Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 12:25 AM

475 posts, read 508,492 times

Advertisements

My mother passed away last night and im devastated. I want to kill myself and go with her, i feel like she needs me, she wants me to go hug her. Im so sad.
How can i find some calm during this situation ? i feel like nothing is gonna help me.
Can you tell me if she is with God now ? is she at a happy place ? can she see me ? is she around me ? i need some answers please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 12:33 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,275,926 times
I'm sorry for your loss.

Your mother would be devastated if she were the cause of your suicide.

I believe she will still be close by watching, and worried. Just be quiet and she will send you a sign.

This raw pain will pass. Your mum is always alive in your head and heart.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:48 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,253,818 times
The answers to your questions are not easy ones, Marce30. But I can tell you this:

I was once so devastated and so through with life that I tried three times to flip a car and make my suicide look like an accident. I had no idea that the car I was in was too big and wobbly to flip. I gave up. In the following months, things turned around. It took awhile, but they did. Today, looking back, I often think of all the things i would have missed if i had been successful that day. I would have missed the greatest joys of my life! The best things actually happened after that day. I am so grateful that I am still around.

Marce30, please stay. Don't go.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:53 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
My mother passed away last night and im devastated. I want to kill myself and go with her, i feel like she needs me, she wants me to go hug her. Im so sad.
How can i find some calm during this situation ? i feel like nothing is gonna help me.
Can you tell me if she is with God now ? is she at a happy place ? can she see me ? is she around me ? i need some answers please.
Hi Marce. I am sorry about your loss. It is natural for you to grieve at a time like this and it will take time for the pain to lessen and you must give it time. I hope that you will resist the feeling of wanting to kill yourself. That is not the answer and will not help either you or your mother. Do you have a pastor that you can talk to? Other family members or close friends you can be with? You might want to contact a Christian or community counseling service.

But more importantly, how is your relationship with God? You obviously believe in God but have you believed in Jesus Christ for eternal life? If you have then you should pray to the Father and ask for help in this time of need. He will comfort you.

In wanting to comfort you many people would tell you that yes, your mother is with God now. But the reality is that since I don't know if your mother trusted in Jesus Christ for salvation I can't tell you if she is. What I can tell you is, that if she was a believer in Jesus Christ then yes she is in heaven at this moment. But she cannot see you.

If you are a believer then there are promises you can claim such as...

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in Thee.

Phil 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Isaiah 40:31 They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint.

Psalm 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee.

James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you...

Turn to God Marce and trust Him. Put your cares upon Him and He will sustain you. And know that with time your pain will ease.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:05 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,765,342 times
I'm sorry for your loss and I know how much it hurts to lose a love one. Please don't try to join your Mother it's not the answer you need. I doubt very much she would want you to join her on purpose.

Remember she lives in you. You cannot join her by your own doing if you try to kill youself to be with her. It's not your time please try to accept that and accept she is with you in another form now. She will never leave you even though it feels that now she will always live in you.

Please try to pray for guidance and seek counsel in your church if you have one. Talk to your Mom your talking to her is a form of hugging her with your heart and that is the best hug you could ever give her so know you don't need to join her in heaven to hug her.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:08 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,629,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
If your mother accepted Christ as her savior, there is no doubt she is with the father in Heaven now. I think you should watch this to find out what exactly happened when she died and what she's doing right now. What this video is about is basically this amazing account/testimony of Heaven and I think you should read it because it tells you EXACTLY what happens to our loved ones at the time of death and where they are in Heaven and even what their doing in Heaven. I have never felt so much peace about death in my life. If your going through depression for a lost loved one, you never will after reading this book. Here's the video.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:12 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,629,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
In wanting to comfort you many people would tell you that yes, your mother is with God now. But the reality is that since I don't know if your mother trusted in Jesus Christ for salvation I can't tell you if she is. What I can tell you is, that if she was a believer in Jesus Christ then yes she is in heaven at this moment. But she cannot see you.
Not trying to start anything, but she very well can! In the book I was reading about Heaven, the author says that all of our relatives look on us from Heaven in the cloud of witnesses. All of your long pass relatives who made it to Heaven can see you! Matter of fact, they have been present at all of our major life events like birthday parties and award ceremonies for our achievements and everything. They haven't missed a thing.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:58 AM

481 posts, read 865,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Hi Marce. I am sorry about your loss. It is natural for you to grieve at a time like this and it will take time for the pain to lessen and you must give it time. I hope that you will resist the feeling of wanting to kill yourself. That is not the answer and will not help either you or your mother. Do you have a pastor that you can talk to? Other family members or close friends you can be with? You might want to contact a Christian or community counseling service.

But more importantly, how is your relationship with God? You obviously believe in God but have you believed in Jesus Christ for eternal life? If you have then you should pray to the Father and ask for help in this time of need. He will comfort you.

If you are a believer then there are promises you can claim such as...

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in Thee.

Phil 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Isaiah 40:31 They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint.

Psalm 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee.

James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you...

Turn to God Marce and trust Him. Put your cares upon Him and He will sustain you. And know that with time your pain will ease.
1st......I am terribly sorry for your deep found lose my sister or brother Marce! I wish you only the very best for you and all yours, and my prayers and thoughts go out to you this day. I will say this Marce....You are loved dearly, and your lose would be a tragedy in this world, as you have a good heart and a good spirit.

2nd......I have to strongly agree with Mike here, as these are the wise Words of Wisdom & Words of Knowledge from the Spirit here.

Through this loss of yours, you need to tell yourself to "Be Still....Not Today", and that you will fully put your trust into God our Father to nurture and heal your aching soul, to release your sorrows into His hands so that the healing will begin. You are equally loved among all, and He is here with His hand extended out to you Marce for you to go to Him, so just tell yourself to "Be Still....Not today", and go to Him my friend, as He awaits for you.

....Shalom! Elohim obev otach, She-Elohim yivarech otach akhoti or achi. (Peace & blessings be upon you! God loves you, God be with you my sister or brother)

Old 06-14-2012, 07:21 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,361,144 times
I am so sorry for your loss. Please do not harm yourself. I believe that when you have lost someone you love that they become your guardian angel. Your mother is with you and will guide you for the rest of your life. Rejoice in the good times that you had together and even make a list of those times. When you are feeling sad, take a look at the list. But remember that she is with you always and wants you to be happy.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:37 AM

14,887 posts, read 17,174,505 times
Marce30, I am so sorry for your loss and I know how you feel. When my mother passed, I wanted to be with her too but this time is going to pass. You will always have that ache in your heart but in time, you will find out just how strong you are. As someone shared, think about what your mother would want for you now. She knows how much you love her and how much you want to be with her, but she would want you to live your life and be what God created you to be. She gave her life to you when she raised you and now, show her the fruit of her labor. Show her how you can honor her with your life. All of love that she poured into you can be made evident in your life, Marce30. It hurts so much, I know, but you can get through this. Are you a believer? If you are, you know that you can trust God. He loves your mother and He loves you. When we lose loved ones, we must know that they first belong to God. They are only here with us for a short time, but they all ultimately are His children and He knows what is best. If you are not a believer, God is right there, and you can come to Him at any time. Jesus can be your Savior today. I am a Christian who believes that the scriptures speak of all being restored to God. I do not believe that anyone is lost forever if they do not know the Lord today. There are many Christians who have believed this since the early days of the church and there are many who believe this today. We are the minority but we are here and we believe that this is a scriptually based belief. So I would share with you that God is love, Marce30. He is not hate. He is wise, He understands, He is good and He can be your Rock during this difficult time. You can get through this. Again, my prayers are for you and all of your loved ones. May you find comfort, strength, and peace Marce30. God knows how much this hurts and many of us do. But you can get through this. If you need help, get professional help. I had to go through counseling when I lost my mother and they can help you get through this. God bless you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity