Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 11:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

just like this, all else is speculation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 11:12 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
If not,we can backtrack to find out which one isn`t true or why it isn`t true or what you think about it. If yes then we can move on.
So you are saying that God wishes for things to happen or he hopes some things will happen but he doesn`t really know if they will happen?

Old 01-09-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
So you are saying that God wishes for things to happen or he hopes some things will happen but he doesn`t really know if they will happen?
I`m just asking that`s all. This can be deep study of scripture ham,not just superficial reading. But we have to understand what the scripture is saying.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:15 PM

364 posts, read 766,005 times
Quote:

No I'm saying he will not force anyone to accept Christ

Old 01-09-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS View Post
No I'm saying he will not force anyone to accept Christ
O.K. thanks

Old 01-09-2008, 11:18 PM

your welcome

Old 01-09-2008, 11:30 PM

Now i think you know where I'm coming from can you explain your view alittle further?

about all people being saved but yet the people who are not found in the book of life being cast into the lake of fire

Last edited by HistoryasIS; 01-09-2008 at 11:45 PM..

Old 01-10-2008, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS View Post
Now i think you know where I'm coming from can you explain your view alittle further?

about all people being saved but yet the lake of fire being in use?
The thing is ham, and i mean this respectively, in a deeper study of scripture we have to take it one step at a time. We have to lay a foundation of scripture and then build up from that. If we can`t agree on certain scriptures then it won`t matter. I`m sure there will be a lot of people on here tomorrow who will read this and say, what i believe is of satan and I`m deceived, and blah blah blah. Because I don`t believe like the church does. All I can do and all I`ve tried to do is take it one scripture at a time. I`m not mad,i`m just explaining where I am coming from. I can take a plain scripture and ask if we believe it. Not add to it or take away from it or make an assumption in it. Just post it and ask if it is true. for instance,does god say he will do all of his good pleasure. I post scripture that just says yes. No assumptions made,it just says he will do ALL his pleasure. Then i post a scripture that says it is god`s pleasure that ALL men be saved. No assumptions, nothing added,just scripture. So if god says he wills or it is his pleasure that ALL be saved, then he says his pleasure he WILL do,then I just believe that. but it`s not just one scripture. ? He says that in several places. It`s pretty simple. But because that is not what the church teaches people won`t believe that. Again,It`s not my place to try and make anybody believe anything. God has to open eyes. I`m just posting scripture and asking if you believe it. Once we get the foundation built on the principles we believe and what God says then we can build some more. But if we can`t get the foundation laid then it doesn`t make sense to move on. for instance ,someone,maybe it was alpha I`m not sure, post a scripture that says..wide is the gate and broad is the way and says I`m just quoting Jesus. O.k. I believe that. i believe the way is broad. but you have to understand basic scriptural truths before you can just throw scripture around hodge podge. An example,Jesus says if you`re eye offends you cut it out, eat my flesh and drink my blood,heap burning coals on their head,it`s easier for a camel to enter through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom etc. etc..Jesus said a lot of things. so you just can`t jump to conclusions from one verse. you have to build a foundation. Are we really eating his flesh? Can a camel go through the eye of a needle? Are you going to cut out your eye? Is this what he really meant in the literal sense. Of course not. so you can`t look at one scripture and say see see right here it says this,so your beliefs are from satan. That is the way the bible is written for the serious bible student. you have to search and seek and pray. That`s why it is so easy for satan to blind people to the truth because of the way the bible is written. That`s why they didn`t understand who Jesus relly was. Think about that. the religous leaders of that day didn`t even understand the torah. But they were respected leaders of the church. Learned and studied in scriptures. They had the respect of the people. People looked up to them because of their knowledge but in their wisdom they were fools. They had all of the learning and training and Jesus made them out to be fools. They didn`t see it because they were blinded to the truth. They thought God was leading them. Just like people today believe they are hearing from the holy spirit. they have a feeling in their spirit about some doctrine. But I don`t base whether something is right on my feelings. Because your feelings can deceive you. But,god`s word never fails. That is the truth. God`s word has to be the final authority,not if something feels right. But we can discuss it further if you wish tomorrow.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:41 AM

one other thing i wanted to add is..... this is why i think so many people get turned away from god and the church. I mean look at the church. They can`t agree on a lot of things. they are supposed to have one truth but yet they are split on soo many things. If god is god of truth then why so much confusion in the church. Is God the author of that? pre trib..post trib..mid trib. sprinkle..emersion..free will..pre distination...once saved always saved...sat or sun....gifts of the spirit....tongues..slain in the spirit...etc. etc. But all say they worship the same god. Is this an example to the world about god`s people? so divided about what they believe. Some say.. Oh,well we all believe that Jesus is the only way and that`s all that matters. But is this a good example to the world. i`ve heard that many times from people who don`t believe in the bible because of all of the confusion in the church. Just some thoughts!

Old 01-10-2008, 03:21 AM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Good points, Dave!

Ham and Spam, u 2 are 2 funny sometimes. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity