Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 31 55.36%
I don't believe that Jesus is the word of God! 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 02:23 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,406,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I do not have to believe it. I am saved. But then again, if UR is true, then no one has to believe it.

If you run into a verse which contradicts 200 other verses in the Bible, you might want to do some research as opposed to taking the UR high priest's word for it.
You misunderstand UR.
Everyone "has to" and will effectually believe in Jesus for salvation according to God's perfect timing for each individual. Physical death will be no hindrance to that happening.

Verses that seem to contradict "God will have all mankind to be saved" are associated with the timing of salvation, not the idea that it will never occur.

God will have all mankind to be saved.
I believe that!

Old 07-13-2011, 02:42 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,191 times
Quote:
, if UR is true, then no one has to believe it.
Which UR are you talking about? Christian Universalism makes no such statement.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:45 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
You misunderstand UR.
Everyone "has to" and will effectually believe in Jesus for salvation according to God's perfect timing for each individual. Physical death will be no hindrance to that happening.

Verses that seem to contradict "God will have all mankind to be saved" are associated with the timing of salvation, not the idea that it will never occur.

God will have all mankind to be saved.
I believe that!
Well, it sure is strange such important message is not made clear in the Bible, while the opposing view, which you say is a lie, is repeated 200 times so no one could misunderstand See, this is the reason why URs insist that the Bible is not the word of God. It is far too incovenient for them. It refutes the UR teaching in far too many ways.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-13-2011 at 05:21 PM..

Old 07-13-2011, 05:06 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,191 times
Quote:
Well, it sure it strange such important message is not made clear in the Bible, while the opposing view, which you say is a lie, is repeated 200 times so no one could misunderstand See, this is the reason why URs insist that the Bible is not the word of God. It is far too incovenient for them. It refutes the UR teaching in far too many ways.
And yet there are Christian Universalists that believe the bible is the word of God and that contradicts your assertion.

The bible does not refute Christian Universalism it is supported by scripture, context and interpretation just like a hoard of other doctrines.

As soon as people realize they can't absolutely prove their interpretations to be correct, including you, the sooner arguments can stop being full of fallacy and strawman from all sides and realize there is only one common thread that binds us all together.

Love, not doctrine.

Love your neighbor as thyself

it's so simple even an atheist will agree with that much.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:19 PM

Exclamation God will have all men to be saved

Quote:
Well, it sure it strange such important message is not made clear in the Bible, while the opposing view, which you say is a lie, is repeated 200 times so no one could misunderstand See, this is the reason why URs insist that the Bible is not the word of God. It is far too incovenient for them. It refutes the UR teaching in far too many ways.
During my 72 years I have known many dozens of URs, but I don't know even one of them who doesn't believe the Bible is the word of God.

God will have all men to be saved.
IMO Timothy couldn't have made it any clearer than that.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
During my 72 years I have known many dozens of URs, but I don't know even one of them who doesn't believe the Bible is the word of God.
If you believe it, then you are the only ur on this board who does.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
If you believe it, then you are the only ur on this board who does.
Name one UR on this board who doesn't believe the Bible is the word of God, and prove it with their say so.

Timothy believed it.
So do I.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Name one UR on this board who doesn't believe the Bible is the word of God, and prove it with their say so.

Timothy believed it.
So do I.
Ask them. They will tell you the Bible is "old manna", "stories written by men", and that people who think it is the word of God, are "Bibleans" and "book worshippers".

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

Old 07-13-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Ask them. They will tell you the Bible is "old manna", "stories written by men", and that people who think it is the word of God, are "Bibleans" and "book worshippers".
Which UR member said that?

Timothy believed that, and I believe that, and as far as I know all the URs on this board believe that is the word of God.

Last edited by rodgertutt; 07-13-2011 at 06:05 PM..

Old 07-13-2011, 05:58 PM

5,576 posts, read 6,503,361 times
I cannot answer this poll because if God's will is to save ALL people, then it will come to pass. And Christ fails at nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity