Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:39 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times

Advertisements

"We are the creation born from above, but man has exalted himself through his own appetite."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 05:57 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,037,347 times
Life is in the blood, it is no wonder that the blood of man runs scarlet (the color of sin).

Hopefully, we can come to the realization that man has no good thing in him and must be possessed of the new man (Christ) in order to obtain the lasting Life of God.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 750 times
I'm sad to say that evil exists literally, and I'm sure you have heard of the sayings. Fine line between sanity and insanity we all have this in us, as do we have kindness and hatered built into our lives. But as times have passed we reach a point where unatural death is the norm, stabbings, shot or just plain beaten to death. If you would like to know as I do the devil does exist we are the devils if we chose to be. there is always a choice in life good and bad. But always a choice.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Is there such a thing as Satan? Or the devil?

Of course, there is adversity and accusations.
And mental illnesses as well (demons).

"You don't have to go far to find, or see it."

Old 10-03-2012, 02:33 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,946,645 times
Quote:
Is there such a thing as Satan? Or the devil?
Nah! Fairytales. A bogeyman made up by the Catholic Church to keep people in line.

In the millions of verified NDE's not one ever reported seeing a devil.

There is a Lucifer fallen angel, but devils sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear to steal that piece of candy? Nonsense. I've been tempted millions of times and not once did "the devil made me do it." I did it all by myself.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 10-03-2012 at 03:33 PM..

Old 10-03-2012, 02:46 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,989,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I believe there is no devil. However, in biblical times the devil was used as the symbol of the evil within us. Otherwise, it is hard to imagine there is such as thing as Satan.

If God is EVERYTHING then there cannot be a Satan.
There is no God and there is no Satan.
It may have represented the good and bad in human behavior at one time....and it is also a convenient way of not having to deal with real issues....just blame it on Satan/the Devil or praise God for whatever.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:39 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,394,059 times
There's no Satan or Devil.
Just negative forces and bad people.
Some of them teach in, or attend Catholic school. I've met some.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:25 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,037,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Nah! Fairytales. A bogeyman made up by the Catholic Church to keep people in line.

There is a Lucifer fallen angel, but devils sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear to steal that piece of candy? Nonsense. I've been tempted millions of times and not once did "the devil made me do it." I did it all by myself.
Satan = "Disobedience of man".

No MANKIND = No Satan.

Satan does not exist as a separate entity.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:40 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen! Satan, the Serpent,(click on link)is within us all and must be controlled when it would have us do unloving things to others for our selfish reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
There IS a Serpent within each of us, though, Thrill. The same one from the garden.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:35 AM

77 posts, read 74,702 times
Yes, Satan was at once a angel in heaven, but was kicked out of the heaven, due to causing trouble:
  • Revelation 12:9 - And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Satan is today running and controlling the world, because the violence, raping, etc. all comes from Satan not Jehovah:
  • 2 Corinthians 4:3,4 - But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. (basically saying that Satan the Devil is "the god of this system of things")
  • 1 John 5:19 - And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity