Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 09:56 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,776,568 times

Advertisements

So I bet it's safe to say you won't actually read what I posted. If you don't, I guess that leaves this conversation ended. If you do, talk to later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 09:57 AM

939 posts, read 1,025,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
So I bet it's safe to say you won't actually read what I posted. If you don't, I guess that leaves this conversation ended. If you do, talk to later.
I've countered every argument you've given men and all you can do is post a link to your authorities. I'd like to see if you actually know what you're talking about, or if you're just going to blindly accept what your church tells you.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:00 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,776,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
I've countered every argument you've given men and all you can do is post a link to your authorities. I'd like to see if you actually know what you're talking about, or if you're just going to blindly accept what your church tells you.
I found a link for you to read because I have to go to campus and study, and didn't have time to right it all out myself. Work smart, not hard. And I feel I've countered all of yours. So read it or don't. But I'm going for now.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:06 AM

939 posts, read 1,025,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
I found a link for you to read because I have to go to campus and study, and didn't have time to right it all out myself. Work smart, not hard. And I feel I've countered all of yours. So read it or don't. But I'm going for now.
Have a good time studying. I guess we'll have to disagree on this one. I grew up catholic, and I've been through the arguments many times on infused versus imputed righteousness. I'm sorry... I just don't buy your arguments.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:41 PM

889 posts, read 826,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Yes there is only one Church...MINE!!! Now accept everything my church and denomination says or BURN FOREVA!!!

...Actually I have a feeling that having multiple churches with multiple non-essential doctrines was apart of God's plan to some degree as a way to bring in more people. I think the core essentials mostly make up "the Church" through multiple denominations. Sadly, I'm sure many denominations would disagree what the essentials are.
I do like a sense of humor!! Now go burn in hell...foreva. JUST KIDDING!

Old 12-14-2011, 04:45 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,381,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
I do like a sense of humor!! Now go burn in hell...foreva.
Why didn't I listen to GoodToBeHome and his Church?! Ow! My gnashing teeth! Isn't there a dentist around here?!

Quote:
JUST KIDDING!
Oh...

Old 12-14-2011, 05:11 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,987,613 times
Quote:
John 17:19-23

19 And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be consecrated in truth. 20 "I do not pray for these only, but also for those who believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 The glory which thou hast given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, 23 I in them and thou in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that thou hast sent me and hast loved them even as thou hast loved me.

Is YOUR church obedient to Christ's wishes of becoming perfectly one with your fellow Christians? Do you go to the One Church that Christ created? Are you perfectly One with the Body of Christ. Do you believe that the bread and wine in your communion is actually the real body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ and when you consume the wine and bread you literally become ONE with Jesus Christ? Do you believe that when you consume the host that you actually take in Christ and Christ takes in you as you become one?

As we prepare a path for the coming of the Lord, think and pray about becoming one with Christ and Christ's Church, the Catholic Church.
You had me all the way up to the last two words.

Jesus does have a church. Few attend. Man does not preside over it.

Drop the baggage of the organization and i'm with you brother. Oneness, godliness, discipline. The BE-Attitudes.

God = Go direct. No middlemen, no endless symbology. Just the unfiltered guidance through his Almighty Spirit.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:48 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post

Drop the baggage of the organization and i'm with you brother. Oneness, godliness, discipline. The BE-Attitudes.

God = Go direct. No middlemen, no endless symbology. Just the unfiltered guidance through his Almighty Spirit.
Amen! Christ abides with us. We need no man to teach us. His Holy Spirit within our consciousness guides us to what God has "written in our hearts."

Old 12-14-2011, 09:53 PM

912 posts, read 827,637 times
No matter what its a waste of time(arguing). The idea of a church is to guide the people who wish to attend.
By attending here in this forum, guidance and reflective reasoning is in motion, therefore logically attending CD spirituality forum is a church when... sincerely attempting to discover, enhance and bring to life the interior life. Rules in a church are simply guidelines . They MUST be translated against conscience....just as posts need to be translated for value against conscience. Man is a social being. A church is a rational extension of this fact. A church is also an extension of mans "translation: of whatever system. Consequently a Church will never be perfect, representing its members who simply
try...to follow the method which best serves their understood recognition of what will "draw out" the
finest inspiration which allows for fulfillment in the notice of the Spirit within. As each individual is unique and receives Godly inspiration...unique and individually tailored to abilities , talents , experience , mutual friendships ect ect. the various methods come about. Including I would imagine a quantity of skepticism in many. In order for man...to flower, blossom , unity is necessary. Unity is mans challenge. Unity is not possible from a state of absolute unity. There is no passion then, for the quest unity with already in place perfect togetherness. Mans sorted idea's allow for purpose and meaning. Complaining about another's method in quest for fundamental unity is somewhat contrary to
what is required for all to be. Where sincere, everyone is right. Its important to look at perspective, patient perspective is a property of guidance and "can" allow for learning and sharing in some situations.

Last edited by Blue Hue; 12-14-2011 at 10:02 PM..

Old 12-14-2011, 10:17 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post

Some unfiltered guidance as like:
Hebrews 10:25
Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another

Acts 17:2
As his custom was, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

Colossians 2:16
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity