toward home....

AMEN....
Amen

Old 01-27-2011, 07:42 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post

SO....

AMEN....
CM,
Did you convert to Islam??

Blessings,
brian

Old 01-27-2011, 07:45 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What motivates people to discredit another person's passion for the word of God?
Finn,

The point is, Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh, not the B-I-B-L-E. Afterall, there was a large portion of time in the last several thousand years when there was no bible (66 books). And that the fundamentalists pretend that those 66 books are THE WORD of GOD, rather than understanding that Christ is the LIVING WORD is the reason why to the question you have posed. It is that many "bible thumpers" are such hypocrites that motivates some people to discredit those who mistake the B-I-B-L-E for the Living Word. I have said that as clearly as I know how.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
CM,
Did you convert to Islam??

Blessings,
brian
LOL.... sorry, but how did you come too that conclusion ???

Old 01-27-2011, 08:05 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Finn,

The point is, Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh, not the B-I-B-L-E. Afterall, there was a large portion of time in the last several thousand years when there was no bible (66 books). And that the fundamentalists pretend that those 66 books are THE WORD of GOD, rather than understanding that Christ is the LIVING WORD is the reason why to the question you have posed. It is that many "bible thumpers" are such hypocrites that motivates some people to discredit those who mistake the B-I-B-L-E for the Living Word. I have said that as clearly as I know how.
Amen Heartsong, this is why the church as been dead for centuries. It's "Christ in us"and not "the bible in us" that means anything,and it's by Christ in us(being Christ minded)that we partake of the life of God .

Old 01-27-2011, 08:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Finn,

Pretend? So you do not believe the Bible is the word of God. Well, that is your opinon and I disagree. I believe that the Bible is the word of God, and that Christ gave us the Holy Spirit to help us understand what God reveals to us through the Bible and through prayer.

I have never heard any 'fundamentalist' claim what you just said. They say Christ is the living word, and the Bible is the word of God. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Let me ask you this though: why do you keep quoting from the Bible, if you believe it is just writings of men, and not the word of God? I see people attack others for believing Bible is the word of God, yet the very same people quote the Bible every day? Don't quote it if you don't believe in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.