Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 PM

239 posts, read 193,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
People need to take responsibility over their bad decisions also. It's like rebuilding the section of New Orleans that is below sea level. Yes there will be another hurricane and yes you will be flooded. Please accept the responsibility.
I was sickened by the millions of dollars the US Government took from working families and sent to rebuild some of those areas that are just going to be hit again and again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 12:42 PM

93 posts, read 83,763 times
What do you expect when a nations turns its back on God? Robs him and then let the Atheist tell Christians you cant display a nativity scene on public property in a nation that says it is One Nation Under God.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:59 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had to change names View Post
I noticed the areas impacted by Sandy voted for Obama in both elections. I noticed New Orleans was a vile and sinful place. I noticed the tornado that hit Alabama a few years ago mostly hit the parts of Tuscaloosa where you buy drugs and sex and most crimes were committed.

I know many will say if it's God then way did good people get hurt as well. All I can say is if you move to Sodom don't expect not to have your wife turned to a pillar of salt
!
Quote:
I never said God was sending "Weaponize weather systems". I think your the only one who has said that phrase.

I believe God can take vengeance on sinners, if and when He chooses to.
So had to change names. Are you saying what happened to New Orleans and similar happenings around the States is God doing it ?,Yes or no ?. And if so why is God doing it and how are you terming what you believe God is doing to these States.

If the bolded in your first quote is not God exacting punishment on New Orleans ( Sodom in your eyes) or whatever you want to call I don't know what is.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-07-2012 at 01:20 PM..

Old 12-07-2012, 01:35 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
OK. But what does that have to do with the issues involved with the 3 places I mentioned? I am not making a broad statement that would include every place that has anything bad happen. I mad observations about 3 places and only those places.
Because (to me) it isn't consistant or logical. Those 3 places were God's wrath, but Joplin and Greensburg were......?

Old 12-07-2012, 01:46 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Hurricane Sandy: Natures way of saying don't build on the beach stupid.
Ah, but life includes taking risks sometimes if there are advantages to them. An acquaintance who lost her summer house to Sandy said the lady across the street, in her 90s, had lived there for 73 years. In all that time, she was safe, and she lived with the view and smell of the sea. It was worth the risk.

I once worked in the tallest building in NYC. It was amazing, like working in the sky. We knew there was a risk--people had threatened to knock it down for more than 15 years and had even tried once before. Then one day, they did it. Sure, it wpuld make you uneasy sometimes knowing that there was a potential for another terrorist attack. But the alternative meant you didn't look out the window and see what we could see.

Life is risk. You choose which ones you'll accept.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:25 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,351 times
A butterfly flaps it's wings in Japan, and in Central Park, you get rain instead of sun.

It's called "weather", people, and it happens, and has been doing so for billions of years. Hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and on and on have been happening since way before homo sapiens came along.

I guess the dinosaurs were having a little too much gay sex, that asteroid did a number on them!

Old 12-07-2012, 04:09 PM

239 posts, read 193,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Because (to me) it isn't consistant or logical. Those 3 places were God's wrath, but Joplin and Greensburg were......?
No one has said there were God's wrath but only made an observation of what the places were like. You are trying to read too much into what was said. This is how so many people misunderstand the bible too. They jump on what they think it say's rather than what was said. Then argue when told they are wrong. Let it go.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:27 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Glad you got a laugh out of it. I wonder if Lot was laughing as he moved into the hills after he lost everything and his wife? That's a real knee slapper there!
Wasn't Lot having sex with his virgin daughters? You know....the ones he had previously offered up to be gang-raped by the townsfolk of Sodom?

And Lot was called a "righteous man".

Old 12-07-2012, 04:42 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
What do you expect when a nations turns its back on God? Robs him and then let the Atheist tell Christians you cant display a nativity scene on public property in a nation that says it is One Nation Under God.
Clearly the nation has not been giving God His fair share of the plunder of cattle, sheep, donkeys and virgins.

Numbers 31:31-40 KJV - And Moses and Eleazar the priest did as - Bible Gateway

Numbers 31

And Moses and Eleazar the priest did as the Lord commanded Moses.
32 And the booty, being the rest of the prey which the men of war had caught, was six hundred thousand and seventy thousand and five thousand sheep,
33 And threescore and twelve thousand beeves,
34 And threescore and one thousand asses,
35 And thirty and two thousand persons in all, of women that had not known man by lying with him.
36 And the half, which was the portion of them that went out to war, was in number three hundred thousand and seven and thirty thousand and five hundred sheep:
37 And the Lord'S tribute of the sheep was six hundred and threescore and fifteen.
38 And the beeves were thirty and six thousand; of which the Lord'S tribute was threescore and twelve.
39 And the asses were thirty thousand and five hundred; of which the Lord'S tribute was threescore and one.
40 And the persons were sixteen thousand; of which the Lord'S tribute was thirty and two persons.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:02 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
No one has said there were God's wrath but only made an observation of what the places were like. You are trying to read too much into what was said. This is how so many people misunderstand the bible too. They jump on what they think it say's rather than what was said. Then argue when told they are wrong. Let it go.
OK, I guess I just don't understand, so I will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity