Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 08:34 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
You say they they are toxic, but God says they are good. Who should I beleive?
As with all meats they should be fresh and they should be cooked properly and then there is no problem.
I am not the one that conducted the scientific study....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 08:39 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK4J View Post
So you think it cannot mean what it say's? So it's a lie in your view? OK I understand where your coming from. I don't agree with you.

By the way (and I have not searched for it myself yet) but can you given any NT scripture after Paul was converted that forbids eating unclean animals?
It is not a lie for what it was intended to convey within the context...Did Peter convey a dual meaning to the vision or just one meaning?...

Old 09-05-2012, 08:40 AM

173 posts, read 135,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I am not the one that conducted the scientific study....
And so far all you have given us is your claim that someone conducted a scientific study and found these things as "toxic" to humans. Do you have any evidence to show us or is this just something you heard? I would love to read this "study" you speak off. Where can I find it?

Old 09-05-2012, 08:46 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
To para- phrase "It is not what goes into the mouth of the man that defiles him...for what goes in the mouth passes through the body and the waste is deposited in the sewer...It is what come OUT of the mouth of the man from the heart that can defile the man.." Food- drink...all that stuff does not matter in the spiritual world- The spirit governs the body..The spirit is more powerful than the flesh...A Christian is not to fear that which is in the natural world- A Christian is to be super-natural...and be above material which includes food. Dietary law is bunk...eat what you need to eat to survive and be healthy- The only thing forbidden is the direct or indirect consumption of human flesh- This includes using people and in essence - devouring your fellow man to survive- This is parasitic.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:57 AM

1,784 posts, read 3,459,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold
I did. But your insistence on taking language as different than everyone else uses it precludes you from seeing it.

Then there's also verse 15:
15 Again a voice came to him a second time, “What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.â€
amplifying Mark 7:14-23, c.f. 1 Tim 4:4.

How you read that as ONLY referring to Gentiles, and not Gentiles AND food, I have no clue. (food being the direct reference, Gentiles being the indirect, analogous point)
I'll say again: it's just bizarre to read Acts 10-11 the way you do.
Quote:
I used to believe that it referred to food...However, as my knowledge has increased I have found that I was wrong to take it literally...Show me anywhere in the NT where people ate unclean animals...Remember WHY Yeshua ALWAYS spoke in parables?...
What a rebuttal. Show me any passage post-cross where they didn't because they weren't allowed.

I'm not sure what knowledge increased in this regard, but I strongly urge you to look at it again. Other than that, I don't have anything more to add than what I already said right above.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
It is not a lie for what it was intended to convey within the context...Did Peter convey a dual meaning to the vision or just one meaning?...
Well on that day, he accepted what was told to him following this vision and went with those seeking him into a Gentiles house. There is no record of him ever doing that again until after Paul had to confront the 12 and explain why he was preaching to the gentiles. This was several years later. At that time Peter seemed to remember that one occasion when he went to a gentiles home and concedes that it must mean the gospel had now gone to the gentiles as well. He was so convinced that he and the 11 agree to let Paul go to the Gentiles and they would go to the Jews.

In acts 15 when Paul and Barnabas went "to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders" concerning those trying to teach the Gentile Christians they had to come under the law. Peter and the 11 concluded that Gentiles should not follow the law but did tell them a few things to avoid.

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well
. Fare ye well.

Now it seems Peter did not think they should not eat "unclean" meats or they would have included it here. So Peter and the 11 tell the Gentiles they are not to keep the law. Can't get much clearer than that.

So it seems Peter got the same message I see there. No meat is unclean and no person is unclean.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:06 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK4J View Post
I cook Kansas City BBQ style mostly but that's because all the contest I go to are KCBS sanctioned.
When I grow up I want to be like you.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:47 PM

489 posts, read 621,490 times
If they want to, yes. If they don't want to for health or conscience reasons, they should abstain. We have freedom in Christ in matters of dietary law.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:23 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,632 times
Well, I dont like Oysters, sea food....shrimps...yuk. I also do not eat very much pork at all. Maybe Bacon now and again.

Doubtful I will eat that even...after watching video.....if you pour Coke onto raw Pork...wait couple of hours...worms come to the surface....someone tried it...and its true!!!

Pigs eat any old rubbish. God allows us freedom, we are in the age of Grace......but we should still be wise. If you do have to eat Pork, cook it really really well. Same video I watched showed, worms being pulled from someone during an operation. Whole tub of worms! Horrible. Lamb is best.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
When I grow up I want to be like you.
You want to be old and fat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity