Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:15 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times

Advertisements

I find it very interesting that Israel's President is
defending a dictator such as Hosni Mubarak. Of course they do have in common that they have no regard for the rights
of the people. Both of them are brutal power elites. Quite honestly, I fear for President Obama's safety.
Israel Urges World to Curb Criticism of Egypt's Mubarak | CommonDreams.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 07:48 AM

138 posts, read 163,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
defending a dictator such as Hosni Mubarak. Of course they do have in common that they have no regard for the rights
of the people. Both of them are brutal power elites. Quite honestly, I fear for President Obama's safety.

An antichrist is anyone who uses the words of God for their own benefit to control people and make money off of them. These are usually lazy and greedy people who figure out a better way to make a living.

All the priests, pastors, ministers, chaplains, teachers, preachers and evangelists in Christianity are antichrists and false prophets. None of them are anything like the saints who preached the true gospel.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:52 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
no offense to you, just making a point.

Why do believers continually say "anti-Christ" in the singular?

1Jn 2:18 . Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Then we have the verse that explains all there is to know about the anti-christ.

1Jn 2:26 These [things] have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

This is not about someone who has no background concerning a belief in Jesus Christ, this is about those who profess a belief concerning what Christ stands for and who tells us to look else where.

The anti-Christ is among us in churches saying you have to believe the "pastor" that you have to say a "sinners prayer" who denies Love is the root nature of God. They are among us telling to listen to this evangelist and this writer or that person for "he" has the truth rather than pointing you in the direction of the almighty just as Jesus did. They are among us telling us that these people are gifted and speak the truth, some even point to themselves claiming God has given them the right to tell all people that what they say is the truth and you need to come under their study to be godly.

Jesus walking the earth still pointed people to the Father, towards LOVE.

The anti-Christ is not some world leader, he's right next to you in a pew sometimes.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:00 AM

138 posts, read 163,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
no offense to you, just making a point.

Why do believers continually say "anti-Christ" in the singular?

1Jn 2:18 . Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Then we have the verse that explains all there is to know about the anti-christ.

1Jn 2:26 These [things] have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

This is not about someone who has no background concerning a belief in Jesus Christ, this is about those who profess a belief concerning what Christ stands for and who tells us to look else where.

The anti-Christ is among us in churches saying you have to believe the "pastor" that you have to say a "sinners prayer" who denies Love is the root nature of God. They are among us telling to listen to this evangelist and this writer or that person for "he" has the truth rather than pointing you in the direction of the almighty just as Jesus did. They are among us telling us that these people are gifted and speak the truth, some even point to themselves claiming God has given them the right to tell all people that what they say is the truth and you need to come under their study to be godly.

Jesus walking the earth still pointed people to the Father, towards LOVE.

The anti-Christ is not some world leader, he's right next to you in a pew sometimes.

All of Christianity steers people away from the true Christ, who is a spirit, not someone in the flesh.

[SIZE=4]John 6
[/SIZE]63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Anyone who preaches to you from the flesh is an antichrist. They have no idea who God is so they use their own interpretations of the scriptures that have no truth in them. They lie to themselves and everyone they teach with these false interpretations.

Everything Jesus and us saints preach is from the spirit of God but God can use the scriptures to admonish and rebuke the lies of Christians. Jesus used some scriptures to rebuke the lies of the Jewish Pharisees but he didn't have to preach the gospel from the scriptures. All the words he used were inspired by God.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:29 AM

I don't necessarily disagree with either of you. I started this thread as a knee jerk reaction to the notion in another thread that Obama is THE anti-Christ.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Mubarak is friendly towards Israel which is not common in the Arab world. Of course Israel likes Mubarak, and always has. They even gave the Sinai desert back to Egypt.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:08 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhulk View Post
An antichrist is anyone who uses the words of God for their own benefit to control people and make money off of them. These are usually lazy and greedy people who figure out a better way to make a living.

All (Most of) the priests, pastors, ministers, chaplains, teachers, preachers and evangelists in Christianity are antichrists and false prophets. None of them are anything like the saints who preached the true gospel.
Good post but I must correct a little word. There are many out their who do these jobs and expect no compensation, admitedly they are few and far between but they are out their. My pastor works another job and his wife does as well and they are the most giving people I know.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:44 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,887,255 times
There was a time I would have sworn that a former boss of mine was THE anti-Christ...

Bud

Old 02-01-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Mubarak is friendly towards Israel which is not common in the Arab world. Of course Israel likes Mubarak, and always has. They even gave the Sinai desert back to Egypt.
Yes, there is that. I do believe that the scripture about Jesus separating his sheep from his goats is being literally fulfilled at this time. Note that both the sheep and the goats belong to the one who is separating them. It is about dividing the nations up before the battle of Armageddon IMO. But I'm getting off topic, so I'll just leave it there.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:12 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Yes, there is that. I do believe that the scripture about Jesus separating his sheep from his goats is being literally fulfilled at this time. Note that both the sheep and the goats belong to the one who is separating them. It is about dividing the nations up before the battle of Armageddon IMO. But I'm getting off topic, so I'll just leave it there.
I think Mubarak just announced he will not seek re-election. I pray the Egyptians will find the wisdom to elect a good leader. If Egypt slips in the hands of radical Islamists, then it will have a world wide effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity