Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 12:06 PM

303 posts, read 430,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

An author is defined as "the person who originated or gave existence to anything". If, as you say: then you are saying that anything evil you have done originated with God and God gave evil it's existence. That would make God less than perfect.
Who created darkness? Was the darkness good or was it the light that was good? The darkness has never represented anything good in the scriptures and yet God said He created it.

Did you not listen to what he said in Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Even though God has told us in his word that he created the evil we just cast it aside and naturally don't believe him.

God created the darkness,....God created evil. He does everything. He is the only one who can create...there is no other creator but him. This does not make him any less perfect. He himself does not have evil within him.

Quote:
The truth, aisi, is that WE give evil it's existence when we are believing/accepting it as our reality rather than believing/accepting God in us as our reality.
So then if you gave existence to evil...then this makes you a creator too. See what I mean when I say we think we are God...able to create. This is the great deception of the snake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No I know I am that which I hope in.

We are that which we hope in. God called Abram Abraham(father of many nations)before Abram was Abraham(father of many nations). Abram believed he was Abraham( father of many nations)before it was a physical reality.
I have mentioned this a few times and yet you are either ignoring it or do not understand it.
How can you be something and yet still hope to be it. You are either it or you are not it.

God is able to call things into existence. He is able to call the things which are not (you are not my children) as though they were (you are my children) His word will not return void. You cannot be in his image and yet still sin...God has no sin within him. He cannot sin. If you sin and he does not sin then you and him are not the same image. Image means exact likeness.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:14 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimaroon View Post
Am I really incorrect....You say on one hand that it is God who is doing the work in you and then you say on the other hand that you are the one making choices about what rules you. You choose whether you will walk in the spirit of God/love or not.
Yes, you really are incorrect . That which we believe, is that which rules us, aisi. If I am believing God in me is doing good work, then that is what is ruling me. If I am believing that I am a beast, then that is what is ruling me.

Quote:
It wasn't ever your choice. God fashioned you in iniquity. Your nature is hostile to his. It will always do evil. If you walk in love it was God's spirit that made you do it. You did not choose it.

I have come to realize that every time I think an evil thought or speak something I know not to be true, or lose patience with my children, or I am upset with a friend....this is my nature; the flesh. These are the moments that I am grateful....grateful for his sacrifice and mercy. When I am kind, or giving, or understanding, or full of faith, I recognize it isn't me, but the attributes of God's spirit working those things in me and in those moments I am thankful and full of praise. So you see, me seeing the works of the beast doesn't make me want to be more like the beast, instead it makes me grateful and appreciative....and that's a good thing. God used my evil and turned it for good
Of course it doesn't make us WANT to be more like the beast. But if we are fully convinced that is what we are and all we can be in this life, then we are destined to continue to live in defeat as a beast. Once it has been revealed to us that the beast nature (separation from God) is the illusion and the Christ nature is our true reality, and as we remain conscious of this, then we do have to choose whether to be believing the illusion/lie or the reality/truth.

aisi

Old 12-03-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Are you trying to say that we were first created in his image and then BECAME flesh?

God Bless!
Quote:
I believe God became man.

In your original post you were not speaking of God becoming man...you said "what WE became" see below:

Quote:
It's difficult to submit to this truth when we have a whole life time believed something we are not, what we became has never been who we really are.
So I will ask again are you saying we were first created in his image and then BECAME flesh?

Old 12-03-2012, 12:25 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Man can create and the rate they were creating is why God confounded the language.If not why did God confound the language?.There's a thought behind every word, the scripture teaches words are creative,and everything created imagination is behind it.

And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Genesis 11:6

Old 12-03-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Yes, you really are incorrect . That which we believe, is that which rules us, aisi. If I am believing God in me is doing good work, then that is what is ruling me. If I am believing that I am a beast, then that is what is ruling me.

Well then let me ask you this: Do you still commit sin?

Old 12-03-2012, 12:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
In your original post you were not speaking of God becoming man...you said "what WE became" see below:

So I will ask again are you saying we were first created in his image and then BECAME flesh?
We became that which we are not.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:

Of course it doesn't make us WANT to be more like the beast. But if we are fully convinced that is what we are and all we can be in this life, then we are destined to continue to live in defeat as a beast. Once it has been revealed to us that the beast nature (separation from God) is the illusion and the Christ nature is our true reality, and as we remain conscious of this, then we do have to choose whether to be believing the illusion/lie or the reality/truth.

aisi
I will respectfully disagree. I am the beast because I still live in the confines of the flesh, but by no means do I live in defeat. I live in the hope of God's wonderful promise...I shall bear his image....and what a day that will be!

Old 12-03-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
We became that which we are not.
What were we at first?
What did we become?

Old 12-03-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Man can create
Wow! so then God is wrong. He is not the only creator? All things were not created by him because we can create things too!!!

Do you not see the blasphemy in that? Think about it carefully!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity