Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 11:23 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,380,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
God has been speaking all the long, but do people listen?
Maybe, but unfortunately, most people don't speak "stormese."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 12:30 PM

239 posts, read 193,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Tornado Alley and Hurricane territory are focused on the Bible Belt, the most conservative, religious area of the country. The most liberal, "sinful" places in the country are rarely hit by disasters (California being an exception). World wide, the most liberal places on Earth (Western Europe, Canada, Scandinavia, etc.) basically have no disasters to speak of. Amsterdam makes Las Vegas look like Disney World. When's the last time a tornado or hurricane hit Amsterdam?

Your post is illogical and disgusting.
So your saying what I posted is not true? Where did I err?

Old 12-04-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This post is disgusting. I can only hope that you've just brought a little bit of hell upon yourself with your hatred and lack of compassion. Not very Christian of me to wish such things on another, true, but alas, that's how I feel.

I live very near to the devastation wrought by Sandy. For you to sit there and make a mockery of their tragedy behind a pretend Christian facade--well, as I said, I believe you will be repaid, and if I were you, I'd be very worried. When what you deserve comes to you, remember that you brought it upon yourself.
Just saying what I noticed. It's all true but you have twisted it to something I never said nor intended. That say's a lot about who and what your are indeed.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:58 PM

588 posts, read 796,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had to change names View Post
I noticed the areas impacted by Sandy voted for Obama in both elections. I noticed New Orleans was a vile and sinful place. I noticed the tornado that hit Alabama a few years ago mostly hit the parts of Tuscaloosa where you buy drugs and sex and most crimes were committed.
Isn't it amazing how God sends tornados mostly to the central US and hurricanes to the US east and gulf coasts? And the planet Jupiter, has an ongoing (several decades) hurricane as large as our entire planet. God must be particularly unhappy with Jupiter.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:35 PM

398 posts, read 545,879 times
Yeah... I understand the winds in that Red Spot are in the 300 to 400 mph range. So much for putting up my satellite dish this year. :-(

FWIW.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
Isn't it amazing how God sends tornados mostly to the central US and hurricanes to the US east and gulf coasts? And the planet Jupiter, has an ongoing (several decades) hurricane as large as our entire planet. God must be particularly unhappy with Jupiter.
I don't know, I was just pointing out some facts just as you did. By the way you misspelled a word in your post. "tornados" should be "tornadoes"!

Old 12-04-2012, 04:14 PM

88,611 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Default !

Quote:
Just saying what I noticed. It's all true but you have twisted it to something I never said nor intended. That say's a lot about who and what your are indeed.
Quote:
I don't know, I was just pointing out some facts just as you did. By the way you misspelled a word in your post. "tornados" should be "tornadoes"!
Woo-hoo, here's that get-the-log-outta-your-own-eye thing live right here on City-Data!

Oh, and by the way, you misspelled Caribbean in your OP, too.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:18 PM

88,611 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
What you SAID was that my lifelong home is "Sodom". That's "all true?" Really? And you don't think you are being Moderator cut: Inappropriate by saying something like that about a lot of people you don't even know, many whom I can already tell are far, far, FAR more faithful Christians than you are? And pretending to be a Christian to hide behind your miserable hateful nastiness? REALLY?

Last edited by june 7th; 12-04-2012 at 09:54 PM..

Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Woo-hoo, here's that get-the-log-outta-your-own-eye thing live right here on City-Data!

Oh, and by the way, you misspelled Caribbean in your OP, too.
I never used that word in my post. You need to look at who posted what to see who misspelled the word.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
What you SAID was that my lifelong home is "Sodom". That's "all true?" Really? And you don't think you are being judgmental--Moderator cut: Orphaned by saying something like that about a lot of people you don't even know, many whom I can already tell are far, far, FAR more faithful Christians than you are? And pretending to be a Christian to hide behind your miserable hateful nastiness? REALLY?
I understand the truth can be hard to accept sometimes. I did not say all you claim I did though. Perhaps you are reading more into what I said than what I really said. I was just pointing out some facts. Can you point out anything I said that was not factual?

Last edited by june 7th; 12-04-2012 at 09:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity