Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 11:55 AM

264 posts, read 351,069 times

Advertisements

Main Entry:an*ti
Pronunciation:*an-*t*, -t*
Function:noun
Inflected Form lural antis
: one who is opposed

So we see from above that the word ANTI means to be against or one who is opposed, OPPOSITE

Now who is CHRIST? Let's see who the Bible says he is
John 1:14
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
KJV

Humm, it calls Jesus THE WORD, even the THE WORD OF LIFE. So, if anti means ONE WHO OPPOSES and Christ is THE WORD. If you put it together you get
ONE WHO OPPOSES THE WORD= Anti-Christ

So anyone who CAN NOT ACCEPT THE WORD OF GOD as the WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, is NOT OF GOD, they are of AN ANTI-CHRIST spirit. I don't care how much they claim to LOVE JESUS, if they don't receive the Word to indwell them HE WILL NOT KNOW THEM.

Matt 7:21-24
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
KJV

Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 12-06-2013 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 12:57 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
G473
??????
anti
an-tee'
A primary particle; opposite, that is, instead or because of (rarely in addition to): - for, in the room of. Often used in composition to denote contrast, requital, substitution, correspondence, etc.
Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries

In literal translations "anti" is translated as "instead." So anti combined with Christ would be Instead-christ.

It is someone who comes instead of Christ as if they are the anointed.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:51 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Scriptures speak of two classifications of anti Christ:

1) plural of applications
some of the teachings of these liars include
  • "They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods," 1 Timothy 4:3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) singular application
this singular application is one who is an "instead of" as Strongs dictionary explains
God's Word teaches that "the Anti Christ" is "the man of lawlessness" 2 Thessalonians 2:3
comes from within Christianity
  • "he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God." 2 Thessalonians 2:4
remains for the entire NT period of history
  • "For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work;" 2 Thessalonians 2:7
    • remains until
  • the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:7
thus this "Anti Christ" is not a singular person per say since it's been two centuries since his power is at work, but an office \ position that endures for many many generations.
And for the most part this office \ position will not be recognized as "the antichrist" for it remain cloaked for many:
but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, 2 Thessalonians 2:7
Conclusion:
Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 12-06-2013 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: Am sorry I had to delete your conclusion, but it is offensive to Catholic members who post on this subforum.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:41 PM

63,804 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Default What does it mean, Anti-Christ?

It means the opposite of Christ . . . which would be all OT descriptions of God and His motives. Christ embodied the TRUE NATURE of God in opposition to the savage and barbaric beliefs about God in the OT. This makes the majority of hell-fire Christian churches anti-Christ. They have rejected Christ's message of love and replaced it with the savage and barbaric notions of appeasement by blood sacrifice to a vengeful eternally tormenting God. They represent the great apostasy that would encompass the majority in the latter days. 2000+ years later is definitely the latter days. So we are seeing the apostasy of the anti-Christ in the majority, IMO.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:53 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Seen this spirit of antichrist some years ago , through the spirit when praying the blood of Jesus authority of believers , as he had a goat head with a goat-tee beard , and two horns , and he comes as the son of the beast , and at one time he said `your a good friend to me ` Just like Jesus said to His disciples in the Word of God ............. Jesus Holy Spirit then took this fallen angel spirit down and away , but there are many just like it in the high places realm ...............See this spirit is rejected by Jesus because it will manipulate people to reason out faith in Jesus promises away , and it will manipulate people to reason out grace of God , and will manipulate people to reject the commands that Jesus told His disciples to obey like `love the Lord and love the neighbor `............. he can manipulate or deceive people to reject Jesus Holy Spirit , and Jesus Word and belief in Jesus ..................... One day before Jesus second coming he will have dominion in the earth through millions of people , not just to one person that some people predict , who will reject the poor, disabled, elderly, all religious people , where Jesus will come in the spirit and remove this authority from the earth

Old 12-06-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Seen this spirit of antichrist some years ago , through the spirit when praying the blood of Jesus authority of believers , as he had a goat head with a goat-tee beard , and two horns , and he comes as the son of the beast , and at one time he said `your a good friend to me ` Just like Jesus said to His disciples in the Word of God ............. Jesus Holy Spirit then took this fallen angel spirit down and away , but there are many just like it in the high places realm ...............See this spirit is rejected by Jesus because it will manipulate people to reason out faith in Jesus promises away , and it will manipulate people to reason out grace of God , and will manipulate people to reject the commands that Jesus told His disciples to obey like `love the Lord and love the neighbor `............. he can manipulate or deceive people to reject Jesus Holy Spirit , and Jesus Word and belief in Jesus ..................... One day before Jesus second coming he will have dominion in the earth through millions of people , not just to one person that some people predict , who will reject the poor, disabled, elderly, all religious people , where Jesus will come in the spirit and remove this authority from the earth

See God hates SIN, and sin is the reason that man is diseased, sick, poverty stricken, famine, broken homes and all sorts of torment in life. God sent His Son not to just cover up sin while man continues a life of sin, But to TAKE AWAY THE SINS OF THE WORLD so they don't do them anymore.
The Word is OUR TEACHER OUR DOCTOR OF THE LAW that not only gave us EXAMPLE when he said GO AND SIN NO MORE LEAST A GREATER THINGS COME UPON YOU!

God never changes, we must restrain from living sinful lives using the GRACE of God that He was kind and caring enough to give us MORE TIME TO COME UP TO MEASURE IN CHRIST, for we came up SHORT. So He sent His Son to pay the debt and is in the process of CLEANING US UP.. IF we are walking in Him.
We couldn't do it in ourselves but with Christ working WITH US we can overcome our sinful nature.

Saved and chosen to inherit the kingdom of God are two different things, After all, the kingdom does need servants to work for them RIGHT? We shall all reap what we have sown that is a promise of God!
Store your treasures in heaven for the things we have now will rot away or left to another.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It means the opposite of Christ . . . which would be all OT descriptions of God and His motives. Christ embodied the TRUE NATURE of God in opposition to the savage and barbaric beliefs about God in the OT. This makes the majority of hell-fire Christian churches anti-Christ. They have rejected Christ's message of love and replaced it with the savage and barbaric notions of appeasement by blood sacrifice to a vengeful eternally tormenting God. They represent the great apostasy that would encompass the majority in the latter days. 2000+ years later is definitely the latter days. So we are seeing the apostasy of the anti-Christ in the majority, IMO.
Excuse me, but isn't the Love of God His Son? And isn't His Son called THE WORD? Didn't God send us His Word to teach us how to love others as in THOU SHALT NOT LIE, CHEAT, STEAL, COMMIT FORNICATION, ADULTERY and any other act that will cause harm or loss to another?

1 John 5:3-4
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
KJV

If you have faith in Christ, then you must have faith in God's Word for Jesus would NEVER teach you to OPPOSE IT!

Hopefully you don't have a problem with any of these WORDS OF GOD trying to twist them to say that I SAID THEM:
Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to

stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall

answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.

27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
KJV

Gal 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
KJV
Rev 3:5-6
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
KJV
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
KJV

Old 12-06-2013, 04:41 PM

What I really find ironic, is the same people that are saying we are to walk in love, are the same people that believe we are to go to war and KILL OUR BROTHER'S IN CHRIST AND ANYONE WITH THEM that this is ok with God because it is for A GOOD REASON they BELIEVE.

I say hate evil, don't return evil for evil, but when those who like to live in darkness REJECT the Word of God you must turn from them. Doesn't mean you just watch them starve or laugh at their torment for God can turn that on you. It is not the least bit funny that men suffer because they reject the love of God to live by. They like evil more than their own souls or their children or their life. And there is nothing that we can do for them. But God WILL NOT REWARD EVIL DEEDS with BLESSINGS. They reap what they have sown!

I think that we need to RETHINK what the LOVE OF GOD REALLY IS!

Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 12-06-2013 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 12-06-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
G473
??????
anti
an-tee'
A primary particle; opposite, that is, instead or because of (rarely in addition to): - for, in the room of. Often used in composition to denote contrast, requital, substitution, correspondence, etc.
Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries

In literal translations "anti" is translated as "instead." So anti combined with Christ would be Instead-christ.

It is someone who comes instead of Christ as if they are the anointed.

It is anyone who can not HEAR the Word of God because it OFFENDS them. All you have to do is TEST the spirit of a man. If you bring up the subject of Jesus and begin to speak the Word of God they will either love you for it and chime in with you(Good sign) or HATE YOU FOR IT and tell you to shut up, or change the subject or fall asleep, or even go as far as to physically harm you. For they are NOT OF GOD!!! They are of an anti-Christ spirit and THE WORD IS PURE TORMENT TO THEM.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:27 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
Main Entry:an*ti
Pronunciation:*an-*t*, -t*
Function:noun
Inflected Form lural antis
: one who is opposed

So we see from above that the word ANTI means to be against or one who is opposed, OPPOSITE

Now who is CHRIST? Let's see who the Bible says he is
John 1:14
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
KJV

Humm, it calls Jesus THE WORD, even the THE WORD OF LIFE. So, if anti means ONE WHO OPPOSES and Christ is THE WORD. If you put it together you get
ONE WHO OPPOSES THE WORD= Anti-Christ

So anyone who CAN NOT ACCEPT THE WORD OF GOD as the WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, is NOT OF GOD, they are of AN ANTI-CHRIST spirit. I don't care how much they claim to LOVE JESUS, if they don't receive the Word to indwell them HE WILL NOT KNOW THEM.

KJV
They are false Christians who pervert the word of God. Once our brothers.

ASV 1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour: and as ye heard that antichrist cometh, even now have there arisen many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they all are not of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity