Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 06:24 AM

315 posts, read 255,909 times

Advertisements

Since the bible clearly says the in the end times things are going to be immoral and evil as far as you see things and this must come to pass before the judgment day, Armageddon,Harmageddon or what ever you call it. Then why do you people fight so hard by trying to pass laws keeping people from doing what you say has to happen.

Would this not pit you against the so called word of god? Would it not put you in the same position as when the disciples said to Jesus that he did not have to die, to which he replied; get behind me Satan.

I guess I never understood why you or many of your kind fight so hard to stop what you say has to happen.Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-08-2013 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: keep it nice please :)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 07:22 AM

45,540 posts, read 27,157,256 times
You are correct regarding the immoral and evil times.

On the one hand, followers of Christ should understand we are in history.

On the other hand, sin is destructive and consequences follow. When a lady gets her purse stolen, should we tell her not to worry - God said these days would be evil? Change the purse stealing and say the lady was murdered in the process of the robbery. Now there is a whole family and community in pain and grief because of sin.

We are made in the image of God. This image includes a desire for justice. It is inherent in us (aside from those who have a seared conscious) that people be treated fairly and crimes are not acted out. And if there is a crime, punishment should follow.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 04-08-2013 at 08:12 AM..

Old 04-08-2013, 07:27 AM

4,685 posts, read 6,134,447 times
Great question, but is plan B is to just sit back and do absolutely nothing? If its going to happen it will happen regardless of how hard Christians trys to stand for morality in regards to certain debates or laws.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,172 times
if christians just sit back, you will then create a thread asking why christians dont stand up to injustice.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:34 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,914,157 times
I'd venture to say that the question is more about why Christians try to impose moral standards that have no basis other than religious perceptions. Outdated, but blue laws would be one example. And I would v enture to say that Christians should not be trying to impose purely religious perceptions on the general populace, if a reason can not be demonstrated by anything but "God said so," it does NOT belong in the political arena.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:37 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
Since the bible clearly says the in the end times things are going to be immoral and evil as far as you see things and this must come to pass before the judgment day, Armageddon,Harmageddon or what ever you call it. Then why do you people fight so hard by trying to pass laws keeping people from doing what you say has to happen.

Would this not pit you against the so called word of god? Would it not put you in the same position as when the disciples said to Jesus that he did not have to die, to which he replied; get behind me Satan.

I guess I never understood why you or many of your kind fight so hard to stop what you say has to happen.Moderator cut: delete
In the first place, Christians are not the only people on this planet with morals and values, not the only ones fighting the evil and immorality they see in various ways - including working to pass laws to stop it.

In the second place, the Bible says in Matthew 24 that no man knows the day or hour of the second coming - only GOD knows this.

It could be today, it could be in 500 years, it could be in 10,000 years!

Since we don't know, we have to live a prepared life

Prepared for what is to come, and prepared for what we have here with us now on this earth. THAT is why people "fight so hard".

Old 04-08-2013, 12:52 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,460 times
The word of God also says the evil and wicked generation will end. It says Gods kingdom will come when His will is done on earth as it is in heaven. So to get rid of evil man must do Gods will as Jesus did and as all the prophets who have walked in Gods presence and kept His word.

"Blessed is he who hears the word of the Lord and keeps it."

Old 04-08-2013, 01:03 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,158,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
In the first place, Christians are not the only people on this planet with morals and values, not the only ones fighting the evil and immorality they see in various ways - including working to pass laws to stop it.

In the second place, the Bible says in Matthew 24 that no man knows the day or hour of the second coming - only GOD knows this.

It could be today, it could be in 500 years, it could be in 10,000 years!

Since we don't know, we have to live a prepared life

Prepared for what is to come, and prepared for what we have here with us now on this earth. THAT is why people "fight so hard".
Great response! I agree with this.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:26 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,183,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post

We live in this world and we want to have it the way we want it. Is it that hard to understand? Why do you fight against what we want?

Old 04-08-2013, 02:38 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Most Christians are called to pray for the priest and leaders and people who will go through the end times of Jesus second coming and the sin in the world, will make the world totally lost to the Lord in those days .......So if believers can help make a world where the Lord Jesus has a place and Christians has a place in the world which is tolerable for their religion to exist then that is what they should be doing , because the laws in the end time will overcome Christians and make believing in God and exercising the faith employable and perplexed as Jesus call it to be ..... See the devil and his manipulation on man , makes the plan of God unrealistic and will be moving people 180 degrees away from God ..... So if you see people in no favor with God then you see the works of the devil, as the devil is a control , and people in hopelessness is his plan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity