Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 08:50 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
PCAMPS, my question to you was rather easy to discern, and straight forward, your trying to change my question to something I didn't ask you which presents the straw man fallacy. Here is the original question:

PCAMPS, if someone judges righteously, do you agree that they will be met with the same righteous judgement? If so, then again, how can you claim that nobody should judge?
No i do not agree, i thought i made that quite clear throughout this thread. You are not hearing what the scriptures are saying, you think it is saying if we judge righteously that will be meted back to us.What Jesus is saying is do not judge, then goes on to warn us when we judge, the same judgement will come back upon us. There is no mention of righteous judgement throughout the discourse of Jesus teaching about judging, you are adding it in there.

Judging righteously is being what you want your brother to be.You will never turn your brother unless you walk before him by being to him what you want him to be. You will also never be to him what you want him to be while you behold the speck of dust in his eye.I'm thinking this is to hard for you to understand trettep, what i'm saying to you are words of life, not a belief.

Last edited by pcamps; 04-20-2011 at 09:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 09:09 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No i do not agree, i thought i made that quite clear throught this thread. You are not hearing what the scriptures are saying, you think it is saying if we judge righteously that will be meted back to us.What Jesus is saying is do not judge, then goes on to warn us when we judge, the same judgement will come back upon us. There is no mention of righteous judgement throughout the discourse of Jesus teaching about judging, you are adding it in there.

Judging righteously is being what you want your brother to be.You will never turn your brother unless you walk before him by being to him what you want him to be. You will also never be to him what you want him to be while you behold the speck of dust in his eye.I'm thinking this is to hard for you to understand trettep, what i'm saying to you are words of life, not a belief.
Ok, so your answer is NO that righteous judgement will be met with the same judgement.

Obviously, God says in His Word different than what your preaching, see here:

Lev 19:15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Deu 1:16 And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

Here is a begging to be Judged by God:

Psa 7:8 The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me

Jesus Himself says to Judge Righteous Judgement:

Joh 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:53 AM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceilinglamp View Post
Consent isn't required to be helped. What if someone raked your leaves or shoveled your driveway when you were not at home (without your consent) ?
Why do you ASSume that they would consider that help and not trespassing? That is arrogant and presumptuous. It indicates a complete lack of concern about what the neighbor would think or want in favor of what you think or want. This is one of the biggest flaws of the religious . . . placing their wishes above what others might wish . . . by not even asking or looking for their consent.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure it does. That's exactly what it talks about.
Since I don't see it in there . . . could you specifically point it out to me, Finn?

Old 04-20-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Lev 19:15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Deu 1:16 And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.
OT ancient ignorance.
Quote:
Psa 7:8 The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me
How does asking God to judge you become permission for trettep to judge you? Have you become God without telling us, trettep?
Quote:
This says nothing about judging PEOPLE, trettep . . . why do you assume it does? How do you KNOW it doesn't mean judge "Good and Evil" righteously?

Old 04-20-2011, 11:02 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why do you ASSume that they would consider that help and not trespassing? That is arrogant and presumptuous. It indicates a complete lack of concern about what the neighbor would think or want in favor of what you think or want. This is one of the biggest flaws of the religious . . . placing their wishes above what others might wish . . . by not even asking or looking for their consent.
It's like our neighbor who insists on feeding our dog various "treats" even though we've asked him not to. We just had to explain to him, once again, that our dog gets ILL when he eats off his diet. Bless his well-intentioned heart ... he thinks he's being kind, but he just can't seem to get that he doesn't know what's best for OUR dog and he does harm when he means to help.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
OT ancient ignorance. How does asking God to judge you become permission for trettep to judge you? Have you become God without telling us, trettep?This says nothing about judging PEOPLE, trettep . . . why do you assume it does? How do you KNOW it doesn't mean judge "Good and Evil" righteously?
If God is in me via His Spirit then the power to Judge and all other power of God resides in me as well and the same to all that believe. Judging is always judging people for people are known by their personality/being which is evidenced in their behavior which is manifested in good and evil.

If you say to me that you think it is wrong for me to Judge then you just Judged me because that belief resides in me. Now if your judgement is wrong then you didn't judge righteously.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Since I don't see it in there . . . could you specifically point it out to me, Finn?
teaching, rebuking, correcting and training = righteous judgment when done in the right spirit and motive.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
teaching, rebuking, correcting and training = righteous judgment when done in the right spirit and motive.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:39 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Ok, so your answer is NO that righteous judgement will be met with the same judgement.

Obviously, God says in His Word different than what your preaching, see here:

It's obvious you do not have a clue what righteous judgement is trettep.Your whole zeal is to remove the speck of dust in your brothers eye, how sad is that. Don't forget Jesus did not say to the brother with the speck of dust in his eye,go take the beam out your brothers eye, why do you think he never said that ?, do you not see the hypocisy from where you are coming from ?.

In a nutshell you are saying the guy with a beam in his eye who is also blind due to that beam in his eye somehow see's the speck of dust in his brothers eye, and Jesus is instructing the beam eyed guy to remove the said beam, so he can take out the speck of dust in his brothers eye which he couldn't see there in the first place due to the beam in his own eye blinding his vision, and the brother with the speck of dust in his eye gets no instruction from Jesus whatsoever about removing the beam from the brother with the beam in his eye.. Do you see how pathetc this sounds trettep ?. No wonder the world rejects christendom. What you subscribe to is judgement by appearance, but to justify it, you call it righteous judgement.I'm not having any of it. You are making a rod for your back by your persistance that God wants you removing the speck of dust in your brothers eye.

Open thy mouth, judge righteously, Both the cause of the poor and needy!'Proverbs 31:9
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity