Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 06:57 PM

322 posts, read 317,178 times

Advertisements

how does it feel to be free..

i long to be free but sometime the longing itself makes me feel trapped.
if you beleive to have truth ..how does it feel? to be absolutly free . and from what are u free from ? and what is the truth that sets you free?

anyone care to share.
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 07:03 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,549 times
To me, the truth is that God loves everyone who He knit together in the womb and He will not torture them or let them die forever. And because He loves everyone, He sent Jesus to save them and to teach them what/who Love is. This truth is beautiful and is truly "good news!"

As far as how it makes me feel, it makes me love God 100% and it feels wonderful and complete. Before, I loved God but I wondered why he would allow anyone to go to hell and it made me feel there were two sides to God - one who I loved and one I didn't really even know or understand at all.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:27 PM

45,584 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Yes the truth sets you free.

When someone who has lived a double life and has hid the truth for a long period of time - to actually tell the truth is a big release. No more lies to cover. No deception. Here I am - this is me - I am free to proclaim whatever I want to proclaim to all who wants to know.

In the context of John 8 where Jesus was speaking - people are set free spiritually from the slavery of sin when the gospel is believed and the Bible is understood.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:44 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,531,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yes the truth sets you free.

When someone who has lived a double life and has hid the truth for a long period of time - to actually tell the truth is a big release. No more lies to cover. No deception. Here I am - this is me - I am free to proclaim whatever I want to proclaim to all who wants to know.

In the context of John 8 where Jesus was speaking - people are set free spiritually from the slavery of sin when the gospel is believed and the Bible is understood.
I would say "message is believed" so as to capture the moral of the story but otherwise... Great post.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:50 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
It is knowing the truth that sets you free. What truth is it that we need to know that sets us free ?. That God is not reckoning your sin against you.

Blessed and happy and to be envied is the person of whose sin the Lord will take no account nor reckon it against him. Romans 4:8

Why? because you have a clear conscience before him,and because of that you have confidence and boldness to approach the throne of grace and to call upon Him at your will.

Want to be free ? Know that God is not reckoning your sin against you !!!!!!.

It was God [personally present] in Christ, reconciling and restoring the world to favor with Himself, not counting up and holding against [men] their trespasses [but cancelling them], and committing to us the message of reconciliation (of the restoration to favor).2 Cor 5:19

Old 10-12-2011, 06:34 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,336 times
Exclamation This writing has helped many people

Quote:
Originally Posted by godservant View Post

if you beleive to have truth ..how does it feel? to be absolutly free . and from what are u free from ? and what is the truth that sets you free?

anyone care to share.
thanks
This writing has helped many people who have suffered spiritual abuse under various ET churches, and it will no doubt help many more.

In the inroduction to his testimony/biblical exposition explaining why he believes in UR, Charle Slagle wrote
"How wonderful it is to be free! To feel free and to know God loves me. To experience ever increasing freedom from sin’s cruel grasp while resting secure in the love of our Lord."
A snippet from
ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST
Absolute Assurance

Old 10-12-2011, 09:34 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godservant View Post

anyone care to share.
thanks
Truth is wonderful and can bring much personal and spiritual freedom to an individual...as long as that individual understands that their truth MAY NOT BE someone else's truth and what is accepted as truth by you may not be what is accepted as truth by another. True individual freedom is achieved, in my opinion, when we can accept this, be compassionate, be tolerant, be loving, and allow other individuals to find their own truth without ramming our truth down their throats and condemning them for not believing in it.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:39 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Yes, truth set me free.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:33 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,390,250 times
It's interesting Jesus was talking to those who believed in Him. He said if you hold to my teachings, you are really my disciples, THEN you'll know the truth and it will set you free.

Unbelievers are not set free.

John 8
31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Old 10-12-2011, 10:34 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
It's interesting Jesus was talking to those who believed in Him. He said if you hold to my teachings, you are really my disciples, THEN you'll know the truth and it will set you free.

Unbelievers are not set free.

John 8
31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
This is true, many are still prsoners of the darkness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity