Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2011, 03:43 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,930 times

Advertisements

More reasons not to be afraid of UR

A snippet from
THE UNENDING TRIUMPH OF JESUS CHRIST – ED GREGORY
“Today every warden in the U.S. endorses the ideal of rehabilitation. Shall we say then that God is less reasonable than His creatures? No! God’s punishments exist not for vindictive suffering, but rather for remedy! Praise His Holy Name!

God works with a glorious end in view. We have viewed the judgments of God against sin and unrighteousness as the end, when in reality they are only a means to an end. The revelation of scriptural truth does not view God’s judgments in the ages to come as vindictive, as if to say that God is vengeful, implacable, and hateful against men (as all too often those who profess His Name appear to be!), This insight into God’s purposes in judgment rather declares that these judgments are remedial, that they exist to effect a positive divine end for everyone.

Christ died “to reconcile all unto Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross” Colossians 1:20. The all saving Cross of Christ will never give up its redeeming power till sin and sinner have no more a name among the creatures of God.”

Old 11-12-2011, 03:58 PM

Exclamation Here is another snippet that I was recently blessed by

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are doing a fine job of it Rodger, I hope he keeps bringing the best out of you in promoting the Truth of the Good News of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Thanks Paul.

Here is another snippet that I was recently blessed by.

CHRIST GLORIFIED IN THE SALVATION AND RESTORATION OF ALL MANKIND – Francis Leicester (eighteenth century)
“But the Scripture which crowns all, and the last which I shall bring into proof, is Revelation 5:13. Here all creation is at Christ’s feet, and that not with tears in their eyes, or petitions in their hands, not with crying or supplications or weeping because things were hidden and kept secret; but with joy in their hearts, and praises in their mouths; with melody on their lips, and hallelujahs on their tongues; with looks and countenances full of satisfaction and delight; and their faces, instead of gathering blackness, turning into paleness, or being covered with shame and confusion (as once was the case with some of them) they all now shine as the sun, replete with light, life and love, full of ecstasy and rapture. And that because the book written within and on the backside, and sealed with seven seals, is now opened and unsealed, and all things revealed and explained: their own cases particularly unfolded to their view, with all the ways and means their loving Saviour took to bring them to the situation they are now in, with other miracles of grace and love.

Where then there is universal praise and thanksgiving, universal harmony and love, and both heaven and earth sounding and resounding acclamations of joy and peace, there must be universal salvation.”

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-12-2011 at 04:07 PM..

Old 11-14-2011, 05:53 AM

Question would you have the vast majority of men damned to an everlasting torture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And here is a reason not to be afraid of trusting Christ as opposed Ray Prinzing

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
What Christ actually said:
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not "apollumi" (be in a state of being lost) but have eonian, or age-abiding life.
http://www.tentmaker.org/FAQ/perish.htm

Here are fifteen translations that translate aionios literally.
Concordant Literal, Young’s Literal, Wilson’s Emphatic Diaglott, Rotherham’s Emphasized, Scarlett’s,
J.W. Hanson’s New Covenant, Twentieth Century, Ferrar Fenton, The Western New Testament, Weymouth’s (unedited), Clementson’s, The New Testament of our Lord and Savior Jesus Anointed,
The Restoration of Original Sacred Name Bible, Bullinger’s Companion Bible margins, Jonathan Mitchell’s translation (2010).

A snippet from SALVATOR MUNDI: OR, IS CHRIST THE SAVIOUR OF ALL MEN? – SAMUEL COX

“By insisting on an interpreted translation of a Greek word, would you have the vast majority of men damned to an everlasting torture in order that you may feel quite sure that your timid soul will sit and sing itself away in everlasting bliss?

The main object of this book is to encourage those who faintly trust “the larger hope” to commit themselves to it wholly and fearlessly by showing them that they have ample warrant for it in scriptures of the New Testament.”

I think their obvious answer to the question posed by Samuel Cox to ETers is, "Yes, as an ETer, I would rather have the vast majority of men damned to an everlasting torture, than to believe that a literal translation of the word aionios might be correct.

ANOTHER REASON NOT TO BE AFRAID OF UR

THE TRUE BASIS OF REDEMPTION – A.P. ADAMS
“God says He will reconcile all; the whole creation shall ultimately be delivered, and every created thing shall finally praise God (Revelation 5:13).

The point that I wish the reader especially to note is that the final accomplishment of this purpose of God depends on Himself, and not on man. The creature may fail, the Creator never fails; and no amount of blunders, mistakes, failures or perversions of the creature shall disarrange or thwart the plans of the Creator. This is the true basis of redemption.”

Old 11-14-2011, 05:58 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not "apollumi" (be in a state of being lost) but have eonian, or age-abiding life.
http://www.tentmaker.org/FAQ/perish.htm

Here are fifteen translations that translate aionios literally.
Concordant Literal, Young’s Literal, Wilson’s Emphatic Diaglott, Rotherham’s Emphasized, Scarlett’s,
J.W. Hanson’s New Covenant, Twentieth Century, Ferrar Fenton, The Western New Testament, Weymouth’s (unedited), Clementson’s, The New Testament of our Lord and Savior Jesus Anointed,
The Restoration of Original Sacred Name Bible, Bullinger’s Companion Bible margins, Jonathan Mitchell’s translation (2010).

A snippet from SALVATOR MUNDI: OR, IS CHRIST THE SAVIOUR OF ALL MEN? – SAMUEL COX

“By insisting on an interpreted translation of a Greek word, would you have the vast majority of men damned to an everlasting torture in order that you may feel quite sure that your timid soul will sit and sing itself away in everlasting bliss?

The main object of this book is to encourage those who faintly trust “the larger hope” to commit themselves to it wholly and fearlessly by showing them that they have ample warrant for it in scriptures of the New Testament.”

I think their obvious answer to the question posed by Samuel Cox to ETers is, "Yes, as an ETer, I would rather have the vast majority of men damned to an everlasting torture, than to believe that a literal translation of the word aionios might be correct.

ANOTHER REASON NOT TO BE AFRAID OF UR

THE TRUE BASIS OF REDEMPTION – A.P. ADAMS
“God says He will reconcile all; the whole creation shall ultimately be delivered, and every created thing shall finally praise God (Revelation 5:13).

The point that I wish the reader especially to note is that the final accomplishment of this purpose of God depends on Himself, and not on man. The creature may fail, the Creator never fails; and no amount of blunders, mistakes, failures or perversions of the creature shall disarrange or thwart the plans of the Creator. This is the true basis of redemption.”
Amen.
How come so many Christians don't believe that God can save?? Or that God is stronger than man??

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-14-2011, 06:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Perhaps you should read what apollumi really means as opposed to just copy/pasting stuff from universalist sites. Or at least read other writings and compare them to yours.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Amen.
How come so many Christians don't believe that God can save?? Or that God is stronger than man??
God will save anyone who allows Him to save them.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
God will save anyone who allows Him to save them.
Did God wait for Saul to "allow" Him to save him? Saul was on his knees calling Him "Lord" before he even knew what to call Him!

So Saul didn't need a preacher or an altar call. No, not even a tract or a Jehovah's Witness. God just chose the moment and drew Saul right to Him. God was reaping Saul to Himself.

Maybe you think you chose God, but I don't think you have it in you, Finn.. After all, you're just like me!

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-14-2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Did God wait for Saul to "allow" Him to save him? Saul was on his knees calling Him "Lord" before he even knew what to call Him!So Saul didn't need a preacher or an altar call. No, not even a tract or a Jehovah's Witness. God just chose the moment and drew Saul right to Him. God was reaping Saul to Himself. Maybe you think you chose God, but I don't think you have it in you, Finn.. After all, you're just like me!
Yes, Saul was selected for a very special task. I know people who have actually died, and never experiences what Saul experienced.

God knocks on the doors of our hearts, so He does indeed do the selecting and calling, and if we allow Him in, he will enter. If you refuse to open, you have rejected salvation. It is as simple as that.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Yes, Saul was selected for a very special task. I know people who have actually died, and never experiences what Saul experienced.

God knocks on the doors of our hearts, so He does indeed do the selecting and calling, and if we allow Him in, he will enter. If you refuse to open, you have rejected salvation. It is as simple as that.
Knocking or no knocking, I believe God is calling people to do righteous works, not just say a prayer. Saying a prayer is fine if you're on your deathbed, but we mustn't illude ourselves into thinking all is fine and hunky-dory just because we "accepted salvation," when in the meanwhile we're not manifesting righteous acts.

When Christians are acting worse than non-Christians, there's something terribly wrong..

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-14-2011, 06:34 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Knocking or no knocking, I believe God is calling people to do righteous works, not just say a prayer. Saying a prayer is fine if you're on your deathbed, but we mustn't illude ourselves into thinking all is fine and hunky-dory just because we "accepted salvation," when in the meanwhile we're not manifesting righteous acts.

When Christians are acting worse than non-Christians, there's something terribly wrong..

Blessings,
brian
What you believe rules you, we become what we believe,we are no different to the God we believe in(this is one is a biggie),as a man thinks in his heart so is he.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity