Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 08:14 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I never said that I was quoting a verse from the Bible when I said that reality will roll right over you. Nevertheless, the two verses I provided in response to your challenge express the reality of the principle. Come to Christ before you die for eternal life or spend the eternal future in the lake of fire. Reject that fact and learn the truth of it the hard way. And those who reject Christ are already under judgment. If that offends you then it offends you. And if my dogmatic stance offends you, then it offends you.

We are done here.
You don't see how your ego came into play there though? I asked you for the passage that said reality will roll right over you. And that's the post you give me. That passage is not set there to offend people but because in your desire to condemn someone, you put it up there so it comes across offensively. The Bible says what it says, yes. But you brought it up at this time not to talk to others about God, but to offend.

That's where the misrepresentation of God comes in.

If you don't see that, then yes, we are done here.

Quite frankly, if I weren't a Christian and knew nothing of God, I would be offended and would not want to associate with this religion with a God whose members are going around so aggressively throwing lake of fire around. Maybe to you your salvation is secure but it's not just about you, God would like to draw all men to Him but because you're a manifestation of His light it's YOUR mouth he'd like to use to to speak the word, and you misrepresented him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 08:19 AM

33,240 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
You don't see how your ego came into play there though? I asked you for the passage that said reality will roll right over you. And that's the post you give me. That passage is not set there to offend people but because in your desire to condemn someone, you put it up there so it comes across offensively. The Bible says what it says, yes. But you brought it up at this time not to talk to others about God, but to offend.

That's where the misrepresentation of God comes in.

If you don't see that, then yes, we are done here.

Quite frankly, if I weren't a Christian and knew nothing of God, I would be offended and would not want to associate with this religion with a God whose members are going around so aggressively throwing lake of fire around. Maybe to you your salvation is secure but it's not just about you, God would like to draw all men to Him but because you're a manifestation of His light it's YOUR mouth he'd like to use to to speak the word, and you misrepresented him.
Your accusation that I have a desire to condemn anyone is false. We are all born already under condemnation.

The Bible teaches the reality of the lake of fire, therefore, so do I.

It is the Universalists who misrepresent God. Not me.

But you are free to think whatever you want.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:52 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,816 times
Quote:
Your accusation that I have a desire to condemn anyone is false. We are all born already under condemnation.

Oh I see. So to you you're just letting them know the conditions you feel we're all under. I can go on and on about this...but I get what you're perception now.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:55 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
The Bible says what it says. That God is love, but that He is also a God who judges righteously. Even to the eternal condemnation of those who die without accepting Christ as Savior.
Sticking your head in the sand like an Ostrich and refusing to face reality does not change reality. Delude yourself as you will. The time is coming when reality is going to roll right over you. So go right on living in the land of fruitloops and looney tunes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Could be,so which is Hell, a lake of fire or serving a god like that?
Well said, nate.I am always bemused by this unqualified readiness to embrace a Godfather-like offer of love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It's sad that you say this with so much disdain and self-righteousness
Quote:
Stating the truth with certainty is not self-righteousness. And yes, I am disgusted by much of what is posted on this forum. Be sad then if you've a mind to.
The preponderance of posts from those who disagree with you are filled with "love of God and each other," Mike. Whereas the preponderance of posts from those who agree with you are filled with condemnation and threats of hell-fire . . . and YOU are disgusted???

Old 04-21-2013, 09:57 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:

'God, I thank you that I am not like other people.'

Those who exalt themselves will be humbled.
And those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Could be, so which is Hell, a lake of fire or serving a god like that?
Jesus is traveling to Jerusalem with His disciples, as He passes through Samaria the people do not receive him. When two of his disciples (James and John) saw this, they said, 'Lord, will YOU have us command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elijah did?' Jesus turned toward them and said, 'You know not what manner of spirit you are of; for the Son of Man has NOT come to DESTROY humanity, but to SAVE it.’

"The thoughts of death and the mythologies of Hades will be consumed through the Spirit of love."

Old 04-21-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"The thoughts of death and the mythologies of Hades will be consumed through the Spirit of love."
If God ultimately destroys the majority of humanity who refuse to worship Him (or who have not yet come to believe him), then He is NO different than
Nebuchadnezzar who commanded Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego to worship the golden statue of himself; throwing them into a fiery furnace.

"The flames of hell are backfiring on the false images of God created by men."

Old 04-21-2013, 01:08 PM

33,240 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well said, nate.I am always bemused by this unqualified readiness to embrace a Godfather-like offer of love.

The preponderance of posts from those who disagree with you are filled with "love of God and each other," Mike. Whereas the preponderance of posts from those who agree with you are filled with condemnation and threats of hell-fire . . . and YOU are disgusted???
I am disgusted with the Satanically inspired false teaching that there is no need to place your trust in Jesus in order to have eternal life because everyone is already saved. Or the other Universalist version of that false teaching. That everyone will ultimately be saved. The Word of God says otherwise.

Everyone is born already under condemnation as is plainly stated in John 3:18. Everyone who does not obey the command to believe on Jesus Christ shall not see life but the wrath or judgement of God abides on them, which again is plainly stated in John 3:36.

False teachers who lead others astray. Who give false assurances. Who pervert the true gospel of salvation which is summarized by John 3:16. 'For God so loved the world, that whoever believes on Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Last edited by Michael Way; 04-21-2013 at 01:16 PM..

Old 04-21-2013, 01:10 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If God ultimately destroys the majority of humanity who refuse to worship Him (or who have not yet come to believe him), then He is NO different than
Nebuchadnezzar who commanded Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego to worship the golden statue of himself; throwing them into a fiery furnace.

"The flames of hell are backfiring on the false images of God created by men."
I would put this down as a 7 on the Richter scale of severely shaking the foundations of the doctrines and traditions of men.

Some might say "well Nebuchadnezzar is not God", to right he's not,sending out a decree like that.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:38 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
I wouldn't even consider reading this thread, when the answer is so simple. Just one final comment on this: Don't bother paying attention to Mystic's attempts do deal with the Greek. The phrase he referenced is easily translatable and has been done so in the Greek in modern translations. (John's Greek is the simplest in the New Testament) If you have a good translation, unless the person has been extensively trained, don't bother with their "hidden meaning" crap. You can trust what's written in the English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity