Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 01:21 PM

303 posts, read 430,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
So sad for your loss. You will get alot of speculation and opinion to your questions, but heres the objective answers from the Bible :

1. You find calm by reaching out, trusting, asking God to help you in this very difficult time in your life. You keep staying close to him in relationship . You thank him for the many times you got to do things with your mom and how much she loved you. You surround yourself with a network of friends who are ready to help you get thru it.

2. Your mom is with God if she had a personal relationship with God thru Gods appointed way : Jesus Christ his Son and based on the sacrifice Christ made on the cross to reconcile a person back to God.
This can be recieved into ones life in a split second by a simple thought-desire and instant change of heart , so even at the very end of her life she may have done this, or, she may have done it at some time in her past. You need to be sure youve done it also. Do u know how ?

3. She is happy providing the above took place in number 2.

4. We dont know if people in the afterlife can see us here on earth, but there is good support in Luke 16 regarding the parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus the Beggar.

5. She is not around you because she is not omni present and almighty...only God is .

You may want to get into a church support group who can give you spiritual insight and fellowship with others whove been down the same road. I hope you have some siblings and friends you can have around you for this will mean alot.
You said she is happy providing the above took place in number 2.

She is not happy providing something she did. She is happy because God if faithful even when we are not.

Read
Romans 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid
and
2 timothy 2:13 If we believe not, [yet] he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

It does not matter what she did or didn't do before she died, God is faithful. Even after death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 01:22 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Amen. God bless and peace.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:42 PM

475 posts, read 508,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysmyler View Post
Hey Chili, that's the exact point I was trying to make, we don't always have to "preach" to encourage and comfort someone, just show them LOVE, and trust and know "The Comforter" will do the rest!

BTW (by the way), I'm a sister

Marce30 this is for you
Thanks ! Thats really nice. When i get online and get busy really helps me but when i look at a pic of her i start crying again and i cant stop.
Here is a pic of me and my mom last year in Disneyland

She didnt have a religion either but she trusted God with all her heart. She used to tell me all the time that every night she would pray for me asking God to protect me. She knew the word of God (she used to study at home with some of the Jehova's whitnesses) but she never went to church or had a religion.
Your words really help me a lot guys.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:51 PM

Your mom is beautiful and looks like she has a beautiful spirit, Marce30. I understand about looking at pictures. I have some pictures of my mother that I have not put up because I cry when I see them and she passed over five years ago. Thanks for sharing these photos. You have these special memories of her that you will treasure forever. God bless and peace.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:48 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
Can you tell me if she is with God now ? is she at a happy place ? can she see me ? is she around me ? i need some answers please.
Marce, I want to warn you about something because forewarned is forearmed.

Most members who have made a response dealt with the suicide issue and were right to greatly discourage you from even contemplating taking your young life.

What I want to address is the second part of your question about where your mother is. No one except she, God and the saints really know, but I want to caution you about a terrible philosophy that circulates around here like crazy and if you read about it in other threads and start to despair I want you to understand there is another side.

The Bible speaks of three possibilities for the dead if they don't know Jesus as their personal savior:

1. unending eternal torment in the fires of hell
2. annihilation
3. universal reconciliation with God for all of humanity

A few fundamentalists (you've already met them though you don't know it) haven't been entirely straight with you. We debate this issue like crazy in here but it's in a vacuum because rarely do we encounter a real-life case that puts a face on what some of us are ashamed to admit: that they believe the Bible teaches that most of humanity will suffer horrible unending agonies in flames in hell for all time because they didn't make a personal commitment to Jesus. It's the dirty little secret that most Fundamentalists try to sweep under the carpet. You'll rarely hear a minister preach about it because he is afraid of losing his congregation and hence his source of revenue if he does. But the vast majority of churchgoers secretly believe it in their heart because they have been brainwashed into believing it all their lives by a powerful clerical organization I like to call the Fundamentalist Corporate Machine. This hierarchy rules religious thought today and they support this belief because it brings them power, wealth and prestige by keeping the masses ignorant of what the Bible really says about the fate of our spirits. You know the basic concept: when you want to control someone the best tool to use is fear.

But there is another group of people who base their belief on a ton of scripture that God will eventually save all of mankind from the penalty of hell. This is called universal reconciliation and it is more prominent in the Bible than the few verses that "suggest" eternal torment. The truth is that the idea of eternal torment is a pagan concept that found its way into the church teachings around 400 AD and has been supported by church hierarchy ever since, again because because they found it was a terrific tool to use to keep the populace in check--simply threaten them with eternal torment if they didn't do what they were told.

If you want assurance that your mother's final destiny is with God no matter what, then I greatly encourage you to goggle "bible verses that support universal salvation". What you read will put your mind at rest about your mother's fate. Remember: no matter what, she and all your family will eventually be reunited with each other and with God if they are not already. God is not the vindictive monster painted by Fundamentalists who loves to torture His children for all eternity. He is the best parent in the world and will stop at nothing to get them saved from harm, just like you could never conceive of ever doing the slightest harm to your children no matter how far they turned away from you. God bless and keep you.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:44 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

Most members who have made a response dealt with the suicide issue and were right to greatly discourage you from even contemplating taking your young life.

What I want to address is the second part of your question about where your mother is. No one except she, God and the saints really know, but I want to caution you about a terrible philosophy that circulates around here like crazy and if you read about it in other threads and start to despair I want you to understand there is another side.

The Bible speaks of three possibilities for the dead if they don't know Jesus as their personal savior:

2. annihilation

A few fundamentalists (you've already met them though you don't know it) haven't been entirely straight with you. We debate this issue like crazy in here but it's in a vacuum because rarely do we encounter a real-life case that puts a face on what some of us are ashamed to admit: that they believe the Bible teaches that most of humanity will suffer horrible unending agonies in flames in hell for all time because they didn't make a personal commitment to Jesus. It's the dirty little secret that most Fundamentalists try to sweep under the carpet. You'll rarely hear a minister preach about it because he is afraid of losing his congregation and hence his source of revenue if he does. But the vast majority of churchgoers secretly believe it in their heart because they have been brainwashed into believing it all their lives by a powerful clerical organization I like to call the Fundamentalist Corporate Machine. This hierarchy rules religious thought today and they support this belief because it brings them power, wealth and prestige by keeping the masses ignorant of what the Bible really says about the fate of our spirits. You know the basic concept: when you want to control someone the best tool to use is fear.

But there is another group of people who base their belief on a ton of scripture that God will eventually save all of mankind from the penalty of hell. This is called universal reconciliation and it is more prominent in the Bible than the few verses that "suggest" eternal torment. The truth is that the idea of eternal torment is a pagan concept that found its way into the church teachings around 400 AD and has been supported by church hierarchy ever since, again because because they found it was a terrific tool to use to keep the populace in check--simply threaten them with eternal torment if they didn't do what they were told.

If you want assurance that your mother's final destiny is with God no matter what, then I greatly encourage you to goggle "bible verses that support universal salvation". What you read will put your mind at rest about your mother's fate. Remember: no matter what, she and all your family will eventually be reunited with each other and with God if they are not already. God is not the vindictive monster painted by Fundamentalists who loves to torture His children for all eternity. He is the best parent in the world and will stop at nothing to get them saved from harm, just like you could never conceive of ever doing the slightest harm to your children no matter how far they turned away from you. God bless and keep you.
While everyone else on this thread has been sensitive to this girl's loss and has tried to comfort her, and while you could have done the same, and while you could have simply stated your belief in Universalism, you instead chose to use this as an opportunity to get up on your platform and attack fundamentalists and twist the facts concerning what the Bible teaches. No, the Bible does not speak of three possibilities for the dead. But this isn't the thread to go into that. Nor do Fundamentalists paint God as a vindictive monster who loves to torture His children. Nor is it true that we haven't been entirely straight with her. As I said, everyone has been sensitive to what she is going through. But you decided to use this as an opportunity to advance your agenda and to mount an attack on fundamentalism which refers to the fundamental truths revealed in the Bible. But again, this isn't the thread to correct what you have said. But I am truly disgusted with your tactics and with your misrepresentation of the facts.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:01 AM

303 posts, read 430,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

2. annihilation

Amen to that! All Glory to our loving and merciful God.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:08 AM

481 posts, read 865,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
While everyone else on this thread has been sensitive to this girl's loss and has tried to comfort her, and while you could have done the same, and while you could have simply stated your belief in Universalism, you instead chose to use this as an opportunity to get up on your platform and attack fundamentalists and twist the facts concerning what the Bible teaches. No, the Bible does not speak of three possibilities for the dead. But this isn't the thread to go into that. Nor do Fundamentalists paint God as a vindictive monster who loves to torture His children. Nor is it true that we haven't been entirely straight with her. As I said, everyone has been sensitive to what she is going through. But you decided to use this as an opportunity to advance your agenda and to mount an attack on fundamentalism which refers to the fundamental truths revealed in the Bible. But again, this isn't the thread to correct what you have said. But I am truly disgusted with your tactics and with your misrepresentation of the facts.
I agree here with this! By far not the place or time for this. This is a time for comforting & healing, a time for kindness, goodness, & gentleness, not religious ramble.

I say again, thrillobyte...."BE STILL". This is not about you or your beliefs, this is about Christ Jesus sending us fellow brothers and sisters to help comfort & heal this child of the living God, Marce.

....I say Shalom haveri thrillobyte

Old 06-16-2012, 07:35 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimaroon View Post
You said she is happy providing the above took place in number 2.

She is not happy providing something she did. She is happy because God if faithful even when we are not.

Read
Romans 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid
and
2 timothy 2:13 If we believe not, [yet] he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

It does not matter what she did or didn't do before she died, God is faithful. Even after death.
Only those who are Born Again in Christ, that is...having all their many accumulated sins washed by his calvary blood....will ever get to Heaven. This is Gods global plan for each and everyone of us. You cant reject Christ all of Ones life and still get to heaven nor can you get there by trying to be moral, church attendence, giving to United Way, or trying to keep the 10 Commandments (which no one has done in full and all the time) . You get to Heaven by Gods unmerited grace plus faith that comes from God for us to believe that Jesus' atoning death was sufficient, plus nothing else.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:41 AM

Hi, I don't think that this thread is about promoting a certain view, but shares what is from a person's heart and seeks to bring comfort to Marce. We all do not agree on what happens after death, but from my experience, once source of pain and agony for someone who has lost a loved one, is the question of what happens upon death. When someone shares the belief that God will eventually restore us all to Himself, as based on scriptural teaching, this does bring comfort and healing. God bless and peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity