Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 04:07 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times

Advertisements

What it boils down to is that everyone is in need of a Savior as there is none righteous,no not one. We can't save ourselves obviously as there is no one without sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 04:55 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Spiritual awakening is available to any who seek G-d, and Christianity is not the only way. Hearts can be changed and they are. It is the biggest insult to G-d to say your way is the only way.
It's not my way, it's God's.

Quote:
His covenant with the Jewish people still exists even thought Christians would like to say it doesn't.
I don't know any Christian's who say that. In fact, it's just the opposite. We have become joint heirs to the promises God made to Abraham.

Quote:
It is really sad that in order to build up your belief you need to tear down anothers. Jesus was also part of the covenant of the Jewish people. The fabric, destiny, past and present, and never ending.
Tearing down? So, having an opinion different from someone elses is "tearing down?"

Quote:
He was part of that fabric, he was part of the covenant.
I never said He wasn't.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Not true, I have paid someones electric bill as a surprise, a total gift and they didn't have to accept the fact that I did it.

Yes, but they still had to let you. They could've insisted on paying you back and that would have been refusing the gift.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:51 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Stillkit you are amazing, thank you, you have actually done my job for me, again Thank you your words are so uplifting.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:49 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Dearest sparrow,

Your love of all of us and your understanding of God comes through loud and clear in your posts. Do not pay any mind to the voices of "Bad News" with their doom and gloom about "unclean filthy rags" and babies "sinful from birth." Evil was definitely rampant among our savage ancestors and our species was completely separated from God because of it. But the "Good News" is . . . Jesus Christ's death and rebirth as Spirit changed the status of EVERY human being . . . our entire species. His Holy Spirit joined our collective human consciousness and He abides with ALL of us ever since.

By joining His perfection to our imperfect consciousnesses . . . He connected ALL human beings to God. This removed our species separation from God and is what enables the purifying fire of God to "refine" even those who died before Jesus or without knowledge of Jesus. Evil today results from rejecting the inner promptings of His Holy Spirit within . . . and needs to be "refined out" of our cumulative consciousness (life experiences) . . . either by repentance in this life (remorse and "retuning" our mind to "love of God and each other") or when we die and are reborn as Spirit . . . in the consuming and refining fire of God.

Sparrow . . . do not let the believers in the "Bad News" of ancient ignorance or their criticisms mar your love for God and each of us and your understanding of the "Good News." Pray that God will open their hearts so they will reject their benighted ancient beliefs in the "precepts and doctrines of men" and accept the truth about God's love for us all.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Twin I do believe God's word.. It is written in my heart now and goes above and beyond what He has shown me in many of the scriptures. Many of the scriptures fed me the milk for many years, but recognizing and listening to the Holy Spirit within myself has fed me the meat..

There came a time when I knew it was time for me to put aside the arguing, the debating, the quoting, the studying, the commentaries and the sermons of man and focus on Him and His desires of what His will was for my life and for those who are in my life or just passing through my life.
God never tells anyone something different from what's in His word. If whatever you're listening to contradicts His word, it's not from Him.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:50 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
God never tells anyone something different from what's in His word. If whatever you're listening to contradicts His word, it's not from Him.
You are referring to the word "written in ink" . . . but the true living Word of God is Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit abides with us within our consciousness and interprets what God has "written in our hearts." When we sincerely use our heart and the "mind of Christ" the veil of ignorance is removed and we are led to the truth of God's love as displayed and taught by Jesus.

2 Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)

2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

1 John 2:27 (King James Version)

27But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

2 Corinthians 3:14-17

But their minds were blindedblind mind = ignorance) for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it (the Heart) shall turn to the Lord(Jesus), the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:42 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
The very title of this thread speaks of a corrupt mind. This whole thread is disgusting and depressing. The continual focus on evil is, I believe, the result of a reprobate mind given over to depravity. Obviously, there IS evil. It is the universal enemy of mankind. The whole world has gone spiritually insane.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:47 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
Nope. While my sense of humor (and therefore a small part of my personality) may be a little bit twisted or warped, I cause no harm to others psychologically or physically or whatever.. then again, you must "define" evil.

Just trying to be a good person without stepping on anyone's toes.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:39 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Yes, but they still had to let you. They could've insisted on paying you back and that would have been refusing the gift.
-But boy will they be surpised when they get to the bank!!

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity