Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in UR, ET, annihilation
UR - Universal Reconciliation 26 59.09%
ET - Eternal Torment 7 15.91%
Annihilation 4 9.09%
other (please explain by post) 7 15.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 04:15 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That does not answer the question. It is ok to say "I really don't know" when you don't know.
I have made it absolutely unequivocally clear to you, that you are not punished beyond the grave for what you have reaped in this life.

God read Deuteronomy 28, if you want a little undertanding about sowing and reaping.

Do you really think it would be just to make someone suffer or punish them for the same thing twice ?.

Let me guess "His ways are higher than ours"

Old 09-26-2011, 04:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Finn Jarber what does this verse of scripture mean to you ?
If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.

Psalm 130:3-4.Who is keeping record ? God or Christianity ?
God. An all knowing God is obviously a better record keeper than "Christianity". I have not heard of "Christianity" even attempting to keep record of people's sins.

How does the poem start? Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy. The author cries out to God for mercy, and he receives mercy because it is God's promise to save those who will accept his mercy. The records of the believers are wiped clean. The truth is that no unbeliever will be able to stand when the books are opened. Do not be fooled into thinking God doesn't know about our sins.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-26-2011 at 04:28 PM..

Old 09-26-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I have made it absolutely unequivocally clear to you, that you are not punished beyond the grave for what you have reaped in this life.
That is not what I asked. The Bible does not talk about your double jeopardy theory, but it is besides the point because that is not what I asked.

Quote:
when you say there is concequence for sin, you mean you pay the concequence in this life, and there is nothing unpleasant on the other side of the grave? Maybe some correction, and education, but nothing to worry about. Right? This is what I am trying to understand.
Assume that you die in unbelief, and you had committed 10 sins in your life, and reaped the consequences for 3 of them before you died. OK? Now, are you saying you will not have to answer for the other 7 (and the matter of rejection of God) on the other side of the grave, other than by some correction, and education?

Old 09-26-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
That is not what I asked. The Bible does not talk about your double jeopardy theory, but it is besides the point because that is not what I asked.

Assume that you die in unbelief, and you had committed 10 sins in your life, and reaped the consequences for 3 of them before you died. OK? Now, are you saying you will not have to answer for the other 7 (and the matter of rejection of God) on the other side of the grave, other than by some correction, and education?
God is not mocked a man reaps what he sows. If you are counting sin,guess what ?. I really hope your theory of sin being counted is scriptual .

This question is for you Finn.. what does this verse of scripture mean to you ? ...If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.Psalm 130:3-4.

Who is keeping record ? God or Christianity ?

Old 09-26-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
God is not mocked a man reaps what he sows. If you are counting sin,guess what ?. I really hope your theory of sin being counted is scriptual .

This question is for you Finn.. what does this verse of scripture mean to you ? ...If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.Psalm 130:3-4.

Who is keeping record ? God or Christianity ?
OK, well, I am not going to get an answer, so I'll leave it here. I already answered your question, but you are also OBVIOUSLY still not reading, or comprenending, anything that is posted to you.

Have a nice day

Old 09-26-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
OK, well, I am not going to get an answer, so I'll leave it here. I already answered your question, but you are also OBVIOUSLY still not reading, or comprenending, anything that is posted to you.

Have a nice day
Missed that one

Old 09-26-2011, 04:48 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,409,779 times
Default God's mercy endures for the ages

Quote:
The author cries out to God for mercy, and he receives mercy because it is God's promise to save those who will accept his mercy.
Saul of Tarsus accepted God's mercy.
In fact, considering the circumstances, it would be absurd to think the he could have refused to accept God's mercy.

Sooner or later, everyone will accept God's mercy when God lays hold on them by His sovereign grace and opens their heart and makes Jesus "choice" like He did for Lydia.

And He will do this for everyone in due time, for He wants all mankind to be saved, and sooner or later, God always gets what He wants.

Neither will physical death put an end to God's mercy, for His mercy endures for the ages, for that period of time during which all sinners need it.

A snippet from THE OUTCOME OF INFINITE GRACE – LOYAL F. HURLEY

“Only as one sees God’s Plan of the Ages do they see the beauty of God’s Program for the redemption of the race.

Heb. 11:3 should read, “Through faith we understand that the ages were planned by the Word of God.” The ages will collectively end. A literal translation of Heb. 9:26 is, ‘But now, once for all, with a view to the end of the ages, has He been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.’

Throughout the eons there is sin and evil, condemnation and death. At the end of the eons all will be justified (Rom. 5:18,19), and all will be reconciled through Christ’s blood (Col. 1:20).

When you perceive the truth concerning the ages your Bible will become a new and more wonderful book than you knew you had.”

Old 09-26-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
God. An all knowing God is obviously a better record keeper than "Christianity". I have not heard of "Christianity" even attempting to keep record of people's sins.

How does the poem start? Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy. The author cries out to God for mercy, and he receives mercy because it is God's promise to save those who will accept his mercy. The records of the believers are wiped clean. The truth is that no unbeliever will be able to stand when the books are opened. Do not be fooled into thinking God doesn't know about our sins.
According to this scripture God is not keeping a record, you post is an attempt to say he is. Christianity(including you) is holding the sin of the world against it, and tells it unless it believes in Jesus it will be punished with eternal torment for its sin. I have forgiven the world, you ought to try it, you will never be the same again.If God is not keeping a record,what business have wee.

If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.Psalm 130:3-4.Why would David say this ? He knows the law of sowing and reaping.

Have you noticed the common thing through all our back and forth's. You are all about God bringing what you perceive as justice upon a sinner(eternal torment, the just punishment for not believing in Jesus),and i have continually spoke of the mercy of God which he will show to All.You ought to be proud of yourself.

I want to bring this scripture back to your attention.

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Do you want to drive the fear anyone may have, out of them ?, then preach the love of God, because it drives out fear,you are using fear to try and supress the love and forgiveness of God.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Do you want to drive the fear anyone may have, out of them ?, then preach the love of God, because it drives out fear,you are using fear to try and supress the love and forgiveness of God.
And you are trying to BS people into ignoring the truth.

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done

Old 09-26-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
And you are trying to BS people into ignoring the truth.
Calling scripure BS

Is this

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love

Any different to this

Do you want to drive the fear anyone may have, out of them ?, then preach the love of God, because the love of God drives out fear,you are using fear to try and supress the love of God and you are blind to it.

Sin judgement and eternal punishment is your confession not Jesus Christ and all that He IS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity