Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 10:22 AM

794 posts, read 846,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The work of Christ is finished when it is finished IN us, aisi. The "good things we do" are Christ working through us to finish the work that was begun.
No. It is finished when Jesus cried out "FINISHED!" On the cross. It is up to us to believe in that finished work, Believe that God has made you righteous by the blood of Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 10:24 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
A free ticket to easy street? ... Did Jesus pay for your sins or not? Was that a free ticket? NO! Free implies it was given and nothing had to be done in return for it. But God did not just give us salvation without something happening. It costs Him His Son.
What did it cost YOU? You are the one receiving the "ticket."

Old 06-20-2013, 10:26 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Allow me to finish the sentence:

Jesus' gospel of grace appears to have been rejected by Pope Francis.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:26 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
No. It is finished when Jesus cried out "FINISHED!" On the cross. It is up to us to believe in that finished work, Believe that God has made you righteous by the blood of Jesus.
Because God sees the end from the beginning, in God's eyes it is finished, yes. But in our individual experience, it is not finished until we are made into the image of God by the power of Christ working in and through us.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWitnesses View Post
Nothing devalues Jesus. Don't ever say that...because you are insulting Jesus.

How about addressing my post #58?
It seems you can't address my points, so you just rattle off something like this again.

Right belief does not produce right living automatically...because the REALITY is...that even when people say they believe and they accept Christ...in many cases it still takes a long time (and in some cases many years) for them to SURRENDER to his will. Once you surrender to Christ and God's will, then yes, what you are saying can occur. But the reality is (and this is provable)...you can know in your heart it is true, and you can BELIEVE, but that is NOT the same as the type of surrender that leads to true repentance and transcendence.

And please don't exclude this verse "to he who overcomes, I will give a crown of life"

I also don't think you addressed what I said about PRAYER and FASTING. It seems you sidestepped it completely...or maybe your example regarding BAPTISM was supposed to take care of that? It didn't. You can not AT ALL compare prayer and fasting to baptism.

Do you believe that someone can accept Christ, and say they believe, and never pray at all and still be saved by the blood of Jesus? They can't. The Lord will say "I have never known you." Prayer is spiritual works..and we need to have a relationship with Christ...not just claim to believe.
Nothing can devalue the blood of Jesus, but the way you believe in Him and your approach to salvation shows God how you see Jesus' blood as insufficient. And so as for you, His blood isn't as valuable to you as it is to God. That is insulting Jesus. My belief glorifies Him and gives Him all the glory.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:30 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
It is finished does not mean that Jesus paid for your sins on the cross. That is merely your interpretation. He sent His followers to continue His work but since you do not follow you cannot see the light. As Jesus said "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him."

"Sinners will not be allowed in the assembly of the righteous, says the Lord"

Old 06-20-2013, 10:33 AM

817 posts, read 739,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Allow me to finish the sentence:

Jesus' gospel of grace appears to have been rejected by Pope Francis.
Very interesting! I'd like to know more about that!

Old 06-20-2013, 10:37 AM

817 posts, read 739,849 times
Quote:
There is nothing to resolve. You are denying the grace of God. The grace of God to you is as valuable as a penny to a rich man. God's grace cannot be brought down to a human level. But because God's grace is bigger than we will ever be we have every reason to rejoice in the love and mercy He has bestowed on us.What part of right believing produces right living don't you understand? Why do you believe there is still good in humanity when Jesus said there is not. You're trusting your own efforts to save you. You think the good things you do have value in the eyes of God and there is none. God is pleased with the finished work of His Son and only the good that manifests from resting in Jesus' finished work is holiness.
Dude, you'll just never get it. You'll never actually see where I'm coming from. It is not all this that you are spewing back at me.

Any moron knows that right believing does not automatically produce right living. Even the demons "believe and tremble." What part of that do you not understand? You would be laughed out of any real forum in the real world with that assertion, that right believing automatically produces right living (outside of a church setting that promotes false teachings of course).

Hopefully you can one day soon break free of the "False religion" that holds you captive in your soul and mind.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWitnesses View Post
Dude, you'll just never get it. You'll never actually see where I'm coming from. It is not all this that you are spewing back at me.

Any moron knows that right believing does not automatically produce right living. Even the demons "believe and tremble." What part of that do you not understand? You would be laughed out of any real forum in the real world with that assertion, that right believing automatically produces right living (outside of a church setting that promotes false teachings of course).

Hopefully you can one day soon break free of the "False religion" that holds you captive in your soul and mind.
The Pharisees covered their ears when they heard grace. Its a shame its still going on today. I follow no religion. I believe in the grace of God. You're the one working for salvation. I know I'm saved by the blood of Jesus.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
It is finished does not mean that Jesus paid for your sins on the cross. That is merely your interpretation. He sent His followers to continue His work but since you do not follow you cannot see the light. As Jesus said "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him."

"Sinners will not be allowed in the assembly of the righteous, says the Lord"
If you believe in Jesus and His finished work, then you're righteous. If you don't then you're a sinner.

It is not just my interpretation, it is the truth. Grace frees people from bondage. You want to know why young people don't go to church and avoid God? Its because the wrong gospel is being preached. Anything that is not the gospel of grace is not of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity