Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 03:49 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times

Advertisements

Amen, many will fall away in this age. In the end, all will be subjected and restored. (Colossians 1) God bless and peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 03:54 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Amen, many will fall away in this age. In the end, all will be subjected and restored. (Colossians 1) God bless and peace.

Obviously you misinterpret Colossians 1. There are qualifiers (IF's) in this chapter as well.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:12 PM

987 posts, read 1,118,583 times
All I can say is God knew what He was doing when He created the universe and man. And I am convinced that He will never quit working on anyone until they are who He intended them to be.

Only someone who already believes in God is going to fear 'Hell' and worry about their afterlife. But perhaps our Father will use these kind of appeals to touch and open someone's spiritual eyes. Who can say?

Peace.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:49 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
All I can say is God knew what He was doing when He created the universe and man. And I am convinced that He will never quit working on anyone until they are who He intended them to be.

Only someone who already believes in God is going to fear 'Hell' and worry about their afterlife. But perhaps our Father will use these kind of appeals to touch and open someone's spiritual eyes. Who can say?

Peace.
Yes.

I am convinced of that too. He will keep on shining His Light upon all until all have looked upon him who they have pierced.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:37 PM

120 posts, read 119,268 times
these stories have really become a slavery for people who have become so attached to them.

its insanity

Old 05-03-2012, 07:39 PM

461 posts, read 480,611 times
JN 5:24 Anyone who hears my word and has faith in the Lord who sent me possesses eternal life, he does not come under condemnation but has passed from death to life.
A day is coming and truly has come when the dead will hear the voice of the son of God and those who have heard it shall live.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:18 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,722 times
The OP is rather humorous. An Arminian no less quoting the writings of a staunch Calivinist, Arthur Pink...lol at all of this:

The Wrath of God

Can you at least give credit to where you're getting this stuff? Arthur Pink died many years ago. It's difficult to reply to him...lol. Pink is simply playing both sides of the fence here. He hasn't really given any scriptures that present the universal reconciliation side of the coin that God has already accomplished in Christ:

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

You do realize, I hope, that there were no chances regarding salvation to begin with, right? Salvation is not a matter of human choice and will, but of God, who does the saving:

Jon 2:9 But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.

May I offer you another book to read by Pink? It will debunk your ideas concerning free will:

Sovereignty of God - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

Old 05-04-2012, 09:00 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
The OP is rather humorous. An Arminian no less quoting the writings of a staunch Calivinist, Arthur Pink...lol at all of this:

The Wrath of God

Can you at least give credit to where you're getting this stuff? Arthur Pink died many years ago. It's difficult to reply to him...lol. Pink is simply playing both sides of the fence here. He hasn't really given any scriptures that present the universal reconciliation side of the coin that God has already accomplished in Christ:

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

You do realize, I hope, that there were no chances regarding salvation to begin with, right? Salvation is not a matter of human choice and will, but of God, who does the saving:

Jon 2:9 But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.

May I offer you another book to read by Pink? It will debunk your ideas concerning free will:

Sovereignty of God - Christian Classics Ethereal Library
Of course salvation is of Jesus Christ. Who is saying otherwise? No one else died for our sins. However, one is only saved if they believe in this gospel - good news of Jesus' death and resurrection. This is certainly human choice.

1 Corinthians 15
1Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
3For what I received I passed on to you as of first importancea: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5and that he appeared to Peter,b and then to the Twelve. 6After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:18 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Amen

The truth of matter is all most of us have is a belief, and trust that belief to be a ticket to heaven. The just Live by Faith and are led by the anointing within them,faith is not saying "I believe in Jesus and the bible".

We should know that all we have is a belief,when all that comes out of our mouth is, sin,death,judgement,punishment,hell,condemnation and wrath.
Indeed. And I can say in all truth that I am not terrified of God or his wrath. If God needs to chastise me, He will certainly do so. But I don't believe in a Terrorist-child type of relationship with anyone. There very well may be people who are terrified of God, and I think the reason they are terrified is because the light of Christ has not yet translated them from the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of light. Otherwise, they would not be terrified and always preaching terror and dread to others. The thing I fear most is bringing shame upon myself and upon the name and reputation of God. In other words, there are certain things I avoid because they send up a red flag that says to my heart "that is the way that leads to death and shame -- do not go that way". However, it is not my job to tell others where they stand. They must have their own relationship with God -- I can only stand or fall for myself. And whether I stand or fall, Jesus is still Lord and Savior.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:56 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,616,432 times
All I know is, God is the same today, yesterday, and tomorrow. If you don't have the fear of God within you, I feel for you. I would not want to be you. Especially living in today's world. People of today have forgotten God did not come to bring peace but a sword. He is still the God that flooded the world and rain down fire on Sodom & Gomorrah. He is the same today. I would not get comfortable if I were you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity