Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 12:39 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
Hurricane Sandy. THE PERFECT STORM! One Nation under God! Everything about Sandy had to be perfect. From the day she formed in the Carribean everything had to come together. What are the odds that on a full moon, high tide, cold front to move in and steer Sandy straight for Wall Street, NY and NJ these things would happen. God always sends warnings before He passes judgement. Trying to save as many as possible!
If you look back at this past year and all the extreme weather events that took place and are taking place, one must seriously consider Revelation of Jesus Christ.
I prefer he just speak English!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 06:30 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had to change names View Post
I understand the truth can be hard to accept sometimes. I did not say all you claim I did though. Perhaps you are reading more into what I said than what I really said. I was just pointing out some facts. Can you point out anything I said that was not factual?
Well, yes. You inferred by your "Sodom" remark that the NY/NJ area hit by the hurricane was comparable to the biblical city where ten good people could not be found. That the people who live there should expect to be harmed, or have their wives turned into pillars of salt, as the metaphor you used said.

People who work on Wall Street are not by definition evil (and just what's at the foot of Wall Street, hmm?). People who live near the water in NJ or in the Rockaways are not by definition evil just because they live there, and it seems bizarre and un-Christlike to set that kind of blanket judgment against a whole lot of individuals one has never met.

Right now, people are rising above the tragedy and helping one another out, neighbor to neighbor, far and beyond anything most people outside the area can even imagine. Every morning people check in to the volunteer stations in the hardest-hit towns and get out there and rake through the muck and help others recover whatever belongings they can. The area food pantries and places collecting clothing were so full in the first few weeks that they asked folks to hold off on donating things for a few more weeks because they didn't have room to store everything. Churches are gathering and donating gift cards to home improvement and hardware stores to help people fix their homes when insurance doesn't cover everything.

Doesn't sound like a place comparable to Sodom to me.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:48 AM

239 posts, read 193,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, yes. You inferred by your "Sodom" remark that the NY/NJ area hit by the hurricane was comparable to the biblical city where ten good people could not be found. That the people who live there should expect to be harmed, or have their wives turned into pillars of salt, as the metaphor you used said.

People who work on Wall Street are not by definition evil (and just what's at the foot of Wall Street, hmm?). People who live near the water in NJ or in the Rockaways are not by definition evil just because they live there, and it seems bizarre and un-Christlike to set that kind of blanket judgment against a whole lot of individuals one has never met.

Right now, people are rising above the tragedy and helping one another out, neighbor to neighbor, far and beyond anything most people outside the area can even imagine. Every morning people check in to the volunteer stations in the hardest-hit towns and get out there and rake through the muck and help others recover whatever belongings they can. The area food pantries and places collecting clothing were so full in the first few weeks that they asked folks to hold off on donating things for a few more weeks because they didn't have room to store everything. Churches are gathering and donating gift cards to home improvement and hardware stores to help people fix their homes when insurance doesn't cover everything.

Doesn't sound like a place comparable to Sodom to me.
I did not say any place was just like Sodom. I gave the reference about living near a sinful place as it relates to bad things happening to good people. You should note that in my OP I made a new paragraph to indicate the change of subject. Sorry you misunderstood that.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:15 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
I did not say any place was just like Sodom. I gave the reference about living near a sinful place as it relates to bad things happening to good people. You should note that in my OP I made a new paragraph to indicate the change of subject. Sorry you misunderstood that.
Uh-huh. So what is the bad place we are living near? You know, as it relates to Sandy and the devastation here that happened to good people?

Old 12-06-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Uh-huh. So what is the bad place we are living near? You know, as it relates to Sandy and the devastation here that happened to good people?
OK. Final attempt to help you to understand. I made factual comments about the area Sandy hit. I made factual comments about New Orleans and factual comments about the parts of the city of Tuscaloosa hit by the tornado. I then started a new paragraph and mentioned that some would take issue by bringing up the good people who were also affected. (exactly what like you did) and compared it to living in a place among those whom God pours out His wrath.

If and I do say if, God used these things because of the sin and wickedness I pointed out then some good people would have been affected because they choose to live among them. Just as Lot did in his day.

Now if that bothers you I am sorry that you choose to feel that way. At least I did not call you vulgar names and attack you personally.

End of discussion

Old 12-06-2012, 10:11 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,502,256 times
Quote:
OK. Final attempt to help you to understand. I made factual comments about the area Sandy hit. I made factual comments about New Orleans and factual comments about the parts of the city of Tuscaloosa hit by the tornado. I then started a new paragraph and mentioned that some would take issue by bringing up the good people who were also affected. (exactly what like you did) and compared it to living in a place among those whom God pours out His wrath.

If and I do say if, God used these things because of the sin and wickedness I pointed out then some good people would have been affected because they choose to live among them. Just as Lot did in his day.

Now if that bothers you I am sorry that you choose to feel that way. At least I did not call you vulgar names and attack you personally.

End of discussion
OK. Greensburg, Kansas? Someone else mention Joplin, MO. Both complete nightmares. Real 'salt of the earth' places, so to speak.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:35 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:

End of discussion
I believe the judgement of God( not fire and brimstone,reaping what you sow) is upon this kind of thinking.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
OK. Greensburg, Kansas? Someone else mention Joplin, MO. Both complete nightmares. Real 'salt of the earth' places, so to speak.
OK. But what does that have to do with the issues involved with the 3 places I mentioned? I am not making a broad statement that would include every place that has anything bad happen. I mad observations about 3 places and only those places.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I believe the judgement of God( not fire and brimstone,reaping what you sow) is upon this kind of thinking.
Exactly what thinking would that be? So far everyone who has responded to my post don't even know what the words posted meant much less have any clue of my thinking.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:51 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
What you are seeing with your eyes instead of righteous judgement. Your words on your posts are nothing more than your own thoughts( what you think).

Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them

But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity