Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 04:18 AM

398 posts, read 545,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had to change names View Post
I noticed the areas impacted by Sandy voted for Obama in both elections. I noticed New Orleans was a vile and sinful place. I noticed the tornado that hit Alabama a few years ago mostly hit the parts of Tuscaloosa where you buy drugs and sex and most crimes were committed.

I know many will say if it's God then way did good people get hurt as well. All I can say is if you move to Sodom don't expect not to have your wife turned to a pillar of salt!
Take it easy, fella.... a lot of good people died in Joplin, Missouri....are you going to tell me that was a "sin Capital"? What about Johnstown and Galveston and San Francisco? What about Japan and China? You gonna tell me that all of those millions of dead from the historic flooding of the Yangtse River was because their were sinful, terrible people. Moderator cut: deleted

Moderator cut: deleted as inappropriate

Last edited by june 7th; 12-05-2012 at 09:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 06:48 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,020,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Moderator cut: Inappropriate
Moderator cut: Orphaned response The New Testament says our minds need to be RENEWED, but I see a lot of minds being destroyed by religion.

Last edited by june 7th; 12-05-2012 at 10:01 AM..

Old 12-05-2012, 06:54 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,173,765 times

A storm, god is mad.
What is this 800 A.D.?

A nice sunny day, god's warring of better days to come.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 AM

93 posts, read 83,784 times
Do any of you understand why Jesus in the Gospel of Luke says, but first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation? To save as many as possible!
Hurricane Sandy had nothing to do with Obama. Everything to do with Judgement of a Nation. One Nation Under God. Where did it hit? In the Heart of the financial district. From Wall Street to Washington D.C.
Remove one item from My House and I'll remove a thousand items from your house, meaning this nation.
Dare a man rob God!
Again why do you think that over thousands upon thousands of record heat was broken this year. Drought, derichos, wildfires, etc has come upon this nation? Judgement of a nation.
Amazing, no one has asked what I said before the alter, the cross and to the congregation that allowed Me to ask a question of the Father and get a direct immediate answer with a Smile from Heaven with the Face of God shinning down upon Me.
Now I am in an area where I must climb out of the valley to get cell phone reception. So if it takes me sometime to get back to you know why.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:09 AM

281 posts, read 306,493 times
Of course, it could just be the natural order of nature, that God put in motion thousands of years ago. I don't know, couldn't it just be that a fallen creation takes it's toll according to the laws of nature put in place by God from the beginning? Aren't all natural disasters a judgment on man? Isn't it exactly because of man's sinful nature that these things were set in place? Of course it's God's judgment on man, but it's a general judgment based the curse set forth from the fall and not a specific judgment based on any particular sinfulness of an area. No place is any more sinful in God's eyes than any other, just in ours. San Francisco is much more sinful that Blythe, but everyone in both of those cities are just as sinful as anyone else. It a tragedy that anyone looses so much and especially the loss of life. Instead of being judgmental about it, we should cry for the loss of all those souls, many to the eternal fire of Hell because of man's sinfulness. Remember, we could be living in a perfect world had not sin entered in, so let's not make God a vile creature of wreckless abandon that is often portrayed by both Christians and non-Christians alike. God may have set the laws of nature into motion, but except for a few examples from Scripture that were definitely call judgments, mostly nature takes care of itself.

In Christ,

Matthew

Old 12-05-2012, 09:45 AM

93 posts, read 83,784 times
Hi Matthew. What you're saying is that you discount the Revelation of Jesus Christ and all the prophets that spoke of these times. For Christ is given to the Gentiles.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:27 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,502,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
You have not done so. You stated:

You're suggesting that the OP "thinks" that the catastrophe is "a sign of some sort" as a consequence of his 'self-absorption.'

You're adjusting your argument to more clearly challenge the OP's argument, but you're still trying to keep the ad hominem. His self-absorption that you suspect is irrelevant. His psychological reason for believing that a catastrophe is a sign is irrelevant.
I understand what you are saying. Yes, it is irrelevent and not proper debating. I'm not a debater ( I suspect that you are ), I'm simply joining a conversation and I'm not trying to "win." Unlike other posters, I would never suggest that he needs meds based on his thoughts about Sandy since I think it's been human nature to look at disasters as signs (the gods are angry) from the earliest times that we've been able to wonder and reason about the world around us.

So how about this. Just some thoughts, nothing more. Every storm is the perfect storm, from minor to major. The atmospheric conditions must be just so. There is a good reason why meteorologists and storm chasers use scientific data in order to predict storms, and not the front page of the newspaper.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:09 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had to change n unjustmes View Post
I noticed the areas impacted by Sandy voted for Obama in both elections. I noticed New Orleans was a vile and sinful place. I noticed the tornado that hit Alabama a few years ago mostly hit the parts of Tuscaloosa where you buy drugs and sex and most crimes were committed.

I know many will say if it's God then way did good people get hurt as well. All I can say is if you move to Sodom don't expect not to have your wife turned to a pillar of salt!
Repetitive adverse weather patterns happen in various parts of the globe. Does that mean more sinners reside there to cause those storms to happen for judgement sake or is that really the way God designed the earth. It is how He designed the earth and all both good and bad happen to live there. You see it as places where more sin goes on but Jesus says otherwise He said the following:

LK 13:1-5 "There were present at that season some that told Him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose you that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, No: but, except you repent, you shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think you that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, No: but, except you repent, you shall all likewise perish."

Or how about that great wind that Satan called for to kill Jobs' children in order to cause Job to curse God. Job had done no sin yet he lost his children to that storm. Storms happen to the just and the unjust. The just and the unjust all die together in planes, cars, trains and storms. Therefor Jesus said judge not lest you be judged for with the measure you judge, you shall be judged.

The next time you are in a strorm and you will be, do you want God to judge you a sinner more than those outside the storm because you happen to be in the storm? No man can judge what God does with the weather. It just may be your time to go to heaven if killed in a storm. You just do not know. Judge not!!! Pray for and help if you can those afflicted, not judge them.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:14 PM

239 posts, read 193,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Repetitive adverse weather patterns happen in various parts of the globe. Does that mean more sinners reside there to cause those storms to happen for judgement sake or is that really the way God designed the earth. It is how He designed the earth and all both good and bad happen to live there. You see it as places where more sin goes on but Jesus says otherwise He said the following:

LK 13:1-5 "There were present at that season some that told Him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose you that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, No: but, except you repent, you shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think you that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, No: but, except you repent, you shall all likewise perish."

Or how about that great wind that Satan called for to kill Jobs' children in order to cause Job to curse God. Job had done no sin yet he lost his children to that storm. Storms happen to the just and the unjust. The just and the unjust all die together in planes, cars, trains and storms. Therefor Jesus said judge not lest you be judged for with the measure you judge, you shall be judged.

The next time you are in a strorm and you will be, do you want God to judge you a sinner more than those outside the storm because you happen to be in the storm? No man can judge what God does with the weather. It just may be your time to go to heaven if killed in a storm. You just do not know. Judge not!!! Pray for and help if you can those afflicted, not judge them.
I was just making some observations for some very specific places and specific events. So far no one has shown me anything I said that was not true. Just a bunch of off topic hollier than thou stuff like your posted. Hope you feel better about yourself

Old 12-05-2012, 07:44 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had to change names View Post
I was just making some observations for some very specific places and specific events. So far no one has shown me anything I said that was not true. Just a bunch of off topic hollier than thou stuff like your posted. Hope you feel better about yourself
Not Hollier than you. I simply said differantly than you and you don't like to be challenged with something else without resorting to personal attacks. Do you always kill a conversation that could lead to learning with such comments. I was not at all off topic but very much to the point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity