Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2012, 03:53 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

I will add again that much of what cimaroon and other universalists of like mind believe, I did too, in the same way I believed a lot of other stuff such as eternal torment. The worm theology and eternal torment teaching(doctrines which I was unmovable in faith in) I believe are the scourge of Christianity and the great deceit, and both similar in effect when believed. I was deceived greatly by both and robbed of the peace and joy of God by this form of Christianity. Thankfully by the grace of God neither of these 2 strongholds of deceived Christianity have no hold on me.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-30-2012 at 04:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 05:23 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I will add again that much of what cimaroon and other universalists of like mind believe, I did too, in the same way I believed a lot of other stuff such as eternal torment. The worm theology and eternal torment teaching(doctrines which I was unmovable in faith in) I believe are the scourge of Christianity and the great deceit, and both similar in effect when believed. I was deceived greatly by both and robbed of the peace and joy of God by this form of Christianity. Thankfully by the grace of God neither of these 2 strongholds of deceived Christianity have no hold on me.
So, where are you now?...

Old 11-30-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
At home.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:51 PM

303 posts, read 430,352 times
Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you Pcamps my friend but I am of no religious theology....I believe in the reconciliation of all men through Jesus Christ, I do not believe in eternal torment and I certainly have not been robbed of peace, for God himself has planted peace in my heart through his promise, the hope of one day seeing Christ manifest in us all. This hope which God has placed in my heart is unmovable and I certainly will not be disappointed. I am full of joy and here is why...even though trouble will come and I know it will, I also know that it will not be forever for just as Christ has overcome the world/flesh...I will too and not only me but everyone that I have loved or not loved, known or not known and this brings me great joy. Now word of advice...as I cannot know the joy and peace God has planted in your heart, you too cannot know the joy and peace planted in mine so I would refrain from saying things such as being robbed of peace and joy, for all you know my peace could be greater than yours and vice versa. Peace always

Old 11-30-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimaroon View Post
Sorry to disappoint you Pcamps my friend but I am of no religious theology....I believe in the reconciliation of all men through Jesus Christ, I do not believe in eternal torment and I certainly have not been robbed of peace, for God himself has planted peace in my heart through his promise, the hope of one day seeing Christ manifest in us all. This hope which God has placed in my heart is unmovable and I certainly will not be disappointed. I am full of joy and here is why...even though trouble will come and I know it will, I also know that it will not be forever for just as Christ has overcome the world/flesh...I will too and not only me but everyone that I have loved or not loved, known or not known and this brings me great joy. Now word of advice...as I cannot know the joy and peace God has planted in your heart, you too cannot know the joy and peace planted in mine so I would refrain from saying things such as being robbed of peace and joy, for all you know my peace could be greater than yours and vice versa. Peace always
Cimaroon, no offence, but why should I refrain from saying that I was robbed of the peace and joy of God by the form of Christianity I formerly believed in ?.

Did you formerly believe in eternal torment ? And if you did, when you saw the error of your thinking what effect did it have on you ?.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
At home.
I had a feeling you were going to say that...

Old 12-01-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
I had a feeling you were going to say that...
Yea you set yourself up for that one .

Quote:
Under no burden whatsoever .

Old 12-01-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Under no burden whatsoever .
Me neither...

Old 12-01-2012, 10:02 PM

303 posts, read 430,352 times
Quote:
Cimaroon, no offence, but why should I refrain from saying that I was robbed of the peace and joy of God by the form of Christianity I formerly believed in ?.

Did you formerly believe in eternal torment ? And if you did, when you saw the error of your thinking what effect did it have on you ?.
No offense taken my friend. I don't think you should refrain from saying that you were robbed of peace and joy, but maybe I may have misunderstood you and if have, I sincerely apologize. I thought that when you said much of what CIMAROON believe, I DID too.....I was deceived greatly by both and robbed of the peace and joy of God by this form of christianity....as though I am greatly decieved and presently robbed of peace and joy simply because I see myself as the beast and not the image of Christ. I want you to know that I am at peace because I know my hope. I SHALL(future tense) bear the image of the heavenly. This is why I said to refrain from thinking you know the strength of my peace and joy.

Quote:
I will add again that much of what cimaroon and other universalists of like mind believe, I did too, ...................... I was deceived greatly by both and robbed of the peace and joy of God by this form of Christianity. Thankfully by the grace of God neither of these 2 strongholds of deceived Christianity have no hold on me.
Yes I did at one time believe in eternal torment and yes it did rob me of peace and joy but don't think that because I see myself as the beast that I am not at peace for it is quote to the contrary. Hope brings peace, and as the scriptures say hope is unseen.......you see Christ when you look in the mirror, so what are you hoping for?

Old 12-01-2012, 11:50 PM

Cimaroon believing I was a no good lousy beastly sinner robbed me of the peace and joy of God, if it does not rob you then fair play to you .
I was heavily involved in the teaching of the sovereignty of God ministry which also focused heavily on the awfulness of the flesh( worm theology)we were the most miserable folk you could ever wish to meet and the most judgmental too. I left the group and in doing so lost everything, even my marriage,but there was one thing for sure, those who believed there was no life outside of the sovereignty of God ministry saw the Grace of God in my life, which outside of their thinking was impossible to them by rejecting the worm theology,(which incidentally over a few years brought a change within the group). I left the group openly, sharing in one of their meetings something God laid on my heart which I did not comprehend and understand until probably 20 years later, but nonetheless freed me from how I saw myself and how I believed God saw me. And to this day, there are some who have left that group even though they may not accept the teaching of universal reconciliation,reject the worm theology you subscribe too and are a testimony of the grace of God.

So if you ask me which of the two is the more evil doctrine and as the greater impact on the life of a person of eternal torment or worm theology ?, I would say worm theology every single time. For having left the group, I began fellowshiping with a beautiful group of people who although they may have not believed in Universal Reconcilation ( but through a book I gave one of its members is doing the rounds and being openly received), most certainly had the evidence of the grace of God on their lives.

Worm theology leaves you with one foot in the grave. The acknowledging of every good thing in us which is in Christ Jesus seats you in heavenly places, and more importantly makes the communication our faith effective. Philemon 1:6

Last edited by pcamps; 12-01-2012 at 11:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity